DJI Naza FC - First Page Has Links and Tips - Page 1177 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
I'm afraid if you start yet another thread, no one will bother to post on it.
You're better off searching (and posting) here for help.
I put "DX7 setup" into the search blank and turned up lots of information.
There might not be a "How To" that tells you everything, but you can piece together what you need from several posts...
To be successful here, you need to learn to use the search function.

FWIW, mauromassari uses an DX7 I believe.
PM him if you have specific questions.
He's a fellow helper here.

Do your share of the work now, we won't spoon feed you...
i thought this tread is about helping people and not embarrassing people , i ask for help , if nobody can well don't help , they is no where on the net about
Spectrum DX7S and naza wiring Using A orange receiver and as i said i am new ,
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2013, 12:30 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Orange Receiver


Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
i thought this tread is about helping people and not embarrassing people , i ask for help , if nobody can well don't help , they is no where on the net about
Spectrum DX7S and naza wiring Using A orange receiver and as i said i am new ,
No one is trying to embarrass you.
I was only explaining that you need to search and learn.
I can't learn for you, but I will search...
1. The Orange Receiver is a Spektrum knock-off.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Sat_Port_.html
So treat it like a Spektrum 6 channel and follow the Naza Manual for channel assignments.
2. Once you get the Naza and the Orange Receiver (and your airframe) setup, follow this video.
DJI Naza Assistant Set Up on DX7 and F450 (12 min 19 sec)


The searching I did took less than 2 minutes.
If that doesn't embarrass you, well.....
Jan 24, 2013, 12:31 PM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
i thought this tread is about helping people and not embarrassing people , i ask for help , if nobody can well don't help , they is no where on the net about
Spectrum DX7S and naza wiring Using A orange receiver and as i said i am new ,
He wasn't trying to embarrass you, just helping you to help yourself. You aren't the first person that has been new, not the first person that has asked about the DX7, and not the first person to use a orange RX. That means most of the topics have been covered before (most a few dozen times) and the search function is MUCH faster than typing out a long question then waiting for us to respond. What I like it when you are looking for the answer you will find other fun stuff you didnt know about buried in the forums.

---------------

I did exactly like TJ suggested... forum searched "DX7 Naza Setup" and this was second result

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...p#post22969819
Jan 24, 2013, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
No one is trying to embarrass you.
I was only explaining that you need to search and learn.
I can't learn for you, but I will search...
1. The Orange Receiver is a Spektrum knock-off.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Sat_Port_.html
So treat it like a Spektrum 6 channel and follow the Naza Manual for channel assignments.
2. Once you get the Naza and the Orange Receiver (and your airframe) setup, follow this video.
http://vimeo.com/44257191


The searching I did took less than 2 minutes.
If that doesn't embarrass you, well.....
i have that video already and some others that i have found on YOUTUBE

That is for a dx7 and not for the dx7s it has a big different and i was looking for a starting point NAZA and not NAZA with GPS
Last edited by helifreak592; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
Jan 24, 2013, 12:40 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Search!


Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
That is for a dx7 and not for the dx7s it has a big different and i was looking for a starting point NAZA and not NAZA with GPS
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DX7+vs+DX7S
There are probably some differences/improvements, but this search and your DX7s manual will settle them.
You need to know all about your transmitter.
If you have not read its manual, now's the time.
The Naza Manual explains setup w/o GPS.
Please read...
If you'll stop complaining and study, you'll learn that you can just skip the GPS parts...
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
Jan 24, 2013, 12:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DX7+vs+DX7S
There are probably some differences/improvements, but this search and your DX7s manual will settle them.
You need to know all about your transmitter.
If you have not read its manual, now's the time.
The Naza Manual explains setup w/o GPS.
Please read...
If you'll stop complaining and study, you'll learn that you can just skip the GPS parts...


