Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 12, 2013, 12:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHead4u
NO CALIBRATION needed for DJI ESC. Hence why you didn't see any info for doing so..

They are already setup for the Naza. That's only if you switch to different ESC (SimonK).
Sorry about bringing more confusion. You can skip the calibration. The next step should be checking if stick movements do what they supposed to do. You do not necessarily need to fly, but check if moving the aileron stick to right tilts the hex to the right and so on. Use manual mode for that. Watch the blades!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 12:33 AM
Having fun again!!
MTHead4u's Avatar
Update to my Naza #3.

Issues were:
IMU locked at Y = -16.0
Motors will not run after CSC in ATTi/GPS
GPS will not calibrate in vertical position

No issues at all with the replacement Naza (#4).

Not 100% sure what about #3 was bad to cause all those issues. It connected and programmed fine.

All I got to say is the distributors that sell them REALLY stand behind them!!

Time for the Dome and some Props!!
Jan 12, 2013, 12:48 AM
Registered User
Ok so a question pertaining to props.. Mine came with 8 and 10 inch props. What is the better of the two for nice controlled stable flight on a F550?

Which one will give longer flights and such
Jan 12, 2013, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ooo0aks
Sorry about bringing more confusion. You can skip the calibration. The next step should be checking if stick movements do what they supposed to do. You do not necessarily need to fly, but check if moving the aileron stick to right tilts the hex to the right and so on. Use manual mode for that. Watch the blades!
So far it does all the correctly..its still the lazy throttle and the runaway hex that are driving me bonkers.

I am wondering if there is a calibration I am missing on the gyros or any other sensor.
Jan 12, 2013, 01:09 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian
Exactly!

I have 6 of them but his definition of cheap probably doesn't match what it would take for them to depart my possession
Well cheaper than retail lol. Also are they new or used?
Jan 12, 2013, 01:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused
So far it does all the correctly..its still the lazy throttle and the runaway hex that are driving me bonkers.

I am wondering if there is a calibration I am missing on the gyros or any other sensor.
Again: which mode, atti or manual? In atti, throttle in the middle means 'keep height', more stick means higher less stick go lower. Depending on the atti gain it could be sluggish, but not in manual. Post a screenshot of the autopilot screen.
Jan 12, 2013, 01:40 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused
Ok so a question pertaining to props.. Mine came with 8 and 10 inch props. What is the better of the two for nice controlled stable flight on a F550?

Which one will give longer flights and such
use the 8 inch props if you're running 4s, 10 inch if you're running 3s. FYI, the 8 inch DJI props tend to explode, the 10 inch props are solid, even if unbalanced somewhat

edit: on the 10" props you should get 11 minute hover on a 5000 3s battery
Jan 12, 2013, 01:46 AM
Registered User
I need to add the props to see what it does. everything seems to be ticking along nicely
Jan 12, 2013, 01:59 AM
Registered User
How about a picture of the hex? How is the Naza mounted and where?
Jan 12, 2013, 02:07 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Olivier_C's Avatar
Are the X1/X2 gain channels in use ?
If plugged and not properlly setup, maybe there's an extreme gain setting messing things ?
Some good photos of the machine may indeed help.
Jan 12, 2013, 02:14 AM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused
I need to add the props to see what it does. everything seems to be ticking along nicely
Looking good!
Btw, are you flying Accro or heli?
Latest blog entry: 390 Degree Geared Pan and Tilt
Jan 12, 2013, 02:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C
Are the X1/X2 gain channels in use ?
If plugged and not properly setup, maybe there's an extreme gain setting messing things ?
Some good photos of the machine may indeed help.
The plugs are in but not in use. Since they are a pain to reach I set them in but wont need them until the GPS is used.
Jan 12, 2013, 02:29 AM
Registered User
some photos of the beast
yes that is a little bit of dust. It's cleaned out now but I live in the country and to get to my house includes turning onto the dirt road..lol
Jan 12, 2013, 02:32 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Looking good!
Btw, are you flying Accro or heli?
I am on Accro (plane) mode.
Jan 12, 2013, 02:46 AM
Registered User
Just took it out and ran it again to check some settings. it is still "bunny Hopping" on atti and drifting all over the place. Going to bed.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20299 Apr 12, 2017 06:23 PM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Drone Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 06:48 AM