Nov 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
I must admit that I am looking forward to the release of this Naza board, and to comparing it to the OP-CC. I'm thinking that if this board lives up to the videos that it will be the most appropriate FPV board available. That is, since it has alt hold and since it appears to be pretty doggone stable it will be great for those of us learning FPV!

I gotta also admit that, just like TimeCop, I sure wish DJI would implement the option to use a PPM Sum controller on this puppy!! I'm a bit baffled as to why that doesn't happen, but I'm certainly not upset about it.

Maybe a good compromise would be to include three 'female to female' short servo extension wires with every purchase so that connecting my RX won't be an exercise in digging through the parts drawer(s)!!
Ken:

It looks like from this picture it can. M1-6, F1 and F2. I understand the LED but what is the EXP? It has 4 connections.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
My question, is it capable of controlling a 2 axis camera gimbal? If it does I'll swap the WKM on my quad for one and put the WKM on my Droidworx frame.

If it's just another sport flying controller that has auto level, I have plenty of those and don't need another one.
DJI PLEASE confirm if it has camera stabilization or not.
Nov 13, 2011, 01:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
I must admit that I am looking forward to the release of this Naza board, and to comparing it to the OP-CC. I'm thinking that if this board lives up to the videos that it will be the most appropriate FPV board available. That is, since it has alt hold and since it appears to be pretty doggone stable it will be great for those of us learning FPV!

I gotta also admit that, just like TimeCop, I sure wish DJI would implement the option to use a PPM Sum controller on this puppy!! I'm a bit baffled as to why that doesn't happen, but I'm certainly not upset about it.

Maybe a good compromise would be to include three 'female to female' short servo extension wires with every purchase so that connecting my RX won't be an exercise in digging through the parts drawer(s)!!




I two am one that wish they would add PPM i hate having wires running all over the place and PPM solves that Tom
Nov 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Registered User
this flight controllers is aim for all fpv so stabilization is a necessary!
Nov 13, 2011, 02:00 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
this flight controllers is aim for all fpv so stabilization is a necessary!
If you are talking about camera stabilization you would never use that for FPV as it would be alot harder to fly.
Nov 13, 2011, 02:04 PM
Suspended Account
doubt it will have cam stab, otherwise looks like you spent $900 just for a gps module and be almost same as its bigger brother?
Nov 13, 2011, 02:12 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
But when you look at it; no CAM bus, I am not sure what the EXP four lead out is for (expansion??), I don't think that the data link with View and WayPoints will be available for this board.

Here is what Sydney posted in the beginning:

"Since Ed started a new thread, I will add what I know. Naza is a brand new core, development began late last year. All in one design, unlike WKM using separate controller and IMU. It is NOT WKM-Lite. It will promise to be priced straightly for hobby segment, fun and sport type flying and light AP work. When DJI dealers are fully informed, I will post more product detail.

Features:
S-Bus support
Dual flight modes – manual and ATTI
Self leveling and Altitude hold
LED multi function indicator
USB interface
2A Power Module? (Looks like this feature did not make the cut.)
Assistant Software
Firmware upgradable"

If it is for "Light AP work" then I would think that it would have gimbal stabilization. I guess we will have to wait until DJI confirms or denies.
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Nov 13, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Nov 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
Registered User
nowadays stabilization is a "standart" option!!
i don t think that dji doesn t create the code for the naja...because lots of users will go out to an another units...
Nov 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
nowadays stabilization is a "standart" option!!
i don t think that dji doesn t create the code for the naja...because lots of users will go out to an another units...
we are talking camera stab tho, no need for it on sport fly & fpv etc..
Nov 13, 2011, 05:16 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
lovegroove's Avatar
I couldn't imagine trying to fly FPV with camera stabilization. Has anyone tried it and is it even possible? Maybe with an OSD with artificial horizon it might just be possible
Nov 13, 2011, 05:22 PM

NAZA Expansion??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
But when you look at it; no CAM bus, I am not sure what the EXP four lead out is for (expansion??), I don't think that the data link with View and WayPoints will be available for this board.

Here is what Sydney posted in the beginning:

"Since Ed started a new thread, I will add what I know. Naza is a brand new core, development began late last year. All in one design, unlike WKM using separate controller and IMU. It is NOT WKM-Lite. It will promise to be priced straightly for hobby segment, fun and sport type flying and light AP work. When DJI dealers are fully informed, I will post more product detail.

Features:
S-Bus support
Dual flight modes – manual and ATTI
Self leveling and Altitude hold
LED multi function indicator
USB interface
2A Power Module? (Looks like this feature did not make the cut.)
Assistant Software
Firmware upgradable"

If it is for "Light AP work" then I would think that it would have gimbal stabilization. I guess we will have to wait until DJI confirms or denies.
As in our DJI News Letter this was stated " NAZA will have firmware update and upgrade for future expansion. "
Hope that helps your Questions.
Cheers, John W.
Nov 13, 2011, 05:28 PM
XAircraft Has Camera Stabilization for the total price of $329.00 USD.
It would be sweet if the NAZA could do this for $220.00.
If not maybe as an Upgrade??
If it Doesn't It won't be a deal breaker for me personally. I would be very happy with the way it works in DJI's First Video.
Very Nice!
-John W.
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Nov 13, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Nov 13, 2011, 05:37 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I couldn't imagine trying to fly FPV with camera stabilization. Has anyone tried it and is it even possible? Maybe with an OSD with artificial horizon it might just be possible
yes dennis tried but fail, think about it this way your driving a car through a 12" windows
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Nov 13, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Nov 13, 2011, 06:56 PM
Registered User
I don't think Naza will have camera Stabilization for the $220 price tag. Its more catered to the sport demographic.

Move up to the WKM if you need something for AP/AV.

That's my 2 cents.
Nov 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
thanks for your Input Robert.
-John W.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20298 Mar 20, 2017 03:26 AM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Drone Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 06:48 AM