Apr 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy24
happy to hear that goldsworthy...i am having problems getting my motors to arm...nothing is working.. i am annoyed because i paid a DJI rep to build this for me and now he is NOT available...in vegas...

ok the guy at dji built it but did you send your Tx so he could bind it and set it up with the assistannt?

If not then you need to set your Tx in assistant software and after that it will arm.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2012, 10:24 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
Flight #2 I let her rip! I went to one of our local large area parks this morning. I set the F450 down and took off!. I let it climb high about 400 feet above my posision. We have no wind today and the F450 was stable in its high flight. I tested the controls in all directions and everything went smooth as silk!. I was using my 3s 25C 2200mAh battery so I only flew about 6 minutes before landing and going home. I wonder if the new battery I got yesterday will fly longer? . What do you all think I was hoping for at least another 2 minutes or so here are the other battery specifications-Minimum Capacity: 3000mAh
Configuration: 4S1P / 14.8v / 4Cell
Constant Discharge: 35C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 45C
Pack Weight: 364g
Pack Size: 139 x 43 x 27mm
Charge Plug: JST-XH
Discharge plug: 4mm Bullet-connector Anyway, I quickly decended and 5 feet or so above the ground I guned the throttle so it would hover then gently put it down like a feather. I have to say the NAZA is wonderfull! (I AM HOOKED!)
Good to hear. The larger battery will give you longer flight time and also more power since it's 4S vs 3S along with the higher capacity. There's is a point of diminision returns though. The larger the batter, the higher the weight, the more power needed to fly the extra weight, the more amps required for the extra power needs, the shorter the battery lasts before getting depleted. With you setup though, you'd be fine. I would still recommend turning off your VU voltage monitor if you're going to be flying with both 3S and 4S packs...don't want to confuse things or overdischarge a battery. I bought a lipo alarm that plugs into the battery balance connector. It monitors each cell voltage and starts beeping...really load, when a cell gets below the set alarm threshold. Works with 2S-6S packs...so swapping different batteries is no issue and I still get warning when a pack is getting low. http://www.valuehobby.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=alarm I only bought one...wish I bought two or three...will be ordering some more for me in the future. At the price, get at least a couple of them.
Apr 18, 2012, 10:26 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
How far are you getting before you encounter a problem? I went back a couple pages and didnt see any other posts from you but would love to help if I can.
everything powers up just fine...i have Tx/Rx connectivity..i can flip my Atti/Man mode switch and get LED response from the VU..When i try to CSC with my Tx..the LED on the VU double blinks...

The thing is that my ESC's arent arming...when i plug everything in the motors do the intial tone telling me there is power...but my ESC's dont play the "tone" that i have assigned them...So i dont know exactly what the issue is...

I even switched the naza back over to my larger quad and everything worked just fine over there....so im a little stumped...and im pretty sure the HW esc's are compatible with Naza...

So i would appreciate any help/advice you can give me
Apr 18, 2012, 10:31 AM
I never finish anyth
Stock ESCs?
Apr 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Good to hear. The larger battery will give you longer flight time and also more power since it's 4S vs 3S along with the higher capacity. There's is a point of diminision returns though. The larger the batter, the higher the weight, the more power needed to fly the extra weight, the more amps required for the extra power needs, the shorter the battery lasts before getting depleted. With you setup though, you'd be fine. I would still recommend turning off your VU voltage monitor if you're going to be flying with both 3S and 4S packs...don't want to confuse things or overdischarge a battery. I bought a lipo alarm that plugs into the battery balance connector. It monitors each cell voltage and starts beeping...really load, when a cell gets below the set alarm threshold. Works with 2S-6S packs...so swapping different batteries is no issue and I still get warning when a pack is getting low. http://www.valuehobby.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=alarm I only bought one...wish I bought two or three...will be ordering some more for me in the future. At the price, get at least a couple of them.
HEY! when you order more of those order 2 of them for me! Tap on a extra $10.00 on my bill to help with your postage bill! for both your order and your shipping to me PLEASE?
Apr 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
Stock ESCs?
No these are not the DJI esc's if that is what you are referring to...they are hobbywing 25a programmable esc's.
Apr 18, 2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
HEY! when you order more of those order 2 of them for me! Tap on a extra $10.00 on my bill to help with your postage bill! for both your order and your shipping to me PLEASE?

I just ordered a bunch of them, I ordered 2 for you also, no need to pay extra, just come pick them up.
Apr 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the link to that killer little device, although my DX8 shows the flight pack voltage and it's pretty exact with the VU, those monitors/alarms are pretty cool. I ordered a bunch of them.

Thanks

Quote:
Apr 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
Apc 14 slowfly props are sweet.
Apr 18, 2012, 11:17 AM
This thing can also be used to find your model if it ever got lost, when your battery starts running down it will beep. If not you, someone should hear it and find it and hopefully return it to you.

Quote:
Apr 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821
This thing can also be used to find your model if it ever got lost, when your battery starts running down it will beep. If not you, someone should hear it and find it and hopefully return it to you.
The neat thing is you can adjust the alarm level...from something like 2.9v-3.8v. When the alarm goes off you will definetly hear it...I can hear mine both from the air and through my FPV audio transmission. They'ed work for a lost alarm...if they stay plugged in to the battery balance tap and you wait long enough for them to drop below the alarm level.
Apr 18, 2012, 01:07 PM
Reference the Pro's cons for failsafe/battery or signal loss landings out field. Yes I agree its not desirable to rely on the failsafe to land but its a necessary evil in the pursuit of the full use of your equipment as every bodies equipment is individual.

What makes a Naza desirable for me at least is its failsafe recovery/land system whereby it should level/land.
Whilst I accept it will be traveling downwind and likely tip it does minimise impact damage. What I'm not happy with is the cumulative damage caused when it runs on and on until signal can be re-established which can be a considerable amount of time if its a long way off or in not so readily accessible position.

In reality the only way to fully explore your equipments limits is to actually go and test how far and how long its going to run. You can go technical with RTH etc etc or use an effective failsafe system.(Naza). Whilst under the hood (FPV) I cant see the blinking LED, + dont want the additional complexity/weight of a current sensor OSD as weight reduces performance, complexity adds more failure points.

Me, I'm trying to maximise my range in relation to flightime available as I'm certainly not interested in pottering around over somebodies head. As a result I do experience failsafe situations fairly frequently.

Quads components for longer range FPV dont mix to well for a number of reasons. Lots of electrical noise from esc's, signal noise from Vtx in close proximity to your Rx etc. Even with a UHF system I struggle beyond 1/3rd of a mile at low level.

So please DJI can you update the Failsafe software to cut the motors on a failsafe landing.
Apr 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
That would be really cool if the motors would stop after landing.
I thought mine stayed on because I have my DX8 fail safe set to 10%.
so I thought that after the NAZA autoland, the receiver took over and defaulted to the 10 throttle.
Apr 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
Artic jetflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_OZ
Anyone?
My x-468 gimbal works well on my f550/ naza. Very smooth indeed.
Took some time to set up perfectly though.
Apr 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap_2000
My x-468 gimbal works well on my f550/ naza. Very smooth indeed.
Took some time to set up perfectly though.
There was a member who said he was having problems with his tipping over when landing.
How does yours land?

Also we are looking for International dealers to make it easier to get our products to International customers without expensive shipping and a longer wait.
If you know of any dealers in your country who might be interested in X468 please have have them contact me at
www.Rc-Drones.Com

Thank you

Quick Reply