Oct 26, 2001, 09:54 PM

want a fast electric jet

i want to get into e jets, i want a speed demon. what jet should i get?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2001, 07:59 AM
How much are you prepared to spend?

Do you want an ARF?

Willing to scratch build?

For starters take a look at the Electric Jet Factory offerings. Also EAM.

Lots of place to spend your cash.
Oct 28, 2001, 01:05 AM
hi larry.

i want to spend under 200 for the kit, preferably an arf. i am not ready to scratch build. i like a few jets on ejf, but they dont give you speeds or flight characteristits. i know they leave motor options up tou you and effects its speed and other aspects of the kit. example, click on more info on the kyosho t-33, what info do you get on that kit, motor, speed control, etc., that needs to be purchased to have a complete kit. i would like to get info from the customers. i just found this forum last night, so i will be checking in to read posts. i am looking for a fast, durable, easy building jet. i like the f-16, and seen the pics of that bandit, i like it. thanks larry for the reply..

helibug
Oct 28, 2001, 09:10 AM
Does that $200 include the EDF?

Even the most inexpensive EDF, such as the Wemotek MF480, is about $60 without the motor.

The Kyosho T33, although not fast, is about $120 including the EDF/motor. Add a speed control, radio, battery, etc, etc, and your looking at $200-$250.

Read the posts here in this forum. I think you will find speed = $. Fast EDF's cost $$$$.

IMHO, dollar for dollar a prop driven plane will outperform an EDF any day of the week. But a good flying EDF looks and sounds better than a prop job. The trick is to get a good flyer.

Check out EAM, an E-Zone sponsor. They have a couple of inexpensive, good flying kits such as the Electro Screamer. This is an all lazer cut balsa kit that uses a real in-expensive HiLine Red Flame Blaster EDF (~$30, with motor). For less than $200 (presuming you have a radio) you can have a good flying, aerobatic EDF that hand launches easily and will outperform a stock T33 (note the 'stock') good flyer.

Aslso, take a look at the Flash 74. Do a search here, reportedly a much better flyer than either the T33 and or F16.

Speed=$ in the world of EDF's.
Last edited by Larry Dudeck; Oct 28, 2001 at 09:18 AM.
Oct 29, 2001, 10:56 AM
helibug,
I saw the clipped wing (Down to about 35") Flash E-74 from Mark Nankivil fly this weekend. It's pretty fast on 10 cells. You can search for the Flash E-74 under the jets section. Mark sells the kit with the fan and motor for less than $275. Contact Mark for the current price and shipping.

Brad
Last edited by byoung; Oct 29, 2001 at 11:01 AM.
Oct 29, 2001, 07:14 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
You may want to look at a new EDF jet built by Kevin Matney called "Project X". It uses a MF-480 fan unit and you can cram at least 10 cells into it's one piece, composite, clamshell molded body. Kevin told me that his went about 135mph on an Astro805-2Y and 10-1250 cells. It needs a bungee launch. Very cool looking bird. I want one
Check out: http://matneymodels.hypermart.net and email him for details.
Last edited by Troy; Oct 29, 2001 at 07:17 PM.
Oct 29, 2001, 07:15 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
And...