New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
Eagle202 is offline
Find More Posts by Eagle202
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
guys .. maxi swift is ready

now i have time to start working on my bixler
i have a 5.8 system for it. plan is to use it for short range high adrenaline bad ass FPV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfzo...5aAUAAAAAAAAAA
Nice video. Isn't there an airspace distance regulation about flying around power plants? Figured your maxi would have seen some action if it got too close.

Vince
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
guy1a is offline
Find More Posts by guy1a
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
I guess there are :-)
I didn't ask ...

But i was about 1 km from the power plant.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
HiFlyer371 is offline
Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Bill
HiFlyer371's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
I guess there are :-)
I didn't ask ...

But i was about 1 km from the power plant.
Here in the States it's 3 miles. Everytime I go north of Omaha Nebraska in my Cessna I am reminded to stay clear of the Nuke plant. 3 miles/120 MPH = 90 seconds. If I were a bad guy I don't think there is a lot they could do about it.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
NorCalMatCat is offline
Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
FPV Electronics For Life!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
Woo I got into the clouds for the first time today! Wasn't hard considering there is a front blowing through hehe. Though it was the windiest I ever flew in it helped a lot in gaining altitude .
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
doughpat is offline
Find More Posts by doughpat
Registered User
Just got a Bixler ARF/PNP/BNF whatever you want to call it (servo's installed, motor mounted and wired, fuse in 2 halves, etc.). What an impressive plane! Such a great value. The foam is really well done--smooth finished, really well matched pieces. The decals are indeed a bit wrinkled, but I'm going to leave it alone. I'm doing the following (minor) mods:

- Blenderm tape along the leading edge
- Removed pointless washers
- Upgrade prop (what a piece of junk they include! wow)
-Considering covering tthe vulnerable belly with UHO Por as a laminating/protective surface. Or just Blenderm and tail skids.
-Considering replacing the 'built-in' foam hinge with either blenderm tape hinge or CA hinges.

Overall, a fantastic plane I'd reccomend to anyone.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:55 PM
rsands2801 is offline
Find More Posts by rsands2801
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughpat View Post
Just got a Bixler ARF/PNP/BNF whatever you want to call it (servo's installed, motor mounted and wired, fuse in 2 halves, etc.). What an impressive plane! Such a great value. The foam is really well done--smooth finished, really well matched pieces. The decals are indeed a bit wrinkled, but I'm going to leave it alone. I'm doing the following (minor) mods:

- Blenderm tape along the leading edge
- Removed pointless washers
- Upgrade prop (what a piece of junk they include! wow)
-Considering covering tthe vulnerable belly with UHO Por as a laminating/protective surface. Or just Blenderm and tail skids.
-Considering replacing the 'built-in' foam hinge with either blenderm tape hinge or CA hinges.

Overall, a fantastic plane I'd reccomend to anyone.
If you dont mind me asking did you get it from HK? If so how long did it take them to ship your Bixler?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:23 AM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Are most of you guys mounting the wings permanently? And what CG are you using?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:24 AM
NorCalMatCat is offline
Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
FPV Electronics For Life!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Are most of you guys mounting the wings permanently? And what CG are you using?
I use the rubber band / 3m hook method myself, I haven't had a problem and I fly heavy with FPV and do a lot of aerobatics with FPV gear off.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
What about the CG?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:00 AM
NorCalMatCat is offline
Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
FPV Electronics For Life!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
What about the CG?
I CG at about the front lip of the foam insert for the wiring / rod.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:35 AM
Maddmax is offline
Find More Posts by Maddmax
Registered User
CG is about 71mm back from the leading edge of the wing
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:47 AM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I CG at about the front lip of the foam insert for the wiring / rod.
Same here, I used to not notice much difference, but now if it is slightly out, I can tell, and it flies poorly! Throttle changes planes pitch quite badly when its out!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:24 AM
guy1a is offline
Find More Posts by guy1a
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
Here in the States it's 3 miles. Everytime I go north of Omaha Nebraska in my Cessna I am reminded to stay clear of the Nuke plant. 3 miles/120 MPH = 90 seconds. If I were a bad guy I don't think there is a lot they could do about it.
wow
ok .. this IS scary ..
this power plant here is not nuke, it is natural gas powered.

here is a good pic i took few weeks ago. ( samsung galaxy 2 smartphone )


edit:
got some chance for FPV last night.
it was near a cemetery, a very dark night .. and a very cold night !
my fingers where popsicles ...

i couldn't see much on the screen since it was really dark ... so i accidentally missed some high voltage power lines ...

not recommended for pregnant women and little children lol ...

night flight - high voltage (2 min 30 sec)
Last edited by guy1a; Feb 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
Eagle202 is offline
Find More Posts by Eagle202
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
wow
ok .. this IS scary ..
this power plant here is not nuke, it is natural gas powered.

here is a good pic i took few weeks ago. ( samsung galaxy 2 smartphone )


edit:
got some chance for FPV last night.
it was near a cemetery, a very dark night .. and a very cold night !
my fingers where popsicles ...

i couldn't see much on the screen since it was really dark ... so i accidentally missed some high voltage power lines ...

not recommended for pregnant women and little children lol ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7AS...05AUAAAAAAAAAA
Wow.

Yes you did accidentally missed some high voltage power lines. Not once but about 6 times You also came real close to the tower a couple of times..

Why don't you take some daytime photos (higher up of course) of the same area and you can see what you were really avoiding. Then get yourself a much better IR camera for night flights otherwise your Maxi will be visiting your other plane in the Dead Sea.

Vince
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
guy1a is offline
Find More Posts by guy1a
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Wow.

Yes you did accidentally missed some high voltage power lines. Not once but about 6 times You also came real close to the tower a couple of times..

Why don't you take some daytime photos (higher up of course) of the same area and you can see what you were really avoiding. Then get yourself a much better IR camera for night flights otherwise your Maxi will be visiting your other plane in the Dead Sea.

Vince
well

it is a place i never was before .. and will never be again ...
it doesn't matter ..

though i will try to keep the maxi in better shape then the poor old B ...
which is going to be the short range high adrenaline fpv plane.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sky Surfer or HK Bixler??? fpsazerbaijan Electric Plane Talk 11 Mar 17, 2012 06:43 AM
Sold 1800kv Motor/prop for Sky Surfer / Bixler / Easy Star tdab Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 1 Nov 01, 2011 05:46 PM
Sold Bixler Sky Surfer Hawk Sky ARF or complete kit porcia83 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 14, 2011 10:24 AM
Discussion Review of my Sky Surfer AKA Bixler , Flew Today for the first time. dllhg Electric Plane Talk 19 Aug 10, 2011 11:41 AM
Discussion Propeller recommendations Bixler/ sky surfer sean11 Power Systems 3 Jun 25, 2011 07:08 AM