Thread Tools
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:35 PM
NHjets is offline
Find More Posts by NHjets
Registered User
Is there a decent 6s system that will fly this jet off grass?

-Derrek
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:27 PM
RGS2010 is offline
Find More Posts by RGS2010
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
I guess I will say it again;

Do NOT even think about using them if you have a Futaba Radio and plan on running 6V. I tested them and they worked fine with JR, Spektrum, Airtronics BUT with a Futaba RX and TX The servos will go crazy after little use and when you least expect them. I learned the hard way after they destroyed my MIG-15

Ralph
Do all Futaba TX's & RX's run on 6V ???
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHjets View Post
Is there a decent 6s system that will fly this jet off grass?

-Derrek
The HET Typhoon 700-60 either 1738kv or 1865kv motor on the HET 9305V2 fan should work for you.

Big deal will be that it's going to be Amp hungry... these bigger jets really benefit from higher cell counts and lower amp draw. You may want to consider an 8s setup.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:58 PM
NHjets is offline
Find More Posts by NHjets
Registered User
what would be good 8s setup?

-Derrek
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:23 PM
Robert Belluomini is online now
Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
Do all Futaba TX's & RX's run on 6V ???
NO

Rx' are rated at 4.8 to 6.0 volts UNLESS they are a HV High Voltage version

The Tx's vary some use 6 cell NiMH pack, some use 2 cell Lipo packs older versions have 8 cell Nicad pack,

You'll find all the info here:

www.futaba-rc.com
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Dec 04, 2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:06 PM
CRCJA is online now
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

I think so


Like Robert already replied, it's just a choice, if you look at most name brand servo, they post the torque specs for 4.8V and 6.0V and of course at 6V the servos provide more torque. Same goes for name brand RX, they support either voltage, but check with your RX brand to make sure it supports the 6V before you try it.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/brushless.html. here you can see the Futaba 4.8 and 6V torque for some of their servos. Again this is for Receivers and the transmitter has nothing to do with this part.

Ralph


Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
Do all Futaba TX's & RX's run on 6V ???
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
ysolomon is offline
Find More Posts by ysolomon
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHjets View Post
what would be good 8s setup?

-Derrek
I would think that at least a HET 9305v2 (or JetFan 90, or WeMoTec Midi-Fan), with at least a HET 700-68-1680 (this will give you some 3,000W). Mind you--I haven't built this plane, only comparing it to other planes about the same size/weight.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:08 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
^ ^ ^
What he said.

To add in my experience, I'm currently building another Sniper XL90 for 8s using the HET9305V2 Fan and the 700-68-1500kv. Should be good for about 2500 watts.
This is a proven setup; a similar setup flies Brent's (CN's) Sniper very well!

Vic
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:36 AM
RGS2010 is offline
Find More Posts by RGS2010
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Like Robert already replied, it's just a choice, if you look at most name brand servo, they post the torque specs for 4.8V and 6.0V and of course at 6V the servos provide more torque. Same goes for name brand RX, they support either voltage, but check with your RX brand to make sure it supports the 6V before you try it.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/brushless.html. here you can see the Futaba 4.8 and 6V torque for some of their servos. Again this is for Receivers and the transmitter has nothing to do with this part.

Ralph
Got it, thanks guys...I was just trying to understand why the HET digital servos were crapping out if they were rated 4.8/6.0, which they are. I have a Futaba 7C with either original Futaba RX or FASST compatible RX's and these servos caught my eye but not worth it if I lose a model.

Russ
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:29 PM
jcdfrd is online now
Find More Posts by jcdfrd
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
Got it, thanks guys...I was just trying to understand why the HET digital servos were crapping out if they were rated 4.8/6.0, which they are. I have a Futaba 7C with either original Futaba RX or FASST compatible RX's and these servos caught my eye but not worth it if I lose a model.

Russ
I am using Het DS002mg's digital servo's in my L39 on all surfaces except elev that were purchased new about a year ago from EJF and even though I had seen crcja's warnings and took them seriously I have had no issues with them on 6vdc with Futaba 12fg and 6014fs rec in my new L39 which has around 40-50 flights on it now. I am running a LiFe 2s 1100 rec batt and 7.5amp ubec set to 6vdc and they work perfectly. not really sure what Ralph had going on with his setup but he did document it well and did do some troubleshooting to isolate the issue, I cant explain his issue but something was amiss. it could have been a bad servo or something else. anyway here is one that is working properly

HTG L-39 10-7-2012.....Sweet landing!!! (4 min 15 sec)
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:02 PM
CRCJA is online now
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

HET servos


Another thing to remember is the I got the first set of servos they made, that was almost two years ago, they where sent back to HET so they could figure out what was going on. SO, in short, ( pun intended) they could have fixed whatever was going on, I just say test them before carefully if you are going to run 6V and Futaba RX. All this talk just makes me want to finish my second MIG-15 (that's where I installed the servos) Maybe after the Sniper XL and the Habu32

Ralph


Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
not really sure what Ralph had going on with his setup but he did document it well and did do some troubleshooting to isolate the issue, I cant explain his issue but something was amiss. it could have been a bad servo or something else. anyway here is one that is working properly
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
RGS2010 is offline
Find More Posts by RGS2010
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar

Thanks!


Again, thanks for taking the time to share your experience about the servos. I think I will give them a try. I have a "non crucial" edf that I can test 'em on. I'm just getting into the digital servos and want to survey those that are more in the know than I.

...programming may now return to normal... or something like that from the old Twilight Zone episodes!

Russ
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:18 AM
LOLO77 is offline
Find More Posts by LOLO77
Registered User
LOLO77's Avatar

Update


Hi everybody! Thanks PAXTON and KNIFE… I’m going to show you what I have done. I still working in some mods but for now the most important for me are…
1- Retracts; I squeezed E-flite 25-46 in this wings(there is a little mod to do before they could fit).
2- Ribs to reinforce the fuselage, giving some rigidity to the tail section.
3- Using Robart hinges for rudder and elevator
4- all servos are removable and I fixed the position of them to give then the right angle and avoid the use of ball links.
5- offset hinges for flaps.
6- etc…



Ready for questions...
Last edited by LOLO77; Dec 09, 2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:49 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Looking good!
I'm probably going to drop E-flite 25-46's for Mains too. Did you just cut out the glass section and shim it up with hardwood?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:07 PM
LOLO77 is offline
Find More Posts by LOLO77
Registered User
LOLO77's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Looking good!
I'm probably going to drop E-flite 25-46's for Mains too. Did you just cut out the glass section and shim it up with hardwood?
I did cut really carefully the thin fiberglass layer at the bottom on the wing and you have to cut a small white zip tie that hold the cables on the retracts... then with 3mm plywood... Pictures will describe better than my words!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New HET L-39 90mm by EJF.com AceMigKiller Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 706 Mar 09, 2015 08:37 PM
Sold Crazy Price Drop!! HET Super Sniper with 70mm Mega/HET power system and servos. airmcn_3 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM
Found HET Sniper 90mm, airframe and maybe servos Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 01, 2011 12:10 PM
Sold NIB HET Super Sniper 90 V3 with HET 90mm fan and HET 600-37 motor mcgoughman Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Aug 30, 2011 09:35 PM
Sold HET All Composite Super Sniper priscalex Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 30, 2008 10:17 PM