Thread Tools
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
CRCJA is offline
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Nah


I got the Idea from you Vic, $4.00 at Park Flyer Plastics. Thanks. I am still debating if the same size one would be enough for the ESC or go with the next bigger size.

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...f46ba821e38775

Ralph


Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
I *seriously* almost said something, then thought to myself, "Naaah! Ralph knows better!"

Looking good bud
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
jcdfrd is offline
Find More Posts by jcdfrd
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast1779 View Post
Hmm, now I'm wondering if the ESC is in front of or behind that hole. Should get more airflow if it's in front towards the nose shouldn't it? Or does it even really matter much?
how about esc right over the hole with enough space to pull air thru, maybe 1/16 standoff
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:27 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
I am still debating if the same size one would be enough for the ESC or go with the next bigger size.

Ralph
I used the largest one in that pack for my ESC.
Think I posted pics a few pages back but I'll post it again just in case.
My ESC is mounted w/ 4 small wood screws to two 1/8" pieces of hardwood. Those pieces were then glued to the inside of the Fuse. The ESC is about 3/4" back from the NACA scoop. Comes down super cool... not even a good hand warmer!

Vic
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
cquian is offline
Find More Posts by cquian
Registered User
Just noticed how you integrated the stripe on the NACA duct. Nice deception
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:17 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
I prefer, "Pride in workmanship and attention to detail"

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
AIR SALLY is offline
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
ace your so humble
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:53 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
^ ^ ^

I learned from some very fine modelers growing up.
Just trying to apply the cool tricks I learned... maybe pass a few on??
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:55 PM
CRCJA is offline
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Finishing


OK, Vic, Mike,

Got the last of my parts today, It's time to get this bad boy off the ground, I got the cockpit kit I ordered from Hobby King, since this was the F-86 scheme I ordered the 90MM Pilot and Cockpit from HK, but they are way too big, so now I am going with a smaller one, I think it's made for a 70MM F-18 but it fit's OK and I can't stand to fly a plane with no Pilot.

Someone asked for a picture of my Elevator install so here are some. Since Vic and Al report that they run out of Elevator on Landing, I am thinking of putting in a little Balsa wedge on the triangle tip of the trailing edge of the Horizontal Stab to raise the lower part of the tailcone maybe 1/4 inch. What do you think Brent? Vic? Does it really need more Elevator throw with full flaps on Landing?

Ralph
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hossinarizona is online now
Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
More Speed Indeed!
Hossinarizona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
OK, Vic, Mike,

Got the last of my parts today, It's time to get this bad boy off the ground, I got the cockpit kit I ordered from Hobby King, since this was the F-86 scheme I ordered the 90MM Pilot and Cockpit from HK, but they are way too big, so now I am going with a smaller one, I think it's made for a 70MM F-18 but it fit's OK and I can't stand to fly a plane with no Pilot.

Someone asked for a picture of my Elevator install so here are some. Since Vic and Al report that they run out of Elevator on Landing, I am thinking of putting in a little Balsa wedge on the triangle tip of the trailing edge of the Horizontal Stab to raise the lower part of the tailcone maybe 1/4 inch. What do you think Brent? Vic? Does it really need more Elevator throw with full flaps on Landing?

Ralph
Ralph,

Looking good, can't wait to see this fly with the new stab. If it works out, I will have to speak with Clay, with lots of $$$
Last edited by Hossinarizona; Jul 28, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:00 PM
CRCJA is offline
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Stab


Mike,

I saw your stab today, the hinges are glued and pinned, Honestly, unless your going 12S, I would used it, but I understand, it's a piece of mind thing.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Ralph,

Looking good, can't wait to see this fly with the new stab. If it works out, I will have to speak with Clay, with lots of $$$
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
AceMigKiller is offline
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Does it really need more Elevator throw with full flaps on Landing?
It's not *that* big a deal, just a noticeable difference from when you're going 100+ in the pattern. All I did was set up High/Low Rates.

Takeoff/Land on High --- Fly around the patch on Low.

Vic
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hossinarizona is online now
Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
More Speed Indeed!
Hossinarizona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Mike,

I saw your stab today, the hinges are glued and pinned, Honestly, unless your going 12S, I would used it, but I understand, it's a piece of mind thing.

Ralph
Ralph,

Yep, it's going to be a 12S set up, that was the game plan from the very beginning, way before the stab issue raised it's ugly head. I would just like to here of other people (other than one) running a 12S set up with the stock stab and servo set up with safe results. So for now, it's just hanging on the wall collecting dust

Mike
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:38 AM
Knife Liddle is online now
Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
Lee Liddle
Knife Liddle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Ralph,

I would just like to here of other people (other than one) running a 12S set up with the stock stab and servo set up with safe results.
Mike
Yeah, good luck waiting on that.

Mike, I feel your pain. I`d just like to buy one, and I can`t even do that

Send me your stab, I`ll fix it for ya.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:51 PM
CRCJA is offline
Find More Posts by CRCJA
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Tragedy adverted


Tragedy adverted, I was setting the throws on the flaps, I removed the servo from the Right Wing to adjust the servo control horn. Once I put it back, I moved it through its paces to make sure I had the same amount on both sides, then the servo stopped moving and I saw a little bit of smoke, I yanked the RX battery and found the servo had burned up. Man that would have sucked to have that happen in the Air. I will replace both 82MG servos from the flaps tonight, and then I just need the nose wheel steering, thrust tube and of course Balance.

Ralph
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:13 AM
alanjets is offline
Find More Posts by alanjets
Registered User
alanjets's Avatar
Its quite funny as im getting excited to get another one sure to be ready soon its a great flying plane love HET stuff


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New HET L-39 90mm by EJF.com AceMigKiller Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 706 Mar 09, 2015 08:37 PM
Sold Crazy Price Drop!! HET Super Sniper with 70mm Mega/HET power system and servos. airmcn_3 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM
Found HET Sniper 90mm, airframe and maybe servos Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 01, 2011 12:10 PM
Sold NIB HET Super Sniper 90 V3 with HET 90mm fan and HET 600-37 motor mcgoughman Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Aug 30, 2011 09:35 PM
Sold HET All Composite Super Sniper priscalex Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 30, 2008 10:17 PM