Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 11, 2012, 05:42 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Tim,
Great report. Seems most people love the way this material handles and builds.

Just got a PM from Steve Shumate (aka Jetsett44) confirming his intention to use MPF to build a 60" PB2Y Coronado from the material he received. He described the material as a drop-in replacement for Depron. Imagine that!

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
AKA Don

MPF at JR FEST 2012

We were there.
More event pictures here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1764361
Nov 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
Lost in Oblivia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
We were there.
I could have swore I saw yer faces flash by, at around 1:50 into the latest video from " Flite Test : JR Indoor Electric Festival - Montage". Too bad you didn't get a chance to be more "prominent" in that video... Perhaps later?

Regards

Christian
Nov 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain_zero View Post
I could have swore I saw yer faces flash by, at around 1:50 into the latest video from " Flite Test : JR Indoor Electric Festival - Montage". Too bad you didn't get a chance to be more "prominent" in that video... Perhaps later?

Regards

Christian
There are several interviews that are coming from Flite Test later, as a result of being there.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Nov 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
We were there.
Are the pictures in this message, some sort of chuck gliders or just material samples for the show?
Nov 12, 2012, 09:03 AM
treefinder
Yes, to both. There were lulls during which we cut a sheet up into 4x6 samples, and used the rest for chuck gliders just for fun. We actually sold 4 of 'em. Penny in the nose, and they glided a fair distance - enough to tease the Lo-fly girl across from us.....
Nov 12, 2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Yes, to both. There were lulls during which we cut a sheet up into 4x6 samples, and used the rest for chuck gliders just for fun. We actually sold 4 of 'em. Penny in the nose, and they glided a fair distance - enough to tease the Lo-fly girl across from us.....
Thanks Springer, are there plans for the Chuckies somewhere? I'm forever making paper airplanes for my nephews, and thought some nice foam chuckies might be a good change of pace.
Nov 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
just Some Useless Geek
gstreaks, there are plans for chuck gliders all over the place. But you should be able to just look at some three-views and make the profiles, eh? Balancing is easy with paper clips or washers.
Nov 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
treefinder
gs: Geek is right, there are plans all over, and I'd have to trace the two I have left, as we just freehanded them (well I did use a 6inch scale to get straight lines). I may have the file for a hellcat that I made some time ago that flew well, It was about 7" span as I recall. If I find it I'll post it.
Nov 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Useless Geek View Post
gstreaks, there are plans for chuck gliders all over the place. But you should be able to just look at some three-views and make the profiles, eh? Balancing is easy with paper clips or washers.
True, I just like to go with the proven designs... I've often thought about picking up one of your darts, instead of building my own. Just cause I new it'd work.
Nov 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
treefinder
here's the f6f
Nov 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
here's the f6f
Perfect. A new toy just in time for thanksgiving. Thanks.
Nov 13, 2012, 10:44 AM
SARG5
SARG5 here
Winter build
Has anyone built the BIPE ULTIMATE 30" out of your MPF foan
SARG5
Nov 13, 2012, 10:49 AM
SARG5
ooppss
On the Bipe Ultimate.
Want to do a full body build
Thanks
SARG5
Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
redwhskers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARG5 View Post
SARG5 here
Winter build
Has anyone built the BIPE ULTIMATE 30" out of your MPF foan
SARG5
Yes I have it cut out and I start painting tonite will post pics.

RW