This thread is privately moderated by SafeLandings, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 09, 2011, 06:39 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Thread OP
Build Log

Para motor heart aches

I just couldn't resist the purchase of a para foil from our Chinese friends a few weeks back.
The first para motor Gondola I constructed was made from wood, after several attempts and many many repairs I did finally manage to get it air borne.
But roll control was very limited. After a bit of reading on the net I came to the conclusion that this effect was due to the Gondola being way too light.
So I decided to construct a new 'heavier' MKII version that should hopefully be a bit more crash proof
This has now been completed and I am just waiting for the the good old UK weather to improve.

A few photos below of the wooden version and the new MKII version.

Here is a crappy video I made of the best flight achieved with the wooden version and another of its last flight. This was caused by myself adjusting one of the control lines way to much causing a roll to the left and SPLAT!

Para Motor Best flight yet! (0 min 49 sec)

Last Flight of the MK1 para motor! (1 min 53 sec)

Will report back 'good or bad' when I get chance to try the new version

Rich
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2011, 10:41 PM
I got a good smile watching your video. Well at least your having fun. Good luck! Your para plane looks pretty cool

Quick Reply