Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 24, 2013, 02:09 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

OrangeRx


I went to their website/blog (?).
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/page/2/
Top of the page is a 9ch that lists all channel preset failsafe as a feature.
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/
Top of the page is a 6ch that says nothing about failsafe at all.
helifreak592: I'm afraid this is your receiver.
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/page/4/
Top of the page is a 7ch that lists all channel preset failsafe as a feature.
1ooo0aks: Any of these yours?

Dr. Kallend: You might be able to add these to your list...

And here's another one.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Failsafe.html
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Details
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2013, 02:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
i am Not in , St peters burg FLORIDA right now i am in my country Guyana South America ,
Thats a long ways from the sunshine skyway bridge...just sayin
Jan 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
I went to their website/blog (?).
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/page/2/
Top of the page is a 9ch that lists all channel preset failsafe as a feature.
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/
Top of the page is a 6ch that says nothing about failsafe at all.
helifreak592: I'm afraid this is your receiver.
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/page/4/
Top of the page is a 7ch that lists all channel preset failsafe as a feature.
1ooo0aks: Any of these yours?

Dr. Kallend: You might be able to add these to your list...
I'll test an orange 6 and an orange 7 channel tonight. I wouldn't use them on a MR myself as cost generally is related to reliability IMHO.
Latest blog entry: 390 Degree Geared Pan and Tilt
Jan 24, 2013, 02:35 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Sounds Good


Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
I'll test an orange 6 and an orange 7 channel tonight. I wouldn't use them on a MR myself as cost generally is related to reliability IMHO.
Dr. Kallend: Could you re-post your receiver list as it presently stands to bring it back from the past?
We might as well get some benefit ourselves from all this teaching and learning...
Jan 24, 2013, 02:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
I went to their website/blog (?).
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/page/2/
Top of the page is a 9ch that lists all channel preset failsafe as a feature.
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/
Top of the page is a 6ch that says nothing about failsafe at all.
helifreak592: I'm afraid this is your receiver.
http://orangerx.com/tag/air/page/4/
Top of the page is a 7ch that lists all channel preset failsafe as a feature.
1ooo0aks: Any of these yours?

Dr. Kallend: You might be able to add these to your list...
I own several of the OrangeRx and sorry I should have been more specific:
the old 6ch does not have fail-safe but the new (620) does as well as the 7ch (710) and the 9ch (910). Never had a problem with them and in my case the big risk is not the 12$ Rx but my thumbs on the sticks......
Jan 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
I tried the Orange 9 channel and I could never get it to work to my satisfaction. I gave it to a friend of mine. I am with mark_q, you get what you pay for.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Jan 24, 2013, 03:13 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

OrangeRx 620


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ooo0aks
I own several of the OrangeRx and sorry I should have been more specific:
the old 6ch does not have fail-safe but the new (620) does as well as the 7ch (710) and the 9ch (910). Never had a problem with them and in my case the big risk is not the 12$ Rx but my thumbs on the sticks......
I stuck a link for it up in my original post...
Jan 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

> $200 In The Air


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
I tried the Orange 9 channel and I could never get it to work to my satisfaction. I gave it to a friend of mine. I am with mark_q, you get what you pay for.
When my airframes crossed this threshold, I went to name brand equipment.
Now it's Spektrum/JR all the way...
Jan 24, 2013, 03:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Well, I'm not an expert but it looks to me that your NAZA is not seeing your GPS for some reason. Are you absolutely positive that the GPS cable is correctly plugged in? Can you highlight "GPS" on your ASSISTANT calibration page?
I have been trying for 2 days to solve this not changed anything except I applied power to Naze first and then TX and now I can set IOC properly !
Tim
Jan 24, 2013, 03:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
When my airframes crossed this threshold, I went to name brand equipment.
Now it's Spektrum/JR all the way...
I'll see your spectrum and raise you one Flysky th9x..lol
Jan 24, 2013, 04:12 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

At Least It Worked...


Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
I have been trying for 2 days to solve this not changed anything except I applied power to Naze first and then TX and now I can set IOC properly !
Tim
Now if you go through the proper sequence of Trans first, then Naza (& Rec), and then connect to the Assistant, you see all the GPS and IOC stuff with nothing grayed out?
Or do you still have to do Naza (& Rec) first, then Trans to get into IOC?
Jan 24, 2013, 04:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
Now if you go through the proper sequence of Trans first, then Naza (& Rec), and then connect to the Assistant, you see all the GPS and IOC stuff with nothing grayed out?
Or do you still have to do Naza (& Rec) first, then Trans to get into IOC?
Second option worked.
Hey had it off ground but managed to wack prop on tree, tree 1 me 0.
Now to figure out gains and stuff.
When I lifted off it was drifting quite a bit in one direction.
Tim
Jan 24, 2013, 05:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
Second option worked.
Hey had it off ground but managed to wack prop on tree, tree 1 me 0.
Now to figure out gains and stuff.
When I lifted off it was drifting quite a bit in one direction.
Tim
did you have it in manual mode or atti or gps-atti? Either way..manual is gonna be a learning experience. In GPS-atti you will be dealing with gains until you talk gains in your sleep but it is soooo worth it!
Jan 24, 2013, 05:15 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
kallend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
Dr. Kallend: Could you re-post your receiver list as it presently stands to bring it back from the past?
We might as well get some benefit ourselves from all this teaching and learning...

I put it on my blog page and will update it as I get time and information.
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Jan 24, 2013, 05:44 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Roger!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
I put it on my blog page and will update it as I get time and information.
Thanks!
I'll know where to send someone now...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20299 Apr 12, 2017 06:23 PM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Drone Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 06:48 AM