Jan 08, 2013, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
[xxx
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 08, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2013, 05:27 PM
70 is the new 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967
I think this really sums it up for some of our posters in response to RTFM. Not everyone totally understands it for one reason or another hence the posting of questions on the forums. Some people really aren't good reading technical (even basic) things yet are great hands on learners. Sometimes threads get way to long and the search function is really limited. I've only been flying multi rotors for a few years and am not a really technical person. I did however help put together a manual online with another person to help new people setup and fly a particular Quad that was being sold a couple years ago. We did this on our own to help others when the seller didn't respond often for help. Then came the talk of Naza and I was in touch with them weekly (china) not US dealers. Finally I backed off from posting for my own reasons.
What I'm getting at is that I too read the manual in the beginning and some of the stuff didn't gel in my brain. I'm just your common working non college person trying to enjoy a hobby. Financially I can't afford to experiment with too systems but I will jump in an try what I can and share. I go against the rules a lot (how you should build etc.) but geesh sometimes it just works. So again there are many in this hobby that aren't technically orientated. They may need a little help. How many want to post they RTFM but can't understand it?? That shouldn't mean they can't have a quad/hexa etc. I think you guys are great for helping on here. We're dealing with a whole lot of different people with different abilities. It doesn't mean they're lazy or stupid.
No disagreements from me. Regardless of how experienced one may be or how educated, it's always good to ask a question if you don't understand what the manual, or what some other "experts" are talking about. Along those line, if I had a dime for every post or statement from a self proclaimed expert that was incorrect I could've retired a lot earlier. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone in this forum.

I've got a bunch of school behind me and many years of experience in my field, but that doesn't make me any kind of an expert in any sense. The manuals are written poorly, and the search engines to find info within the forum postings are lame, at best. If I ever ask a question on any forum it's only because I can't find a reasonable answer, and I'm not always willing to test a very expensive piece of equipment without being firmly convinced I know exactly what's going on.

-bob
Jan 08, 2013, 05:42 PM
Disclaimer: My panties are not at all in a bunch while writing this post!

I really don't think anyone here thinks they are an expert. They are just experienced people who are passionate about this hobby and want to help.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:36 PM
Empire Support

Blessing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
WOW! WE HAVE TJs BLESSING!
Sorry, but I didn't give you my blessing.
I said that I was going to quit judging you.
I really meant that I'm through preaching to you FPV pilots.
The FAA has you in their sights.
If your hijinks curtail my LOS flying in any way, you'll never hear the end of me then...
Jan 08, 2013, 06:49 PM

topic

Just had to check the topic of this thread....
I thought I slipped into some philosophy class thread somehow....
Jan 08, 2013, 06:57 PM
Empire Support

I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish
Disclaimer: My panties are not at all in a bunch while writing this post!

I really don't think anyone here thinks they are an expert. They are just experienced people who are passionate about this hobby and want to help.
I don't profess to be an expert or an authority.
I don't wear panties.
I do correct my erroneous posts if I learn that they are.
I don't get my feelings hurt easily, and I keep coming back for more.
That being said...
Other than the not perfect, but still the best we have, Naza Manual, our "speculations" and the testing of them is all we have.
We've aired out how DJI is not very forthcoming with answers.
Since we all really enjoy using a Naza FC, we're making do.
I think these latest conversations have reminded everyone that what they choose to do with their Naza FC is up to them.
They have to accept the ramifications of trying something that is only an "accepted speculation".
Or they can fly their Naza craft with less than desired flight characteristics.
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 08, 2013 at 07:02 PM.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:59 PM
Empire Support

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ooo0aks
Just had to check the topic of this thread....
I thought I slipped into some philosophy class thread somehow....
We get off on tangents every now and then.
There are legitimate reasons why.
Stay awhile, and you'll see.

Oh, and by the way, if you have a question, we'll try to shut up and answer it...
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 08, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
Jan 08, 2013, 07:05 PM
Waiting for my Medication
Lurking is safe though. LOL As a QM on a carrier (just when they stopped using sails) I use to get off tangent when doing the course sometimes too.
Jan 08, 2013, 08:14 PM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!
+1 tj....jj!
Last edited by JJtr1954; Jan 08, 2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: 'Cause I CAN!
Jan 08, 2013, 08:20 PM
RCHN #150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstuff
Adding coloured LED strips (say red port/ green starbord) to the arms will still only help orientation when the copter is fairly close, even the bright LED's are soon lost from sight. I find the best solution is to have a couple of high power LED white 'headlights' (the type on heatsinks) run from a current limited source ideally. These can be seen from a very long distance when the craft is rotated, to determine the front (or back if desired).

Best way is to use, and get used to using the Course Lock and Home Lock Naza functions.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/1w-high-powe...ith-pcb-511367
Mine are on my gear channel so that I can turn them on and off.

Rick
Jan 08, 2013, 08:23 PM
RCHN #150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Yeah I pushed it a bit this weekend. New personal goal of one mile FPV.
Where?

You know, you are putting us all at risk. The AMA negotiated with the FAA to allow us to fly provided we follow community guidelines. If you are over the ocean, we don't care. If you are over populated areas, it is a recipe for someone to get hurt. My two cents.

Enjoy.

Rick
Jan 08, 2013, 09:18 PM
Empire Support

Academia

I don't know whether you other posters check bios like I do.
I kind of like to know to whom I am speaking.
I'm not going to name names, and you guys will have to search on your own, but we presently have two active posters who teach on the college level.
I have fond memories of the RC pilot professors in the Mechanical Engineering Department when I attended college.
They helped keep my interest in this hobby alive.
The hobby really helped strengthen the instructor/student relationship as well.
Welcome aboard guys!
I hope you're an indication that we're attracting a better grade of multirotor pilot.
Maybe some of your smarts will rub off on GW and me...
Jan 09, 2013, 01:01 AM
Done it all
T. J. Gilbert,

Get real, bios checks. You don't have a clue as to who, and what the actual intelligence level is of any person is that is posting here.

In addition, you can take some of those RC experienced professors and add their brains together and they still won't equal the electronic intelligence of most of the kids posting in the multirotor forums.

The truth of the matter is: people that have nothing in their bios are the smart ones. Just like the worst dressers are the people with the most money. This is not the place to post a list of lifetime achievements. If it was, the crude guy nicnamed Scalefan would blow you away. So would Mike Freas, the guy you lectured in a post above.
Jan 09, 2013, 01:10 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Yeah I pushed it a bit this weekend. New personal goal of one mile FPV.
congrats! i always get wobbly knees when i push a new distance record
Jan 09, 2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Here is another "speculation" .

A. Use your controls to hold it where you want it for a couple of minutes and see if it "learns" to stay there.
WHAT?!.... you mean you are supposed to actually FLY these things.....now hold on just a minute

Quick Reply