Dec 07, 2017, 06:16 PM
I feel like Jim O'Rielly has that one.

Edit: Not quite. He has "Expectations." http://www.jimoreillymodelplans.com/AMA01-AMA3A.htm
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2018, 11:02 AM
SaLKo F1A0

Finnish F1A style glider in smaller size.
SaLKo simply refers to Savonlinnan Lentokerho, or Savonlinna Aviation Club.
The plan is dated 12 Nov 1977, and I think the design and drawing is by Ossi Kilpeläinen.
Scanned by the guy who runs http://iwaru.fi/index.html. Yes he sells some scale plans and other stuff, and now offers a plans scanning service. He'll do historically significant plans for shipping cost - for regular stuff he charges a little. Shipping is to/from Finland, though.

Texts are in Finnish. For materials, B = balsa, M = pine, and vaneeri = (birch) plywood.
Feb 21, 2018, 09:45 AM
Found on HPA: a neat little sporty towline glider named Tomik 4 (Plan and Article)

Wingspan 117cm
Designer R.Metz.
Published in the Czechoslovakian Modelar Magazine, February 1966
The Magazine: https://rcbookcase.com/details.php?publication_id=1094
Feb 23, 2018, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinSharbonda
Looking for a bostonian plan from July 1981 Model Builder of Great Expectations Bostonian!!
Outerzone pulled Model Builder plans at the request of Mrs. Northrop, IIRC.
Feb 23, 2018, 08:45 PM
Culper Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgdjg
Outerzone pulled Model Builder plans at the request of Mrs. Northrop, IIRC.

Is that the one with a fish-y shaped fuselage?
I have that issue in my desk drawer at work.
Jan 15, 2021, 11:03 AM
I like thermals
I went looking for this thread today. Since it hasn't come up in a while, thought I'd give it a "bump, " as maybe some folks have never seen or even forgotten about this resource.
Jan 16, 2021, 08:58 PM
Culper Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserudder
I went looking for this thread today. Since it hasn't come up in a while, thought I'd give it a "bump, " as maybe some folks have never seen or even forgotten about this resource.
Thanks David,
I liked looking back through this thread.
Jim
Jul 31, 2021, 12:25 AM

Austin Whippet building instructions?

Hi guys, I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the building instructions for the Austin Whippet? Apparently the plan used to come with very detailed building and trimming instructions from Aeromodeller Plans Service. If anyone has a copy it would be great to get a copy for my young son, who has chosen to build this on his own.

Regards,

James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal
Swankee,

I know you asked for a scan of the plan but I thought I'd leave you all with a memory of me - nothing drastic, just out on the bike around Germany for three weeks.

So the Whippet - a model designed at 1.1/2" to the foot (1/8th) and with a wing span of 32". A Mills 0.75 was used on the original and it is meant to have ideal flying characteristics, in fact recommended for the beginner to scale free flight.
It was designed by M. Garnet using the Aeromodeller GA drawings presented in 1946.

As always take care if you chose to build from the plan and if you would like the colour version please e-mail (although there will be a delay).

Most important is, of course, enjoy.

Al
Jan 28, 2022, 12:52 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Anyone have access to these Aeromodeller issues?

5/75
10/75
5/76
10/76
8/77
4/78

The 10/75 and 10/76 might really be the ones I want to see if a plan is in.

Don
Jan 28, 2022, 02:16 PM
ffkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
Anyone have access to these Aeromodeller issues?

5/75
10/75
5/76
10/76
8/77
4/78

The 10/75 and 10/76 might really be the ones I want to see if a plan is in.

Don
Yes all of them-what are you looking for?

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Jan 28, 2022, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkiwi
Yes all of them-what are you looking for?

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Chris, excellent! There are supposed to be some indoor FF EZB plans in those issues. There is an indoor FF contest coming up in March that is flying a special event where the EZB designs have to be from 1980 or earlier. I found a plan list for Aeromodeller on Hippocket and when I did a search for "EZB" these issues came up. So I wanted to see what those designs look like. Just for now a photo of the page would be good then if one looks good maybe a close up or scan if possible. I need to have proof of the plan and when published.

Don
Jan 28, 2022, 08:43 PM
ffkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
Chris, excellent! There are supposed to be some indoor FF EZB plans in those issues. There is an indoor FF contest coming up in March that is flying a special event where the EZB designs have to be from 1980 or earlier. I found a plan list for Aeromodeller on Hippocket and when I did a search for "EZB" these issues came up. So I wanted to see what those designs look like. Just for now a photo of the page would be good then if one looks good maybe a close up or scan if possible. I need to have proof of the plan and when published.

Don
OK I'll dig them out.

ChrisM
Jan 28, 2022, 10:05 PM
ffkiwi
OK-I've dug out the relevant issues-I will not be able to scan though until next monday, however a summary of the relevant content is as follows:

May 1975 issue: in 'Free Flight Scene' [regular monthly column] p 287 there is a detailed 3-view of Ron Green's 'Flit' EZB at 1:3 scale (but no other written text on the model)

October 1975 issue: in 'Free flight Scene' p923 a small detailed 3-view of Bob Bailey's unofficial world record holder EZB at 1:6 scale along with a paragraph of text commentary

May 1976 issue: a 3 page article titled 'Easy B-Just how easy?' 2-1/2 pages of text and photos-author unknown but possibly by a staff writer

October 1976 issue: 'Free flight Scene' p568 3-view of Dave Pymm's EZB with full size prop details and a short text paragraph on the model

August 1977 issue: 'Free flight scene' p476-7 short paragraph and 3-view of Dave Pymm's 'World Record EZB' with full size prop details

April 1978 issue: p221-4 'B-Simple' a 3-1/2 page article by Nick Zotov including a detailed full page 3-view of the B-Simple EZB plus detailed building instructions including jigs and fixtures.

ChrisM

Jan 28, 2022, 11:35 PM
Chris that all sounds great. All sound like good reads. I like the sound of world record EZB
Jan 29, 2022, 04:16 AM
Old issues of Indoor News and Views often have plans for EZB's, and the archives go a long way back. Indoornewsandviews.com
Lots of other types, too.

Quick Reply