Feb 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a
guys .. maxi swift is ready

now i have time to start working on my bixler
i have a 5.8 system for it. plan is to use it for short range high adrenaline bad ass FPV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfzo...5aAUAAAAAAAAAA
Nice video. Isn't there an airspace distance regulation about flying around power plants? Figured your maxi would have seen some action if it got too close.

Vince
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
I guess there are :-)
I didn't ask ...

But i was about 1 km from the power plant.
Feb 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
Bill
Quote:
I guess there are :-)
I didn't ask ...

But i was about 1 km from the power plant.
Here in the States it's 3 miles. Everytime I go north of Omaha Nebraska in my Cessna I am reminded to stay clear of the Nuke plant. 3 miles/120 MPH = 90 seconds. If I were a bad guy I don't think there is a lot they could do about it.
Feb 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Woo I got into the clouds for the first time today! Wasn't hard considering there is a front blowing through hehe. Though it was the windiest I ever flew in it helped a lot in gaining altitude .
Feb 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
Just got a Bixler ARF/PNP/BNF whatever you want to call it (servo's installed, motor mounted and wired, fuse in 2 halves, etc.). What an impressive plane! Such a great value. The foam is really well done--smooth finished, really well matched pieces. The decals are indeed a bit wrinkled, but I'm going to leave it alone. I'm doing the following (minor) mods:

- Blenderm tape along the leading edge
- Removed pointless washers
- Upgrade prop (what a piece of junk they include! wow)
-Considering covering tthe vulnerable belly with UHO Por as a laminating/protective surface. Or just Blenderm and tail skids.
-Considering replacing the 'built-in' foam hinge with either blenderm tape hinge or CA hinges.

Overall, a fantastic plane I'd reccomend to anyone.
Feb 21, 2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughpat
Just got a Bixler ARF/PNP/BNF whatever you want to call it (servo's installed, motor mounted and wired, fuse in 2 halves, etc.). What an impressive plane! Such a great value. The foam is really well done--smooth finished, really well matched pieces. The decals are indeed a bit wrinkled, but I'm going to leave it alone. I'm doing the following (minor) mods:

- Blenderm tape along the leading edge
- Removed pointless washers
- Upgrade prop (what a piece of junk they include! wow)
-Considering covering tthe vulnerable belly with UHO Por as a laminating/protective surface. Or just Blenderm and tail skids.
-Considering replacing the 'built-in' foam hinge with either blenderm tape hinge or CA hinges.

Overall, a fantastic plane I'd reccomend to anyone.
If you dont mind me asking did you get it from HK? If so how long did it take them to ship your Bixler?
Feb 22, 2012, 12:23 AM
Member #1
Are most of you guys mounting the wings permanently? And what CG are you using?
Feb 22, 2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Are most of you guys mounting the wings permanently? And what CG are you using?
I use the rubber band / 3m hook method myself, I haven't had a problem and I fly heavy with FPV and do a lot of aerobatics with FPV gear off.
Feb 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
Member #1
What about the CG?
Feb 22, 2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
What about the CG?
I CG at about the front lip of the foam insert for the wiring / rod.
Feb 22, 2012, 01:35 AM
CG is about 71mm back from the leading edge of the wing
Feb 22, 2012, 02:47 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat
I CG at about the front lip of the foam insert for the wiring / rod.
Same here, I used to not notice much difference, but now if it is slightly out, I can tell, and it flies poorly! Throttle changes planes pitch quite badly when its out!
Feb 22, 2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371
Here in the States it's 3 miles. Everytime I go north of Omaha Nebraska in my Cessna I am reminded to stay clear of the Nuke plant. 3 miles/120 MPH = 90 seconds. If I were a bad guy I don't think there is a lot they could do about it.
wow
ok .. this IS scary ..
this power plant here is not nuke, it is natural gas powered.

here is a good pic i took few weeks ago. ( samsung galaxy 2 smartphone )

edit:
got some chance for FPV last night.
it was near a cemetery, a very dark night .. and a very cold night !
my fingers where popsicles ...

i couldn't see much on the screen since it was really dark ... so i accidentally missed some high voltage power lines ...

not recommended for pregnant women and little children lol ...

night flight - high voltage (2 min 30 sec)
Last edited by guy1a; Feb 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Feb 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
wow
ok .. this IS scary ..
this power plant here is not nuke, it is natural gas powered.

here is a good pic i took few weeks ago. ( samsung galaxy 2 smartphone )

edit:
got some chance for FPV last night.
it was near a cemetery, a very dark night .. and a very cold night !
my fingers where popsicles ...

i couldn't see much on the screen since it was really dark ... so i accidentally missed some high voltage power lines ...

not recommended for pregnant women and little children lol ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7AS...05AUAAAAAAAAAA
Wow.

Yes you did accidentally missed some high voltage power lines. Not once but about 6 times You also came real close to the tower a couple of times..

Why don't you take some daytime photos (higher up of course) of the same area and you can see what you were really avoiding. Then get yourself a much better IR camera for night flights otherwise your Maxi will be visiting your other plane in the Dead Sea.

Vince
Feb 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Wow.

Yes you did accidentally missed some high voltage power lines. Not once but about 6 times You also came real close to the tower a couple of times..

Why don't you take some daytime photos (higher up of course) of the same area and you can see what you were really avoiding. Then get yourself a much better IR camera for night flights otherwise your Maxi will be visiting your other plane in the Dead Sea.

Vince
well

it is a place i never was before .. and will never be again ...
it doesn't matter ..

though i will try to keep the maxi in better shape then the poor old B ...
which is going to be the short range high adrenaline fpv plane.

Quick Reply