Thread Tools
Nov 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
Registered User
pajonate's Avatar
Hypto,
when you calibrate the stick travel through the Assistant, be sure to check if the stick movement moves the sliders in right directions.
It is easy for the yaw (rudder) and roll (aileron). Left movement of the stick moves the slider to left, and right stick moves slider to right. pushing the throttle/elevator forward pushes the slider to right, pushing throttle/elevator back (towards yourself) moves the slider to left.
If any of those are not set up right, you need to revert them with the switches next to each command.
I was troubleshooting a F450 for a friend who told me he calibrated everything on his quad through the Assistant, and I believed he did all the thing (it was his first time doing so).
I tried my usual power combo, down throttle/elevator and left rudder/aileron. No response, just two orange lights when I apply the command (sound similar?). The I tried down throttle/elevator right rudder/aileron, and the quad powered fine.
So, in short, I had to revert the elevator I think, or some of the other controls, and everything went fine from there on.

Try checking your stick movement.
Pajo
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2012, 09:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate
Hypto,
when you calibrate the stick travel through the Assistant, be sure to check if the stick movement moves the sliders in right directions.
It is easy for the yaw (rudder) and roll (aileron). Left movement of the stick moves the slider to left, and right stick moves slider to right. pushing the throttle/elevator forward pushes the slider to right, pushing throttle/elevator back (towards yourself) moves the slider to left.
If any of those are not set up right, you need to revert them with the switches next to each command.
I was troubleshooting a F450 for a friend who told me he calibrated everything on his quad through the Assistant, and I believed he did all the thing (it was his first time doing so).
I tried my usual power combo, down throttle/elevator and left rudder/aileron. No response, just two orange lights when I apply the command (sound similar?). The I tried down throttle/elevator right rudder/aileron, and the quad powered fine.
So, in short, I had to revert the elevator I think, or some of the other controls, and everything went fine from there on.

Try checking your stick movement.
Pajo
I have all the sticks and sliders matched up.

But...

There was a bit of weirdness. Channel one is supposed to be hooked up to "A" for Aileron right but in the Assistant it moved the rudder instead. Vice - versa for the rudder. So I switched them in the mixer section on the TX. I'm wondering if this is part of the problem.
Nov 11, 2012, 09:55 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
That would be a definite issue. Make the move and then recalibrate and see it that works for you.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Nov 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
That would be a definite issue. Make the move and then recalibrate and see it that works for you.
Here's the thing; the outs of the RX are hooked up to the correct inputs on the MC. I'm going to take a closer look at my TX settings.
Nov 11, 2012, 11:27 PM
Registered User
pajonate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyptomenos
I have all the sticks and sliders matched up.

But...

There was a bit of weirdness. Channel one is supposed to be hooked up to "A" for Aileron right but in the Assistant it moved the rudder instead. Vice - versa for the rudder.
Haha, quite contradictory statements. If you had the sticks and sliders matched up, how the aileron was moving the rudder slider, and vice versa?
Anyhow, good luck, and I hope that was the reason for your problem.

PS. Try to make a new model on your Tx, clean and with default settings.

Take care.
Nov 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
Registered User
rcroadtrain's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate
Haha, quite contradictory statements. If you had the sticks and sliders matched up, how the aileron was moving the rudder slider, and vice versa?
Anyhow, good luck, and I hope that was the reason for your problem.

Take care.
it would account for why the double blinks, and no motor start...
Nov 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
I need help please. I just put my naza on a freshly built y6 . I'm having a problem. When I start my motors only my right arm top and bottom, back bottom, and left bottom start. Then if I give it like a 1/3 throttle my left upper and back upper will start to spin. I'm using simonk flashed escs can anyone help or know what's going on?
Nov 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
I need help please. I just put my naza on a freshly built y6 . I'm having a problem. When I start my motors only my right arm top and bottom, back bottom, and left bottom start. Then if I give it like a 1/3 throttle my left upper and back upper will start to spin. I'm using simonk flashed escs can anyone help or know what's going on?
Calibrate your endpoints/throttle. You can also try the higher RPM startup in the assistant.
Nov 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
Calibrate your endpoints/throttle. You can also try the higher RPM startup in the assistant.
How do I calibrate my end points on my throttle?
Nov 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
Registered User

problem


Hello,
I have very special problem with Naza too.
When I put Naza to my small X-copter ( E-max CF 2822, turnigy plush 12A) itīs working great.
If I put it to my greater X-copter ( DT750, turnigy plush 18A), I have big problems with motor response. Sometime I have 50% on stick, but engine speed is 25%, next time engine speed rise to 75% and I have 50% on stick too.
Sometime I have full throttle, but engines speed is 40%.
Copter do what he wants.
I dont understand it.
Have someone some advice that will help me?
Thank you
Nov 12, 2012, 03:12 PM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
How do I calibrate my end points on my throttle?
http://bit.ly/QC2naB
Nov 12, 2012, 03:39 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Ok I calibrated the 2 escs that arnt starting with the rest and still no change. I'm using skull copter Simon k flashed escs. Anyone know? I have to move my throttle to almost 1/2 before the 2 escs will start to spin to catch up with the others.
Nov 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
I never finish anyth
Did you change the idle speed to High in the assistant?
Nov 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
Did you change the idle speed to High in the assistant?
+2 That is what I had to do.
Nov 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Hi all..!

First flight .. first take-off... first time NAZA...
Stock Gain

DiaLFonZo-Copter - FPV SpyderQuad - First flight - NAZA (2 min 31 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20299 Apr 12, 2017 06:23 PM
New Product MultiWiiCopter "MiniWii" FC - Cheap, small 6DOF FC JussiH Multirotor Drone Talk 707 Jan 01, 2013 08:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM
New Product United Hobbies FC 28-05 & FC 28-22 brushless outrunners $5.95 ea. JawaSnack Hot Online Deals 9 Jul 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Futaba FC-18 teacher to FC-16 pupil problem . jmquetin Radios 5 Nov 02, 2004 06:48 AM