Old Sep 23, 2003, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by haymaker

Anyone looking for digital/video camera control boards?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so I'm a little new at this. Currently I have a little side project where I make controller boards for various digital, 35mm, and video camcorders. These boards are used for wildlife photography and have a motion sensor built into them.

I was considering starting a new line of control boards where I use the basic camera controls of the current board set and just remove the motion sensor. I would add external controls for camera control, such as shutter, refresh, zoom, and many other functions.

The board would be small, about 1.5" X 2" and run off of a 9V battery (actually any 5V to 14V supply). My current controller are setup to snap a photo when tripped by a motion sensor, but the new controls would work by either being pulsed by a R/C control, or just setup to take photos on a user defined interval.

The boards I have are as follows:

1. Direct Controller - where you hardwire the shutter/refresh camera connections to the board.

2. R2-323 Controller - a plug-n-play controller for about 90 older digital cameras with an RS-232 port.

3. LANC video camcorder controller - this is also a plug-n-play controller which works with many Sony and Canon camcorders. Here you could control features like zoom from the ground.

4. (soon the be released) JLIP JVC video camcorder controller - Just like the LANC controller.

My web site is: www.PixController.com
If anyone has any interest in such a controller please let me know and I will start working on it. Any input too would be great.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2015, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by IdahoMan
Bump.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by IdahoMan
Sorry if it's semi-OT, but while on the subject of video electronics...

My interest is in trigger-able (Ex: PIR) field surveillance CCTV, but with the power longevity of a Trail/Game-Camera (months to a year). Your site and its owner seem have the same sort of goal. I don't suppose you could point me in a direction where I could find, or have custom designed, a PCB that would work much like a audio/video trailcamera (A good example being a Bushnell TrophyCam HD) using CCTV cameras and other various components?

Thank you.

IM