This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 04, 2011, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

X-20 Dyna soar RC rocket glider with full fuse..

Here is my X-20 RC rocket glider. It has simple faceted sides to make cutting/assembly easy.

The fuse pieces fit pretty well as cut, just minor trimming for each side as needed. Originally I used a 2s battery and bec, now I just use a 1s 500mah battery that weighs 15 grams and balast accordingly for CG. The pictures show some centering rings on the motor mount inset into the wing, but they aren't really needed, the thrust goes directly into the center fuse piece and is centered with the rear fuse plate.

I used testors flat black and used a silver sharpie to make the panel lines, and it turned out ok.

I've programmed in 1/4" of up trim for boost, and about 5/8" to 3/4" up for glide trim, very gentle glide, and very easy flare. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far.

Plans posted at https://dynasoarrocketry.com/?page_id=3425

X-20 Dyna-Soar rocket boosted RC glider Launch Video (0 min 33 sec)

Frank
Last edited by burkefj; Jan 02, 2019 at 06:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2011, 08:58 PM
OH I can't wait to see this....
Nov 06, 2011, 11:24 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Followed your builds for a year or so now. Used your plans too. Perfect.

This Dyna Soar was so cool

Well done. A true inspiration

I've been trying to get hold of some good plans to build a depron Shuttle with the idea to launch and glide. I'm not clever enough to get my own design on the Shuttle with a full fuz.

I did try the plan from RC Powers but I had little success with it TBH. Good plan but didn't work for me unfortunately.

Could we persuade you to make one Frank ?? The Dyna's good for now though

Also the use of the cat scratch post seems to be a popular stand for photographing our models

Noel
Last edited by soundcheque; Nov 06, 2011 at 11:36 PM.
Jan 02, 2019, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
I've re-posted my plans for this at https://dynasoarrocketry.com/?page_id=3425

Quick Reply