Mar 28, 2012, 01:56 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax
Did you get your Skywalker from Ali yet?? I just ordered the new version from bevrc today. They finally came back in stock. I was considering the X8 wing, but realistically I don't have the space to fly something that big.
Only reason I didn't want an X8 was because of the power train, too much $$$ to power that thing up, plus it's a bit big for hand launching for my tastes, so I would do retracts which also is $$$ :P

Not yet, my funds have been delayed... but soon
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 01:59 PM
It is a big bird. Hate to lose that in the middle of town somewhere!!!
Mar 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
That could be bad :P
Mar 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Ya need to go to the Desert to fly that thing. At least that's where the video was shot for the one I watched.

I have the opportunity (no funds yet) to either turn my SkySurfer into an FPV platform or put the electronics into my ZII.

I think the SS will be easier to learn FPV on and less expensive to repair if I screw up. Whatever I do FPV is still out of the question untill maybe the end of the year.
Mar 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Ya need to go to the Desert to fly that thing. At least that's where the video was shot for the one I watched.

I have the opportunity (no funds yet) to either turn my SkySurfer into an FPV platform or put the electronics into my ZII.

I think the SS will be easier to learn FPV on and less expensive to repair if I screw up. Whatever I do FPV is still out of the question untill maybe the end of the year.
that makes two of us - I can't even afford a keyfob cam atm!
Mar 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
The good thing about the SS is it's such an easy plane to fly and repair. Personally I think the airframe is a bit too small for my personal goals (longer range, endurance, and better wind handling are my desires), but it was certainly a GREAT plane to learn to fly on and FPV on
Mar 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonFlyer
that makes two of us - I can't even afford a keyfob cam atm!
The last time I checked eBay there were a number of # 11 or # 16 keyfobs for about $40 USD with free shipping or about $51 USD with the 8GB card and free shipping. The most reputable vendor there is eletoponline365.

If you purchase the 8GB memory disk separately make sure you get a name brand like Kingston. Don't purchase a no-name brand. First it might not work and second it might have a virus already on board.

Don't know if that will break you budget but it is cheaper than the Gopro.
Mar 28, 2012, 06:20 PM
I agree, the SS is a very good plane to learn on.
Mar 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
Forgot to ask, is it normal for the Bixler to climb hard when throttle on, i am struggling to get a nice level flight. My CG is over spar
Mar 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Sounds like maybe your elevator is set incorrectly.
Mar 28, 2012, 09:19 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsands2801
Forgot to ask, is it normal for the Bixler to climb hard when throttle on, i am struggling to get a nice level flight. My CG is over spar
Cg is too far back, try 60mm which is the front of spar cover.
Mar 29, 2012, 02:59 AM
Me a long time ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsands2801
Yes. It is a powered glider. The object is for it to climb for height and power off, and glide/soar.
I have a Bixler, Easystars, Rookie, DG1000, and they all do the same.
Mar 29, 2012, 03:15 AM
I have 4 of these planes and none of them do that????
Mar 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
The last time I checked eBay there were a number of # 11 or # 16 keyfobs for about $40 USD with free shipping or about $51 USD with the 8GB card and free shipping. The most reputable vendor there is eletoponline365.

If you purchase the 8GB memory disk separately make sure you get a name brand like Kingston. Don't purchase a no-name brand. First it might not work and second it might have a virus already on board.

Don't know if that will break you budget but it is cheaper than the Gopro.
I am sooo tempted.. I should put a GoPro or RD32 on my wedding list
Mar 29, 2012, 03:54 AM
Me a long time ago
Quote:
I have 4 of these planes and none of them do that????
So what do they do? Also what do they do when you power off?

Quick Reply