Sep 16, 2012, 04:33 AM
Some of the 'better' FC systems use dedicated ECSs that are controlled via an I2C interface which is a 2-way data flow. Mikrokopter for one, but the Conrad (Reely) quad I started with had this too. Plenty of advantages for example you can put a finger into one of the props on the Conrad and all 4 motors stop instantly (great safety feature). With the MK, stuff data like ESC temp is passed back to the FC and can be viewed via telemetry. It also monitors motor condition and will report a drop in power. I assume it does this using voltage/current/rpm feedback from the individual ESCs - sensored motors are not required.

This is the Conrad ... you can see the I2C ribbon cables running from the FC board in the centre to the ESC boards each side. Each board runs two motors.

Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2012, 05:24 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
Can anyone tell me how to setup a none gps failsafe switch on a futaba 9C?
Not sure if this is what you are asking, but my 9C is set up like this:

[PROG.MIX5]
<OFF> or <ON> depending on position of switch H
(OFST arrow GEAR)

RATE 54

MIX>OFF
MAS>OFST
SLV>5:GEAR
LINK>OFF
SW>H
POSI>DOWN

I believe I could have used any mix but just chose 5. I think perhaps I adjusted the rate to get the slider to fall in a FAILSAFE box on the ASSISTANT. RX Channel 5 is the channel I chose for the flight modes GPS A M and plugs into U I believe on the MC.
Sep 16, 2012, 09:21 AM
fly to the moon :)
i have a question regarding the frequency of the esc. Naza manual says 400hz. It is up to 400hz or need specific 400hz esc frequency. What will happen if put esc at 500hz with the naza.?

Secondly i project to buy thoses :
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ontroller.html

or thoses :
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...0&productname=

Can anyone know if thoses are plug n play compatible with the naza (in 400hz native). The frequency refresh output is not mentionned. I dont want to flash anything, just esc that performing well (that's why i'm interested with the simonk already flashed).
Sep 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
They are more efficient most of the time because they don't flex as much. They are CF reenforced, the the "landing" in the vid I just posted because I and still using all of those props with no issue at all. They are better balanced out of the box than most but I am anal and balance them all. Most don't require more than a pinky nail peice of elec tape on one side close to the hub to balance.
i guess ill be ordering some soon then
Sep 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Taka
What frame is that you were using ? Looks super lightweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Some of the 'better' FC systems use dedicated ECSs that are controlled via an I2C interface which is a 2-way data flow. Mikrokopter for one, but the Conrad (Reely) quad I started with had this too. Plenty of advantages for example you can put a finger into one of the props on the Conrad and all 4 motors stop instantly (great safety feature). With the MK, stuff data like ESC temp is passed back to the FC and can be viewed via telemetry. It also monitors motor condition and will report a drop in power. I assume it does this using voltage/current/rpm feedback from the individual ESCs - sensored motors are not required.

This is the Conrad ... you can see the I2C ribbon cables running from the FC board in the centre to the ESC boards each side. Each board runs two motors.

Sep 16, 2012, 10:39 AM
I think it's this.
Sep 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla
What frame is that you were using ? Looks super lightweight.
That's the Conrad frame - yes, it's very light. This is what it looks like as standard, with folding arms

I'm still using the centre spaceframe with the Naza

but with a new arm set on top

I've got two extra motors and ESCs so will be moving everything to an F550 at some point though. The Conrad frame was all set up with the landing gear and gimbal so it was a quick conversion.
Sep 16, 2012, 03:08 PM
This is not Naza controlled but is very cool.
Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! (5 min 12 sec)
Sep 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportpilot Marv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJM...e_gdata_player
I think TJ all ready has one of these.
Sep 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Aside from being fake... they already stated it at some web page...
Sep 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
You mean the whole video is fake, crap, I just sent $5,000 to a guy in Nigeria to buy one. Lol
Sep 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Just a yard bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
That's the Conrad frame - yes, it's very light. This is what it looks like as standard, with folding arms

I'm still using the centre spaceframe with the Naza

but with a new arm set on top

I've got two extra motors and ESCs so will be moving everything to an F550 at some point though. The Conrad frame was all set up with the landing gear and gimbal so it was a quick conversion.
What is the camera looks cool.
Sep 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
I think there was a rumor that the video is a video game pre-advertisement.
Sep 16, 2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen
What is the camera looks cool.
Sony DSC-WX1 ... couple of years old now.
Sep 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
DXL Team Pilot FuriusP
I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask but i ll give it a try. I was running my Naza on an HK f450 clone with 10" and 8" props. It was running very smooth. My 10x3.8 SF APC props had to be replaced so i thought of trying some APC 11x5.5 electric props for more lifting. I received them checked that they are balanced and put them on. But i get a very bizarre behavior. It flies very smooth for a couple of seconds and then i get a hard glitch as if i am very high on the gain. I mean very high like 5 times the value I should be on. I faced many times false gain values and this never happened to me. Gain is at 150% which is the same value as 10" props and the 8". Any ideas what i might be experiencing? I ll try again tomorrow with the 10" see if i have this behavior again.

Quick Reply