DJI Naza FC - First Page Has Links and Tips - Page 1083 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2012, 01:26 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Gains


From Kallend: "Is there a DEFINITIVE description of what the basic gains do? Do they have a different effect in the different control modes (I have done all my flying in Atti mode with the exception of twice testing the "fail safe" to see if it worked as advertized - it does!)."
I wouldn't propose to call TahoeEd's posts (and my posts) on gains DEFINITIVE.
But I would say they are accurate, and others have agreed that they helped.
Look through my blog for some of it...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 02:13 PM
Registered User
Bill Glover's Avatar
... or in the Naza manual, or at the article on the DJI website

On the quad I first put the Naza in I never touched any of the gains. It flew perfectly with the defaults.

My F550 hex flew OK with the defaults, but two changes of prop (with everything else staying the same) have each required major changes .. the first to wind the basic gains up to 320 (yaw up to 300), and the second to put them down to 175! So prop rpm (and probably prop weight) is a significant factor.
Dec 06, 2012, 02:26 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
Cervanchez's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
... or in the Naza manual, or at the article on the DJI website

On the quad I first put the Naza in I never touched any of the gains. It flew perfectly with the defaults.

My F550 hex flew OK with the defaults, but two changes of prop (with everything else staying the same) have each required major changes .. the first to wind the basic gains up to 320 (yaw up to 300), and the second to put them down to 175! So prop rpm (and probably prop weight) is a significant factor.
Naza manual contradicts itself and does not give DEFINITIVE explanation. Do you have a link to this article you speak of?

Edit: nevermind, found it and it contradicts itself as well
Dec 06, 2012, 11:07 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
kallend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
... or in the Naza manual, or at the article on the DJI website

.
Naza manual may just possibly be the worst written technical manual I have ever come across. Which no doubt explains the plethora of posts on various forums and videos posted on VIMEO that attempt to explain it. I'm sure there are some good English speaking technical writers looking for work who could help them fix it up.
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Dec 06, 2012, 11:24 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
kallend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
From Kallend: "Is there a DEFINITIVE description of what the basic gains do? Do they have a different effect in the different control modes (I have done all my flying in Atti mode with the exception of twice testing the "fail safe" to see if it worked as advertized - it does!)."
I wouldn't propose to call TahoeEd's posts (and my posts) on gains DEFINITIVE.
But I would say they are accurate, and others have agreed that they helped.
Look through my blog for some of it...
TJ G thanks for the reference. I found your blog to be informative and easier to reference than thousands of posts in some threads.
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Dec 07, 2012, 12:23 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez
Naza manual contradicts itself and does not give DEFINITIVE explanation. Do you have a link to this article you speak of?

Edit: nevermind, found it and it contradicts itself as well
Where please? I'm traveling in s l o w hotels and don't have the speed to do any kind of random surfing. I've been looking for the same definitive points as well. I simply don't have time to fly-fix-fly-charge-fix-fly-charge-goto top..
Dec 07, 2012, 01:27 AM
Registered User
dc9guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
TJ G thanks for the reference. I found your blog to be informative and easier to reference than thousands of posts in some threads.
Share Please
Dec 07, 2012, 04:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc9guy
Share Please
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=252372
Dec 07, 2012, 08:22 AM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
TJ G thanks for the reference. I found your blog to be informative and easier to reference than thousands of posts in some threads.
It's got some garbage on it that's mostly opinionated stuff that's out of place on these threads.
The items that I or another poster have written that I feel are worth saving are there as well.
I appreciate your compliments, and will continue to try to keep the lights burning at my little outpost in the Naza storm...
BTW, thanks guys for telling others how to access my blog.
If you click on my user name or avatar, it takes you there straight away...
Dec 07, 2012, 08:41 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
It's got some garbage on it that's mostly opinionated stuff that's out of place on these threads.
The items that I or another poster have written that I feel are worth saving are there as well.
I appreciate your compliments, and will continue to try to keep the lights burning at my little outpost in the Naza storm...
BTW, thanks guys for telling others how to access my blog.
If you click on my user name or avatar, it takes you there straight away...
T J has a blog? LOL!
Dec 07, 2012, 08:51 AM
Registered User
u2builder's Avatar
Here's a question. The Naza is good down to 10C if I remember correctly. Do you think Graupner props would be suitable for cold weather flying, or are they likely to get to "brittle"? Anyone flown in cold weather with them?
Dec 07, 2012, 08:58 AM
DJI Support - 107 Certified
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
TJ I just added a link to your blog on the first page of this huge thread. Thank you for all your work in helping the newest users find information in this thread.
Dec 07, 2012, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Bill Glover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Naza manual may just possibly be the worst written technical manual I have ever come across. Which no doubt explains the plethora of posts on various forums and videos posted on VIMEO that attempt to explain it.
No the vast majority of such posts are from people who haven't looked at the manual.
Dec 07, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
Bill Glover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Here's a question. The Naza is good down to 10C if I remember correctly.
It's -10C !
Dec 07, 2012, 09:17 AM
I never finish anyth
My new favorite picture....



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20305 Nov 18, 2017 12:48 AM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Drone Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 09:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 12:43 PM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 11:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 07:48 AM