Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 19, 2011, 12:57 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Nukiwi's Avatar
Join the club........

Another happy customer?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2011, 06:34 PM
Registered User
A few pics of the damage to the wing tips. The box was not damaged at all so it must have happened when the wing was put in the box. I have emailed HK but am not holding out for an adequate response. Good job I got the plane with my bonus points I had been saving up for the last 12 months....
Dec 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
kc135boomer's Avatar
Ops check the aileron servos before you glue the wing in. I did not and sure as $#!t the left one was fried and free wheeled but it was to late to remove and replace it. I only fly on one aileron and thankfully it still flies great
Dec 20, 2011, 05:52 AM
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer
Ops check the aileron servos before you glue the wing in. I did not and sure as $#!t the left one was fried and free wheeled but it was to late to remove and replace it. I only fly on one aileron and thankfully it still flies great
Good advice I. Glad I got some extra servos. Its been my esperience with hk stuff the airfeames are good but the electronix are hit or miss especially the servos.
Dec 20, 2011, 09:03 PM
FireHawx
FireHawx's Avatar
So I need to know, the "Slick" or the "Edge"? Has anyone flown both and what do you think. I'm not looking for full on 3d but a fun quick sport/acrobatic plane. I been flying 50mm edf's and 800mm warbirds and I need something new and these look great.
Dec 20, 2011, 09:05 PM
FireHawx
FireHawx's Avatar
Oh yes and I am getting into the micros. Just started with the PZ UM Corsair.
Dec 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi
Join the club........

Another happy customer?
Did HK ever send you the replacement parts?
Dec 21, 2011, 04:57 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Nukiwi's Avatar
No, & I have now claimed against them via Paypal.

" Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast".

Really?
Dec 21, 2011, 05:07 PM
Registered User
Oh dear.... I'm going to give HK upto the 45 days allowed to make a claim. Will wait and see!
Dec 21, 2011, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Mendo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx
So I need to know, the "Slick" or the "Edge"? Has anyone flown both and what do you think. I'm not looking for full on 3d but a fun quick sport/acrobatic plane. I been flying 50mm edf's and 800mm warbirds and I need something new and these look great.
I got the slick yesterday ( arrived perfect with zero issues ) and got 3 flights on it this morning. It isnt 3d but it is a great little imac plane, tracks well, good snaps, fast and has good power to weight. I have and have had quite a few HH micros and this is my 1st durafly micro and its as good as anything HH puts out. I have another slick and the edge coming and will be able to compare them for you when they arrive.

Mendo
Dec 22, 2011, 08:20 AM
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo
I got the slick yesterday ( arrived perfect with zero issues ) and got 3 flights on it this morning. It isnt 3d but it is a great little imac plane, tracks well, good snaps, fast and has good power to weight. I have and have had quite a few HH micros and this is my 1st durafly micro and its as good as anything HH puts out. I have another slick and the edge coming and will be able to compare them for you when they arrive.

Mendo
How "squirrely" is it?
Dec 22, 2011, 01:28 PM
FireHawx
FireHawx's Avatar
Thanx for the info, I have the Slick on the way and I don't think it will let me down. Keep me posted on the Slick vs Edge..........
Dec 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
Registered User
Mendo's Avatar
I got my new edge in today and it too had a creased wingtip My 2nd slick also arrived in perfect shape like the 1st one
Dec 22, 2011, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Mendo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie
How "squirrely" is it?
It flew like pretty much any decent imac plane, wasnt squirrely to me at all but then again the point people consider "squirrely" or "a handfull" differs quite a bit from person to person. I have been flying over 30 years and fly everything from 3 channel trainers to turbine powered jets so my opinion might be vastly different than the next fella. Hope this helps.

Mendo
Dec 22, 2011, 07:31 PM
Registered User
Mendo's Avatar
A few pics


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobbyking Edge 540 EP/0.25 1200mm (ARF) sihinch 3D Flying 115 Oct 23, 2012 03:19 AM
Discussion Hobbyking TM EDGE 540 ARF metalfred Sport Planes 9 Jun 25, 2012 07:04 PM
New Product HobbyKing - Mini Racers Edge 540 V3 & Sbach Mikey 68 Parkflyers 13 Jun 24, 2012 10:55 PM
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
New Product HobbyKing Mini Racers Edge 540 V3 & Sbach... micromantis Foamies (Kits) 6 Oct 31, 2011 02:25 PM