May 21, 2013, 11:32 AM
Recycled Modeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippy
That'd be the one, but at £12.50......
I will continue the hunt for my original copy (not seen for many years)
£12.50? Good Grief!!
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
I am more upset by the bad spelling of the title. It's Pou du Ciel.

I may need to get out more, though.
May 23, 2013, 10:46 PM

aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
This time to the November 1994 AEROMODELLER where the cover features ”QUARK” one of three full size plans to be found in this issue.

In fact PETER MILLERS QUARK is the first plan and was designed to test a micro radio but can also be flown free flight.

Construction is conventional and it builds up into a lightweight attractive model. Peter warns of long walks if flown free flight.

Next was NORAD MAXI a simple electric free flight model designed by PAT HELFER.

Pete said it makes an ideal school project and it has given him lots of pleasure and exercise chasing the model across the fields,

Finally a very interesting scale model. The HANDLEY PAGE. E. “YELLOW PERIL”

It’s by JOHN WATTERS who contributed quite a few plans to AEROMODELLER and is electric powered by a KPO1 unit. These are still available from KP AERO MODELS in the UK.

I am not sure when the Yellow Peril first flew but this is the first two cockpit design and would look a treat in the air. On an early flight it covered 30 miles and was a successful aircraft.

All the information is in the article and on the plan.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; May 27, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
May 27, 2013, 08:09 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Algy2, I'm just playing catch-up this morning for awhile. Just wanted to say a big "THANKS!" for all the great articles, plans and covers. I could easily spend way too much time perusing all these!
May 27, 2013, 09:43 AM
Lovely Handley Page.
May 27, 2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
Hi,
”QUARK”
Algy
Here is Quark joined (with article

Roger
May 30, 2013, 07:55 AM

Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
This time to the February 1996 issue of AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring ERIC JANSSEN holding HENK DE JONG’S BLUE PEAL at Beitigheim.

Three free flight plans to pass along the first being a vintage glider originally from the February 1946 Aeromodeller.

This was published in the “50 Years Ago” column. It’s DIDO 1A by A.O. SUTCLIFFE.

It’s an attractive 36 inch Glider tow line glider designed to fit into a small model box.

Next to two very nice indoor duration models from MARK BEES.

They are HIGH WING and SCRAPPY. No build article but all the information is on the single plan.

High Flyer looks very capable of a good duration while Scrappy, built from the scrap box, would be an ideal introduction to indoor model flight.

Finally as foam was being increasingly popular for indoor models an article and diagram showing you how to make your own sheets.

Cheers

Algy
Jun 03, 2013, 04:08 AM
Free-flighters will probably have seen this on the other forum, but just in case, :-

Regards Ian.
Jun 04, 2013, 05:36 AM

Hi,
A couple of weeks ago Colonel Blink asked me for an article on both the rubber powered C. Rupert Moore and J.W. Coasby power models of the Aeromodeller Tiger Moth.

I have been looking for it and finally located it.

The article was called “A Tale Of Two Tigers” and came with both plans republished in the April 1985 Aeromodeller..

Have scanned them again at a high resolution and posted here to make the article more understandable. They can also be found on Outerzone.

Both have a wingspan of 44 inches. Enjoy the "Tiger" feast.

Cheers

Algy
Jun 05, 2013, 01:51 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
That's great- thanks Algy!
Jun 18, 2013, 04:20 AM

Hi,
this time it’s the January 2001 copy of AEROMODELLER. The cover shows a very delightful scale X-IE powered by the then available Rapier rockets a feature article in this issue..

A couple of free flight plans to pass along the first being found in ALEX IMRIE’S VINTAGE CORNER section.

Alex looks in detail at the S.E.5 and the many model designs this successful WW1 fighter inspired.

Also included with the article is another S.E5 plan to build from. It being the rubber powered TOMASCO British Wartime S.E.5 from the Toledo Model Airplane Company.

Turning to sports rubber and a model by STEWART MARSDEN. He called it HONEYPOT.

The tough all sheet construction results in a model that flies well and will last. The plan is full size.

Finally staying with all sheet construction and BARRY MALLET came up with the FLYING WING a unorthodox catapult dart all the way from Australia..

The name says it all and it can be built very fast and into the air.

Cheers

Algy
Jun 19, 2013, 08:45 PM
Culper Junior
Pardon my ignorance, but I could not find the wingspan ( or any other dimension)on the Honey Pot. Could someone enlighten me?
Jun 19, 2013, 11:01 PM

Hi,
This time it’s the November 1999 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring STEVEN GLASS and his free flight hit of the Nationals that year - the ducted fan VC 10.

The first plan is for an electric conversion of the 1953 KOMET designed by GERHARD SCHMIDT.

It is virtually a glider with an engine mounted at a safe high thrust line and has a slow climb but a magnificent glide. Has the contest wins to prove it was a very successful formula.

The electric conversion by ARTHUR FOX is for those that like them old and unusual. I have rescanned the plan at 600dpi and the wingspan is 74 inches.

Next to the first of two full size plans and the FLYING PUNT by JIM FULLARTON. Another for those liking the unusual being an amphibious canard for .5cc to.8cc engines.

Construction is simple and it flies superbly.

The second full size plan is for CO2. This is the indoor BLERIOT PROFILE by JOHN WATTERS.

John powered his with the GASPARIN G24 and performance is described as slow and docile.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCIBED and Aeromodeller looks at Germany’s WW2 rocket powered mini fighter.

Aeronca 52 inquired about the HONEY POT wingspan from the previous post. The plan is full size.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Jun 20, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Jun 20, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
Pardon my ignorance, but I could not find the wingspan ( or any other dimension)on the Honey Pot. Could someone enlighten me?
Judging by the 25mm dihedral measurement, the plan is scaled perfectly. That would make one wing panel about 25 cm or 10" long, give or take 1 mm in some direction....
Jun 20, 2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2
Hi,
this time it’s the January 2001 copy of AEROMODELLER. The cover shows a very delightful scale X-IE powered by the then available Rapier rockets a feature article in this issue..

A couple of free flight plans to pass along the first being found in ALEX IMRIE’S VINTAGE CORNER section.

Alex looks in detail at the S.E.5 and the many model designs this successful WW1 fighter inspired.

Also included with the article is another S.E5 plan to build from. It being the rubber powered TOMASCO British Wartime S.E.5 from the Toledo Model Airplane Company.

Turning to sports rubber and a model by STEWART MARSDEN. He called it HONEYPOT.

The tough all sheet construction results in a model that flies well and will last. The plan is full size.

Finally staying with all sheet construction and BARRY MALLET came up with the FLYING WING a unorthodox catapult dart all the way from Australia..

The name says it all and it can be built very fast and into the air.

Cheers

Algy
Was there a construction article for the X-1E or was it just a descriptive article?

Pete G.

Quick Reply