Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
According to Robert's last pic post ---

The one on the Left (Orange/Blue/White) is the "Classic Orange" AKA 'Tony the Tiger' Scheme

The one on the Right (Red/White) is the new Hi-Viz Scheme.

Vic
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
Yeah Robert, we've been talking via email.. I'll shoot another now.
Thanks, Jay
Very good. email sent with the tracking #

--RW
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by Brickyard
Callsign blocked
Heyyyy, I got it! You guys are the best, thank again
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by turbinetom

Hi-Viz pic

Quote:
C'mon guys.. Slap one of those painted puppies together & post some pics!
I just got the Hi-viz version today, goes together pretty well, see the attached pic below.

Tom
Last edited by turbinetom; Sep 07, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:01 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
FASTEST SNIPER XL90 BUILD TO DATE!!!
Somebody get this man a beer!

Hahaha, all kidding aside --- Enjoy your new Sniper! The Hi-Viz was reeeeally pulling at my chain... I'll post some pics of my custom scheme soon, I just got done shooting the color on the Fuse yesterday.

Vic
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by Brickyard
Callsign blocked
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinetom View Post
I just got the Hi-viz version today, goes together pretty well, see the attached pic below.

Tom
Looks great! Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>

Vic's Custom Scheme

Finally got some color on my bird!!!
My Custom Scheme is starting to come together finally
Everything will eventually get a shot of clearcoat.

Vic
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by turbinetom

More SS XL 90 info

Quote:
Looks great! Thanks
Attached is a pic of battery compartment with the canopy removed and 12S 5000 mAH TP 45C LiPOs stacked in place. It looks like they will just fit, but still need to add a battery tray under them with velcro strapping. Also for those that are interested, the empty weigh of the airframe just taped together is 3 lbs, 13 oz.

Tom
Last edited by turbinetom; Sep 07, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Frankensteen
Die Meistertinkerer
Subscribed!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by Gamalier
As yesterday mine was put aside by Robert. He was rearranging the store a little before sending me the invoice. THAT'S WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Can wait to get the hell out of work here in Brazil go home and start building. BTW I have been in contact with Lado Retract to order a set of retracts for it. I saw a picture and comments from Ace modifying the front retract are to fit a E-Flite front retract. The Lado is not as tall as the E-flite but a little wider in the body (1-2 mm) so I'm hopping for a less rebuild in that area. If not is not a big deal anyway!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by sykotic
200mph +
Hi all,

I have one of these great planes on the way, and I'm looking into power systems for it.

I do have a spare 9305 fan and a HET 700-68-1680kv motor and a HV120 CC esc, but I have no batteries suitable so will be buying them.

With that KV motor it kinda limits me in terms of high cell count.

What do you suggest? A 8s or so of 4800s? Or should I look to get a lower KV motor and run some smaller/higher cell batteries.

Would 4800's in 8s setup be enough or should I go for some bigger batteries?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:48 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Sykotic,
The 1680kv is best suited for no more than 8s packs, and I do recommend at least 4500mah packs so your listed packs should be right on par for about 4 minute flights.

The 1485kv runs great on 10s 4200's, but I only get 3.5 minute flights.

My personal preference is to run higher voltage for lesser amps on a given setup --- I'm going to be running the 1200kv motor on 12s 4200's.

Vic
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:52 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier View Post
BTW I have been in contact with Lado Retract to order a set of retracts for it. I saw a picture and comments from Ace modifying the front retract are to fit a E-Flite front retract. The Lado is not as tall as the E-flite but a little wider in the body (1-2 mm) so I'm hopping for a less rebuild in that area. If not is not a big deal anyway!
Hey bud,
There's a ton of room in the Nose for your retract. I haven't used a Lado before so I'm not sure exactly how much modding it will take... but as long as it's in the same size class you should be good-to-go.

The only worry I have is the Main Gear retracts. The Wing is pretty thin and even the E-flite 25-46 (25mm) tall won't squeeze in there... I'm still going to be running the stock HET Airs for the Mains simply because I can't find a suitable Electric solution.

Vic
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:41 AM
Find More Posts by Sunbather
Just received my kit today. Thank you Robert.

My setup will be:

TJ90 10S
Tamjets E-Flite Electric Gear, Struts and Brakes (Already modified one wing - see attached Photos)
Hitec 5085 Digital Servos

This kit is a huge improvement over previous models from HET. Great value for the money.

John
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by Tamjets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
Just received my kit today. Thank you Robert.

My setup will be:

TJ90 10S
Tamjets E-Flite Electric Gear, Struts and Brakes (Already modified one wing - see attached Photos)
Hitec 5085 Digital Servos

This kit is a huge improvement over previous models from HET. Great value for the money.

John
Here is the set I just put together for John.

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=678