Servos that won't centre - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 06, 2011, 01:53 AM
Great Southern Land
Discussion

Servos that won't centre

Hi all
I have 2 aileron servos that although centred properly with a servo tester, go off centre as soon as I connect them to the Rx. This of course reduces throw in one direction.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Kev
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2011, 01:04 AM
DJ_
DJ_
Does it happen if you test it in different Rx ports, ele, alr, rud?
Nov 06, 2011, 01:39 AM
Which transmitter? Any mixers, sub trims etc. active?
Nov 06, 2011, 01:53 AM
Great Southern Land
Dang me!
Just went to do the test you suggested DJ, but now they are working OK

Got no idea what was causing it. Thought at first I had the wrong model selected in the Tx, but no it wasn't that.

Anyhow thanks for your help

Kev
Nov 06, 2011, 01:56 AM
Great Southern Land
No Jkettu, there were no mixes or sub trims set for the ailerons

Thanks anyhow.

Kev
Nov 06, 2011, 07:32 AM
Jack
If you have any aileron trim set in on the TX, the ailerons will not stay centered, they will go to the trimmed state.

Same with any mixing settings that might set the aileron channels to anything other than the default state.

If the ailerons are on two channels (instead of one channel with a "Y" cable as is normally required if you are using flaperons ormixing features) that can give you more settings you have to look at on the TX.

And sometimes changing the model select to an unused channel that is set to defaults will let you tell that is one of the settings on the named model channel that needs to be changed to get it sorted out.

Jack
Nov 06, 2011, 10:18 PM
DJ_
DJ_
Berkie, glad its working now, but worried why it happened in the first place. Any chance they were plugged into Rx backwards, I'm grasping at straws but I hate when things "fix" themselves. Cuz they might come back!!
Nov 07, 2011, 03:36 AM
Great Southern Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
If you have any aileron trim set in on the TX, the ailerons will not stay centered, they will go to the trimmed state.

Same with any mixing settings that might set the aileron channels to anything other than the default state.

If the ailerons are on two channels (instead of one channel with a "Y" cable as is normally required if you are using flaperons ormixing features) that can give you more settings you have to look at on the TX.

And sometimes changing the model select to an unused channel that is set to defaults will let you tell that is one of the settings on the named model channel that needs to be changed to get it sorted out.

Jack
Thanks Jack. I have had a good look through the settings on the DX7, but the only thing was the amount of throw which was about 75% left & 85% right in an attempt to correct the problem. However I can't adjust the right anymore as moving the stick does not move the selector like it should.

Kev
Nov 07, 2011, 07:38 PM
Kev, is your flap switch in the center postion? If you are not using flaps, you can zero out all the flap settings and not worry about the switch.

Steve
Nov 08, 2011, 04:22 AM
Great Southern Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgomes
Kev, is your flap switch in the center postion? If you are not using flaps, you can zero out all the flap settings and not worry about the switch.

Steve
All working now Steve. Thanks anyhow

Kev

Quick Reply