to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Paul that looks Super clean man !

Got colors figured out yet ?
Tim i just sow one blue below the water line and a very light blue
hull and gloss white the rest of the boat looked great.
I olso sow a couple with the yellow hull and the rest white.
It would have to be just the right yellow i don't think i take a
chance on that one.
Aug 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
George do i remember right you have Two 700 motors in your Donzi ?
Did you add any weight to bring it down to the water line ?
Aug 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
bill how much do you want for your dauntless I'am willing to pay
Aug 29, 2012, 01:50 PM
I ment to send you a pravite message
Aug 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
bill I will also take that boat you were selling and I talked to my parents and they are ok with it my dad said I should buy a boat that is finshed even if it cost alot
Aug 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
no such thing as to many boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Band1 View Post
George do i remember right you have Two 700 motors in your Donzi ?
Did you add any weight to bring it down to the water line ?
Paul go brushless
Aug 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
QUOTE=Band1;22583828]George do i remember right you have Two 700 motors in your Donzi ?
Did you add any weight to bring it down to the water line ?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it they did anything I had 2 dumas 6v in it and its a toss up
Aug 29, 2012, 03:09 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcusumano View Post
bill how much do you want for your dauntless I'am willing to pay
James, I am not selling my Dauntless. Maybe Rich will listen to an offer on his.

Remember the other boat is not ready to go . It needs motors and electronics.

Bill
Aug 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
my dad said I should buy a boat that is finshed even if it cost alot
I'll gladly sell you my boat when i'm finished with it...Wait, my boat never seems to be finished...nevermind..

-Rich.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
my dad said I should buy a boat that is finshed even if it cost alot
James....say no more buddy!! I am going to post a link for you. There they build beautiful model boats on commission. Forget about the scrubby Dauntless's that you will find online...Have them build you one or pick one of the other beautiful boats that they are featuring. For example, look at the boat the Thunderbird. She is the same type of commuter style boat as Dauntless and she is very elegant. Have them make you one of those. Or take a look at Aphrodite, another elegant commuter. If your dad is willing to give you whatever you want go big..I would say commission one of those boats in 1/16 scale.

At least this way you will be the ONLY person in the club with that boat rather than having a bunch of the same boats in a club. We already have two Dauntless's and any more than that starts to get cheesy.

Be original man and get a boat that no one else in the club has. Get a boat that you can be proud of and consider the money well spent!!

http://modelshipmaster.com/products/...raft/index.htm

-Rich.
Last edited by RICH404; Aug 29, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
i didn't think those boats where for sale but its always good to try
Aug 29, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH404 View Post
James....say no more buddy!! I am going to post a link for you. There they build beautiful model boats on commission. Forget about the scrubby Dauntless's that you will find online...Have them build you one or pick one of the other beautiful boats that they are featuring. For example, look at the boat the Thunderbird. She is the same type of commuter style boat as Dauntless and she is very elegant. Have them make you one of those. Or take a look at Aphrodite, another elegant commuter. If your dad is willing to give you whatever you want go big..I would say commission one of those boats in 1/16 scale.

At least this way you will be the ONLY person in the club with that boat rather than having a bunch of the same boats in a club. We already have two Dauntless's and any more than that starts to get cheesy.

Be original man and get a boat that no one else in the club has.

http://modelshipmaster.com/products/...raft/index.htm

-Rich.
nice site Rich looks like good stuff
Aug 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie R/C NUT View Post
nice site Rich looks like good stuff
Hi Louie,

Sites like those are good for people that want quality built boats that don't have the time, skill or desire to do it on their own. This way someone like James can pick out a real beauty and have them make it for them.

I think this is a good solution because James's father is willing to spend the money if the boat is quality and complete. Something like that could be a good arrangement for him.

Now, James can go through the site, see what boat really captures his attention and he can have it built for him.

Hopefully this works because I can't seem to pull a beautiful Dauntless out of thin air without parting with my own.

-Rich.
Aug 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
On the other hand It might be good if someone out there could take James under their wing and teach him how to build and maintain these types of models. We all know how finicky and fickle they can be (weekly rescues) and need constant attention such as ESC problems etc. At the moment James is not, as far as I know, prepared to do that. Last picnic Shelly, John and i all experienced mechanical problems and i won't mention a certain crash.

Bill
Last edited by sound sailor; Aug 29, 2012 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply