Feb 07, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
Because of the (retarded) way vario altitude hold works, your machine better hover in manual mode at about half throttle, if its a lot lighter, when you hit that manual switch, it won't be pretty.
Alrighty. I won't use the FC on a light quad, so it shouldn't be a major problem. So the basic gist of it is that it'll either lose altitude or gain altitude depending on the weight. My Multiwii board works in the same way at the moment, as soon as I go from altitude hold to just stable mode it usually jumps a bit or sinks a little, hasn't been a problem since I know what happens when I flick the switch.

Still, it looks like some things need to change. I'm personally waiting for some kind of stable mode without the barometer for the Naza etc. That's one feature I want.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2012, 08:40 AM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!

Hand Full?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen
Oh its flying but you have to fly her every single split second. No holding anything. Headed back to Vegas for a lil R and R this week. And hopefully Tahoe or Lee can get with me and figure out the problem.She is more than a handfull to fly its to much like work at this point.
I have maidened my FlameWheel in my living room!...Hand Full?...I think Not!....JJ....
Feb 07, 2012, 08:46 AM
The "NEW" Approach ! :)
Just received my DJI NAZA the other day and had time today to put it all together. I must say it was Simpler than I thought it would be, everything was well packaged and easy to find. The whole build took about 20 minutes! I then say down to download the Software to my laptop... pretty straight forward and No suprises!! Then I hooked up the NAZA to my laptop and proceeded to follow the instruction...Well, I had to backup and download the Driver .. I really need to FOLLOW the instructions .. Well once that was finished I went back to the NAZA assistant and FOLLOWED the instructions .. About 5 minutes later I checked Motor Directions and bolted on the Props, Held on to the bottom of the Flame wheel and started to Motors, Checked controls for proper direction, Everything looked good so I took her out front and to my surprise it lifted effortlessly into the air. This has got to be the Simplest and easy to setup and fly quad that I have ever put together! The NAZA Camera mount is next! Aerial Tech Systems and X468 has them in stock so I will let everyone know how well this mount works and the Camera Mount Stabilization from the NAZA controller works once I get it ordered out…. This just keeps getting better and better! I sure am enjoying flying these quads .. Very Relaxing.
Feb 07, 2012, 09:02 AM
Just a yard bird
AV8CHUCK
Hate too see you joined the Naza blood club. But as I said two weeks ago after getting bit on the hand it was just a matter of time before someone took one to the face. My hand has about healed but I am sure yours will take sometime.Best wishes to healing fast. Oh be prepared to get flogged by some on here saying it was operator error to bad it wasnt one of them or there property but its just another matter of time.
Feb 07, 2012, 09:37 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Chuck and Freddie,
Heal fast Gents!
Please post your details and gruesome photos In this multicopter safety thread when you get a chance in order to help others remember that we must be extremely cautious around these flying Cuisinarts!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1144377&page=6
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 07, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Feb 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Chuck...that looks horrible. Hope you get better quickly. The DJI arming SUCKS and I've know I've been chastized for keeping on saying that. They should also have or have the ability to set a 'fade' over when switching modes in flight...for just the purpose as what happened to you. For twice the price of a MultiWii or CC board AND from a company that's supposed to have a good reputation, DJI is missing the boat on the Naza. IT NEEDS FIXES NOW!!!
1. ARMING
2. FLIGHT MODE CHANGE OVER
3. AMOUNT OF CONTROL REACTION OF BOTH MANUAL AND ATTI MODES
Feb 07, 2012, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
4. PPM input
5. Ability to disable stupid vario alt-hold and use a switch to 'lock' in altitude.
Feb 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Yeah, those are two good ones also. My $89 CC board does PPM...no problem!!!!
Feb 07, 2012, 10:11 AM
70 is the new 50
Chuck,

I'm really sorry to see that. I haven't been bitten by the NAZA board yet but I have a number of scars on both forearms and a missing finger due to prop strikes with other flying machines. Truly, I feel you pain and hope you recuperate in record time.

-bob
Feb 07, 2012, 10:20 AM
I know my opinions dont carry much gravity but.........
I happen to like the vario.A switch to hold altitude would be ok provided you could guarantee no height fluctuations (hilly field,loss of height during forward flght etc.) but you cant.
I think it is close to perfect already so there

Does anyone know if you can fly the Naza without the led/usb ,and rely on an esc to provide 5v,to save a little weight?
Feb 07, 2012, 10:35 AM

NAZA - ESC problem

I just bought a NAZA controller for my hexacopter but encounter a problem because the M1 and M2 motor is not running. I try to reshuffle all my six ESC but still the M1 and M2 motor is not running. I'm using a hobbywing pentium 40amps esc.

Hope to near from you GUYS soon.
Feb 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Your attitude is your alt
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari
I know my opinions dont carry much gravity but.........
I happen to like the vario.A switch to hold altitude would be ok provided you could guarantee no height fluctuations (hilly field,loss of height during forward flght etc.) but you cant.
I think it is close to perfect already so there

Does anyone know if you can fly the Naza without the led/usb ,and rely on an esc to provide 5v,to save a little weight?
You have to use the VU (versatile unit) as it is your BEC, no voltage from the ESC's as they are optic. You could use a 5 volt 4-cell NiMH pack to power the Naza but that would defeat the purpose of the VS and you would have no weight savings and actually a weight gain.

Gary
Last edited by Gary Morris; Feb 07, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Feb 07, 2012, 10:58 AM
Gary
Chuck: I pray you heal fast and applaud your bravery for posting. I sometimes tend to ignore that I really need to be careful and these things can be dangerous.
I try and implement a safety switch with all my Quads, because once while turning on the GoPro I hit the throttle with my chest and barely missed damage as it flew up. With the switch "on" the throttle is at negative 20.
I now turn on the GoPro before arming, and I also put my transmitter on the ground so I don't inadvertently hit something. Yesterday I got lazy and didn't put my TX down, before plugging in my old Gaui 330. I needed to be reminded to be careful and stick to my personal safety checklist.
Feb 07, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hope you recover quickly AV8CHUCK!

I am not an expert but here are some thoughts, please correct me if I am wrong.

In this situation I see some similarities with switching from normal flight to idle-up mode with collective-pitch helicopters. It is known that you should program your radio to have zero pitch at mid stick in both modes, so that there is no or limited jumping when flipping the idle-up switch on. The problem with Naza is that there is no way to match the rpms between the automatic altitude control mode and the manual mode at the moment of the mode switch.

So I do not see any benefit in changing the activation of altitude control in ATTI to a separate switch, how would that help in matching RPMs between the two flight modes?

In my (maybe naive) view what is needed is to restrict the window when altitude control kicks in, and allow it only at the hovering throttle position , which is when ATTI basically is not modifying the throttle stick input. In alternative, the flight mode swicth should be programmed to be inactive if the throttle stick is not in hovering position.

Sorry if this does not make sense, but if that's the case please explain why, thx.
Feb 07, 2012, 11:13 AM
Your attitude is your alt
Currently with the Naza system you have to use the CSC (combined stick command) as listed in the manual to start the motors. I do not think it's possible to accidently activate CSC and have the Quad jump up and hit you in the face. I've flown helicopters for seven years and I have always used throttle hold when arming my helicopters. It may be possible to program your radio system to act like a helicopter and use the throttle hold feature to prevent accidental start-ups. The CSC commands are simply a way to prevent and accidental start-up by hitting the throttle stick.
As others have mentioned the way it is now if you reduce throttle below 10% your motors will stop unless your using intelligent start-up. I have my Naza programed for intelligent mode whereby it will only stop motors after landing and being on the ground for 3 seconds. So far it's worked correctly for me and I do pay attention to arming/disarming my Naza Quad.

Gary

Quick Reply