I already did that but it does not Have too much about Spectrum receiver
Jan 24, 2013, 12:58 PM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
I already did that but it does not Have too much about Spectrum receiver
What exactly do you need to know about the receiver? Channel assignments will be exactly the same as the DX7 (like in the video). Now how you program them might be slightly different (more like the DX8 from what I understand) but it will get you all of the channel assignments.

From there just wire the channels on the RX to the corresponding spots on Naza per the Naza manual.
Jan 24, 2013, 01:01 PM
Suspended Account
Carefull now! you dont want to upset MCrites !
Jan 24, 2013, 01:03 PM
I never finish anyth
I don't get upset, just hunting for clear specific questions versus "I need a step-by-step of how to setup everything so I don't have to learn this new stuff".
Jan 24, 2013, 01:09 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

RC Receivers


Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
I already did that but it does not Have too much about Spectrum receiver
You can probably look at the Spektrum Information sheet for a 6ch receiver.
It won't say much because there's not much to tell.
A receiver is not very complex compared to the transmitter.
The "brains" of the organism rest in the transmitter.
Just pay attention to the channel/plug assignments on the receiver label.
The Orange 6Ch Receiver probably does not have a preset failsafe feature because none of the Spektrum 6ch receivers do (kallend & dedfish, correct me here if I'm wrong).
You will be fine with a 6ch receiver and no GPS.
To enjoy all of the Naza + GPS features, you need 7ch and preset failsafe.
Preset failsafe allows the Naza to go into failsafe mode when trans/rec communication is lost.

Invest some time and study up!
Good luck.
Jan 24, 2013, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
What exactly do you need to know about the receiver? Channel assignments will be exactly the same as the DX7 (like in the video). Now how you program them might be slightly different (more like the DX8 from what I understand) but it will get you all of the channel assignments.

From there just wire the channels on the RX to the corresponding spots on Naza per the Naza manual.
New here also and DX7 AR600 setup.
I have all set up except IOC. On my screen the IOC is grayed out and I can not change. I would like to use X2 inpit connected to 2 position gear switch. Also I see X2 change in TX calibration screen but not for IOC screen. In auto pilot all the gains are set to INH not X2 so I do not see reason for X2 not working for IOC.
Tim
Jan 24, 2013, 01:11 PM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
New here also and DX7 AR600 setup.
I have all set up except IOC. On my screen the IOC is grayed out and I can not change. I would like to use X2 inpit connected to 2 position gear switch. Also I see X2 change in TX calibration screen but not for IOC screen. In auto pilot all the gains are set to INH not X2 so I do not see reason for X2 not working for IOC.
Tim
Do you have GPS and is it plugged into the Naza? Can you put the flight mode in GPS?
Jan 24, 2013, 01:18 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Autopilot Screen


Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
New here also and DX7 AR600 setup.
I have all set up except IOC. On my screen the IOC is grayed out and I can not change. I would like to use X2 inpit connected to 2 position gear switch. Also I see X2 change in TX calibration screen but not for IOC screen. In auto pilot all the gains are set to INH not X2 so I do not see reason for X2 not working for IOC.
Tim
In Naza Assistant, are you saying that on the Autopilot screen, IOC is grayed out?
Have you connected the GPS?
Have you chosen an Enhanced Failsafe Method?
I think you need to do these things for the IOC to become selectable...
Jan 24, 2013, 01:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
Carefull now! you dont want to upset MCrites
!
I 'm not trying to upset nobody , i am new , just trying to get some help , every body have to start some where , nobody does learn by them self in this world ,
Jan 24, 2013, 01:25 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Learn


Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592
I 'm not trying to upset nobody , i am new , just trying to get some help , every body have to start some where , nobody does learn by them self in this world ,
No one is upset.
We'd quit answering your posts if that was the case.

Actually, learning happens when you accept teaching.
And many things are self-taught.
Many of us accept our own teaching best.
Learning is something you do.
Someone else can't learn for you.
We are busting our butts teaching.
Help us help you...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20305 Nov 18, 2017 12:48 AM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Drone Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 09:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 12:43 PM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 11:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 07:48 AM