Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:51 AM
Robert Wagoner is offline
Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Robert Wagoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningmcnul View Post
That's the one thing that I really hate with my l39 you have to use their retracts or you cant use their struts and if you don't use their struts then you won't find any that fit in the pre-made moulded recesses!

I wish they would leave the recesses out so that we can fit what we like!

I'll still buy one though if the price is right
The retracts have always been the tricky area and a complete solution is best. manufactures really don't design for 3rd party retrofits, most of the time it's pure luck two different parts not made for each other fit together.

I personally prefer electric retracts and some experiments are under way with these frames and trunnions so all hope is not lost.

--RW
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
DominicM is online now
Find More Posts by DominicM
DominicM
DominicM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner View Post
HET is introducing some new all composite 90mm jets.
Can you share what other jets are in the works Robert?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
Robert Wagoner is offline
Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Robert Wagoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit View Post
Can you share what other jets are in the works Robert?
Brent (Corsair Nut) - almost started over with what arrived to him but did a great re-work job and completion. great work as usual from him.

F-20 pictures.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post19347609

F-20 video clips.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post19347669

William has the F-18 he's working on in his thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1536378

And ... oops can't say yet...

--RW
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:22 AM
scatsob is offline
Find More Posts by scatsob
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
scatsob's Avatar
I know I have already asked, but do you have a projected price?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:36 AM
Robert Wagoner is offline
Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Robert Wagoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
I know I have already asked, but do you have a projected price?
They will cost more than the traditional foam core, balsa sheeted & covered methods. nothing final yet but it will be reasonable considering the great improvement in durability and finishing.

--RW
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
Getmore Rc is offline
Find More Posts by Getmore Rc
Matrix 90 & 100mm sport jet
Getmore Rc's Avatar
What about repair ability on the wing and other composite parts? Or will there be replacement parts.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:41 PM
Robert Wagoner is offline
Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Robert Wagoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getmore Rc View Post
What about repair ability on the wing and other composite parts? Or will there be replacement parts.
Yes, replacement parts.

--RW
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:50 PM
scatsob is offline
Find More Posts by scatsob
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
scatsob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner View Post
And ... oops can't say yet...

--RW
Is it something other than the 90mm Hawker Hunter shown on your site? Oops...thats foam isnt it? My bad.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:19 PM
corsair nut is online now
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
model is now painted, and im in final re assembly at the moment. plan is to do some flying next week while im out of town


Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner View Post
Brent (Corsair Nut) - almost started over with what arrived to him but did a great re-work job and completion. great work as usual from him.

F-20 pictures.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post19347609

F-20 video clips.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post19347669

William has the F-18 he's working on in his thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1536378

And ... oops can't say yet...

--RW
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:32 PM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Well now that the secret's out...

A.) Yes, the intakes are a little large for a 90mm, but I'm still aiming realistically for about 150+mph on the stock HET 9305V2 fan and Typhoon 700 series motors.

B.) Yes it is sweet! Sorry for keeping it on the DL... but sometimes we have to wait for the *OK* from the factory before letting these puppies off the chain!

Sniper is complete, just waiting for a good day to maiden. Then I'll start posting a build thread here! Any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Vic
Hey, Friday morning of next week is a good day!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:40 PM
Flip Flop is offline
Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Registered User
Flip Flop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
model is now painted, and im in final re assembly at the moment. plan is to do some flying next week while im out of town
Hey CN can you post some pics of it all painted up when your done?

Kinda excited for this one.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 05:00 PM
lightningmcnul is offline
Find More Posts by lightningmcnul
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner View Post
The retracts have always been the tricky area and a complete solution is best. manufactures really don't design for 3rd party retrofits, most of the time it's pure luck two different parts not made for each other fit together.

I personally prefer electric retracts and some experiments are under way with these frames and trunnions so all hope is not lost.

--RW
That would be awesome! some nice struts with a 5 inch wire would be fantastic!!!!!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:33 PM
Knife Liddle is online now
Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
Lee Liddle
Knife Liddle's Avatar
Hey Robert, what's your best guess for ETA on the new Sniper? I know that the L-39 and F-16 were both quite a wait even after the protypes had been assembled and tested.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:38 PM
stoneenforcer is online now
Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
High Dynamic Thrust
stoneenforcer's Avatar
I think liddle is drooling....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:53 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Hey, Friday morning of next week is a good day!!
Trying to sneak in a few flights before AZ Jets...
You know I'll keep you guys posted!

Vic


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New HET L-39 90mm by EJF.com AceMigKiller Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 706 Mar 09, 2015 08:37 PM
Sold Crazy Price Drop!! HET Super Sniper with 70mm Mega/HET power system and servos. airmcn_3 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM
Found HET Sniper 90mm, airframe and maybe servos Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 01, 2011 12:10 PM
Sold NIB HET Super Sniper 90 V3 with HET 90mm fan and HET 600-37 motor mcgoughman Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Aug 30, 2011 09:35 PM
Sold HET All Composite Super Sniper priscalex Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 30, 2008 10:17 PM