Oct 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Glad I could help now go out and fly.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2012, 09:59 PM
which can cause jumps in the function of naza automatic landing?
Oct 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
Couple of posts before, there was a question about the type of bearings the stock DJI motors are using.
Naturecannon (rcgroups user) have sent me this info about them:
http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayprod...2&cat=Bearings

ABEC5 3x8x4 mm bearings (2x)
sku: S693ZZ

If anyone needs replacing, of course.
Oct 24, 2012, 11:47 PM

14 miutes in the air with single battery and total weight of 1480grams

14 min single battery flight video
Apologies for the scary face at the beginning of the video,
F450 w Naza 14 min Flight with 5000mAh 30-40C 3S battery (15 min 42 sec)

Just tried how long I can get with my F450 fully loaded on 1 battery charge.

My setup in the air:
F450 from uavproducts.com
Stock DJI motors
Stock 10" props
Naza w/out GPS
FPV 5.8 Ghz 100 or 200mV Vtx
Cloverleaf antenna on Vtx
GoPro HD1
Cyclops Easy OSD with GPS module
Turnigy 3s 30-40C 5000mAh battery
GenAce 3s 450mAh Vtx/OSD battery
Landing gear made of arrow shaft (7.5" high)

Total weight in air - 1480 grams
Motors temperature after 14 mins of flight - 90F

On the ground:
FPV 5.8Ghz Vrx
Eagle tree Diversity
Przim 7" LCD with build in battery
VuPoint recorder, who for some reason betrayed me. I think I pressed the record, and instantly stopped it, so I have no recording from it at all.
Oct 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate
Couple of posts before, there was a question about the type of bearings the stock DJI motors are using.
Naturecannon (rcgroups user) have sent me this info about them:
http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayprod...2&cat=Bearings

ABEC5 3x8x4 mm bearings (2x)
sku: S693ZZ

If anyone needs replacing, of course.
Nice info
Another good source for bearings is RCBearings.com. They have many sizes, styles and quality grades and their prices are good. If they don't have it, they will get it for you.
Oct 25, 2012, 07:23 AM
Empire Support

More Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by josjr
which can cause jumps in the function of naza automatic landing?
I'm sorry, but your question might sit unanswered for some time if you don't give us just a little more information.

With what little you've given us to go on, I'll guess that it's the spongy ground your trying to land on...

Seriously, we'll try to help you if you'll just help us a bit...
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Oct 25, 2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Softened up my sarcasim
Oct 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
ok now that I have my F450 setup with Naza and GPS ...any suggestions/tips on how to fly it with my FPV predator goggles ? Should I first train on a 7 inch monitor or should I start straight with the goggles ?
Oct 25, 2012, 08:27 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick~K
goldsworthy or Anyone, I wanted to get your take on this? Anyway to get more thrust in Atti mode? My 550 is fine in Atti but not the QAV500... its fine in Manual Mode.
This guy must be desprate for answers! he is even asking for my help is this the end of the world or what?
Oct 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
Ikaruswannab
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
this guy must be desprate for answers! He is even asking for my help is this the end of the world or what?
...:d
Oct 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwisper
ok now that I have my F450 setup with Naza and GPS ...any suggestions/tips on how to fly it with my FPV predator goggles ? Should I first train on a 7 inch monitor or should I start straight with the goggles ?
It's personal preference so it will be what you think will be best. I started with goggles and have never used an LCD but have talked to people who can't use goggles at all.
Quote:
This guy must be desprate for answers! he is even asking for my help is this the end of the world or what?
Tell him to buy a cargo ship full of ATTI Mode because his must be broke
Oct 25, 2012, 08:50 AM
Empire Support

Give Yourself Some Credit

Quote:
You DO know some things about multirotors.
If nothing else, you've been rubbing elbows with all of us long enough for something to have rubbed off.
I hope that something doesn't stink too badly...
Oct 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
I'm sorry, but your question might sit unanswered for some time if you don't give us just a little more information.

With what little you've given us to go on, I'll guess that it's the spongy ground your trying to land on...

Seriously, we'll try to help you if you'll just help us a bit...
From what I've seen on my Failsafe trials mine dances on the ground too and the ground is very hard. I think it is just "feeling" its way to the ground. After all, GPS altitude is usually off by a LOT and even barometric altitude can vary by a few feet from beginning to end of flight so I think it is using additional information as it approaches the ground, maybe it senses less power in ground effect, who knows. I think it is pretty "smart" to be able to accomplish an automatic landing.
Oct 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
q {bld(); fly(); brk(); q();}
It's not like it has a sonar to actually know where the ground is. The failsafe isn't supposed to be the lazy mans landing system, it's supposed to be an emergency return to home feature.
Oct 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Empire Support

Gentle Bouncing

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
From what I've seen on my Failsafe trials mine dances on the ground too and the ground is very hard. I think it is just "feeling" its way to the ground. After all, GPS altitude is usually off by a LOT and even barometric altitude can vary by a few feet from beginning to end of flight so I think it is using additional information as it approaches the ground, maybe it senses less power in ground effect, who knows. I think it is pretty "smart" to be able to accomplish an automatic landing.
Maybe he's got what you're describing.
The few times I've tested RTH, I've seen the "feeling" type bounce.
Then again, there's the violent bounce that slams the airframe down so hard it makes you think it's trying to self destruct.
Like I posted, we don't even know the severity of his bouncing...
Oct 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
Well, I just got the notice from Hobby King that all 4 of my orders have shipped!. I guess that means in 2-3 months I should have my items!

Quick Reply