Sep 03, 2013, 07:53 AM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
I don't know what a freestyle HD looks like but you can check goodluckbuy.com. They have a huge bushless gimbal selection.

This one is for point and shoot cameras ($70.49) and it incldes the motors:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/aluminum-...otography.html

Cheers:
Mark
These look great Mark. Has anyone used one? I am thinking about the Hero3 gimbal.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslack67
So, after flying quads for a few years now, capturing some great shots flying around, I thought it would be fun to put a little video together that was a bit "different".

This one isn't FPV flying from end to end, but was fun as hell to make today with my younger cousin and does have some cool aerial shots.

Cheers!

http://youtu.be/avMYwpai4J4
Great video Dave!
I recognized the area immediately from when you & I met up and flew there earlier this year.
Keep the great vids coming.
Bernd
Sep 03, 2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM
Great video Dave!
I recognized the area immediately from when you & I met up and flew there earlier this year.
Keep the great vids coming.
Bernd
Hey Bernd! Yes, exactly the same spot. Still such a good spot to fly with very few people ever there. I still laugh at the video of you and I flying that day and my crash when my prop snapped during a roll/flip. LOL.

Good times!

Cheers my friend.
Sep 03, 2013, 01:05 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
These look great Mark. Has anyone used one? I am thinking about the Hero3 gimbal.
Hey Tim

I haven't personally used any of these listed on GLB but I have heard on these forums they are mostly OK. Most will need some tinkering as the machine quality isn't always that great and in some cases the motors are "coggy". I now make all my own parts and bits and just buy the iPower motors (very smooth) but for those who want to get up and flying quickly, some of these pre-fab units are a great start.

Mark
Sep 03, 2013, 05:16 PM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Hey Tim

I haven't personally used any of these listed on GLB but I have heard on these forums they are mostly OK. Most will need some tinkering as the machine quality isn't always that great and in some cases the motors are "coggy". I now make all my own parts and bits and just buy the iPower motors (very smooth) but for those who want to get up and flying quickly, some of these pre-fab units are a great start.

Mark
Thanks for the update.
Sep 04, 2013, 10:32 AM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTague
Took a look at the Tarot 2D - as low as $160, and has everything I could ask for.

Thanks for the suggestion. Going to order one.
Sep 04, 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Took a look at the Tarot 2D - as low as $160, and has everything I could ask for.

I really like mine.

Here is a RCGroups thread on it. Lots of good (and bad) info on there.
Sep 05, 2013, 09:18 AM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
I really like mine.

Good to know. Thanks. Seems they are temporarily out of stock. Drat.

Edit - yahoo - just placed the order with infinity-hobby. Kind of excited - this puts the final piece in play.
Last edited by Tim Green; Sep 05, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Sep 05, 2013, 05:51 PM
AIMDROIX
Quote:

Banggood have the tarot 2d for $154 free shipping, just ordered mine with a hero 3 black
Sep 06, 2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimppilot@ph
That's why i contacted these guys since they were able to take flight information from the CAN bus of Naza. i guess it wouldn't be that hard in transforming the hardware into OSD.

http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-manual/
Thanks guys for all the feedback about Flytrex!

We've been reading all the feedback and processing things as part of our work on upcoming products.

Thanks!
Sep 09, 2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:

Edit - yahoo - just placed the order with infinity-hobby. Kind of excited - this puts the final piece in play.
Tim - I think you're going to love it. Here is my QAV400/Naza with Tarot gimbal from a few flights this weekend.

FPV - Architecture Series 02 (5 min 51 sec)

Quote:
I really like mine.

Ditto RDT. I still think it's one of the best values out there for the money.
Sep 09, 2013, 01:06 AM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Tim - I think you're going to love it. Here is my QAV400/Naza with Tarot gimbal from a few flights this weekend.

http://youtu.be/rq__Qpp8aH0
Hey ... Nice vid. Can't wait.
Sep 09, 2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
I really like mine.

Quote:

Quote:

There has been some RCG members who have had problems with the motors being "twitchy"...mainly the pitch motor. I, however, have had no such problem. Although, I, along with most other BLG users (not just Tarot BLG's) seem to have a "roll drift" issue. Where, the roll does not level completely during flight. There doesn't seem to be any method to it's madness, either. Sometimes it will be off level to the right a few degrees...other times to the left. I have seen other BLG's have the same "problem"...Zen's, included. The amount of drift is very little, and most times goes unnoticed...unless you're watching for it in the distance from the horizon edges to the top of your screen. I have been searching for someone to come up with the cure, but it seems most are just happy with the fluid movement, as compared to the old "jitter" servo gimbals.
Sep 09, 2013, 09:21 AM
Gravity Sucks!
Quote:

http://youtu.be/rq__Qpp8aH0

Ditto RDT. I still think it's one of the best values out there for the money.
Do you power your FPV equipment off your flight battery?
Sep 09, 2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarks
Do you power your FPV equipment off your flight battery?
Yes, a small 750mah 3S battery.

Quick Reply