Thread Tools
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:29 PM
Brickyard is offline
Find More Posts by Brickyard
Callsign blocked
Brickyard's Avatar
Good job! Glad to see it come to light
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:09 PM
corsair nut is online now
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
its been 2 months since ive flown my sniper. i put 6 flights on it today, the last of which i did 6 or 7 touch and goes. it flew awesome. i fly at 4500 ft ASL and my field is only 400 ft long. takeoff is a non issue, its off in less than 200 ft with full flap takeoffs. it dead calm air, with density alt of about 7000 ft, its a little bit of a stretch on landing and beeing able to stop with only 250 ft left of runway after touch down, but once the breeze pics up, its stopped by about 300 ft, and its much easier to land with a little breeze on our small field. the plane just tracks so nice, even at lower speeds. i was doing low passes with half flap, at about 1 ft off the ground. was a great day flying. flight times were 5-5.5min with 20% left in the packs. it really moves out with a shallow dive to get it going. vertical is pretty awesome, even at our altitude, especially for just a 8s setup.

i think at some point im going to build my own wing and stab and take a good pound off the model. maybe build in some washout. i had a couple tip stalls right before touch down a couple of times because i was flaring with full up trying to get it to land really slow. ill probably do bigger flaps too. its such a nice flying model, ill proably use the stock airfoils though. but, it will be a while before i do all that work. for now, ill just enjoy as is.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:49 PM
Extreme_RC is offline
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Maybe some wing fences would help with the low speed characteristics.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:59 PM
AceMigKiller is online now
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Maybe some wing fences would help with the low speed characteristics.
Maybe but in Brent's case we're talking about extreme slow speeds!

Even on my 12s bird, touchdown w/ full flaps on calm wind days was around 25-30mph. Should be manageable for anyone flying a bird this size

Vic
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:31 PM
CRCJA is online now
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Rain


I wanted to go maiden mine today, but it started raining at the field Al, did you ever get a replacement canopy?

Ralph
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:53 PM
corsair nut is online now
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
yeah tip stalls were happening around 20 mph at 7000ft altitude density. anything above that its rock steady
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:54 PM
falconjet50 is offline
Find More Posts by falconjet50
Registered User
Hey Robert I responsed to your Private Meassage . Thanks for the follow up.....
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:55 AM
SCALEFAN is offline
Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Done it all
Yes Ralph, Thanks for your offer. Robert had it to me direct from HET in a couple weeks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
I wanted to go maiden mine today, but it started raining at the field Al, did you ever get a replacement canopy?

Ralph
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:21 AM
evo101 is offline
Find More Posts by evo101
Registered User
evo101's Avatar
any more photos or videos of this baby floating around?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
CRCJA is online now
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Fotos?


What kind of pictures do you want? I have not flown mine yet, so no in-flight pictures. You would think I am in the UK right now, summertime and rain for the third day in a row

Here are some internal pictures that Mike asked me for last night. A little messy, but I've done worse This are all the photos I have on my phone here at work, I can take some more tonight.

Ralph


Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00 View Post
any more photos or videos of this baby floating around?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:28 PM
jcdfrd is online now
Find More Posts by jcdfrd
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Nice work Ralph
now lets get some flight vid and get this thread going again, new stabs are here and I would think the SSXL should become available soon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:53 PM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
man .. is that a T-Plug on the ESC input :O



???
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hossinarizona is offline
Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
More Speed Indeed!
Hossinarizona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
What kind of pictures do you want? I have not flown mine yet, so no in-flight pictures. You would think I am in the UK right now, summertime and rain for the third day in a row

Here are some internal pictures that Mike asked me for last night. A little messy, but I've done worse This are all the photos I have on my phone here at work, I can take some more tonight.

Ralph
Hey Ralph,
Looking good to me, thanks for posting them! Looks like you changed out the rear wing screws, the way they are installed is a joke. They put blind nuts on a small round piece of plywood, it only takes a little pressure to pop them off the fuselage I changed all 4 of them out to 6/32, no more metric screws! I am toying with the nose gear door as we speak, I just hate that big cut out for the retract, I just ordered some spring loaded hinges. I am hoping to get it ready for Sunday, even if I don't make it I want to see yours fly, I can do the video if you like
Mike
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:55 PM
CRCJA is online now
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Wing Mount


I put a piece of wood along the bottom, of the plane and mounted the blind nuts for it, I will repost a picture of it later tonight. All hardware was changed, not because there was anything wrong with it, BUT If I lose a wing bolt, I like to be able to walk into any hardware store and pick put spares, YES, those are 6/32 .

@Pavcon, It's single Deans plug with two deans on the other side to plug in two batteries, we refer (OK, me) to a "Y" connector.

Ralph



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Hey Ralph,
Looking good to me, thanks for posting them! Looks like you changed out the rear wing screws, the way they are installed is a joke. They put blind nuts on a small round piece of plywood, it only takes a little pressure to pop them off the fuselage I changed all 4 of them out to 6/32, no more metric screws! I am toying with the nose gear door as we speak, I just hate that big cut out for the retract, I just ordered some spring loaded hinges. I am hoping to get it ready for Sunday, even if I don't make it I want to see yours fly, I can do the video if you like
Mike


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New HET L-39 90mm by EJF.com AceMigKiller Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 706 Mar 09, 2015 08:37 PM
Sold Crazy Price Drop!! HET Super Sniper with 70mm Mega/HET power system and servos. airmcn_3 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM
Found HET Sniper 90mm, airframe and maybe servos Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 01, 2011 12:10 PM
Sold NIB HET Super Sniper 90 V3 with HET 90mm fan and HET 600-37 motor mcgoughman Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Aug 30, 2011 09:35 PM
Sold HET All Composite Super Sniper priscalex Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 30, 2008 10:17 PM