This thread is privately moderated by steve wenban, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 31, 2011, 12:32 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Thread OP
Discussion

For my next trick a Boomerang

As an Aussie I enjoy building Aircraft with Australian markings so this is my next build ,the CAC Boomerang. I drew it up a while back and then promtly lost the drawings ,still I found them again in the last place I looked ,Anyway I'm 2 weekends into the build now and its looking as it should like a Boomerang
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2011, 04:35 AM
Well done, great work, and a well deserving subject too.

Always reminds me of the Curtis P-36- very similar look, size and performance.

Please post more pictures as the build progresses?

Odd
Oct 31, 2011, 04:50 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Years ago Charlie Chambers did one for Top Gun, had a ST 4500 with a cowel ring exh. All aluminum covered at about 35lbs. Took 1st static but was plagued with engine probs in 95. Don't remember whose plan but it was big. Another sweet spot for me!
Nice work
Oct 31, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks ,I know the Boomer has been done a few times for power flight but this is for slope so it add's to my fleet . The plans I drew myself and I kept this 1 small enough at 75" span to be able to travel to the States in 2013 for the Inland Slope Rebels PSS Fest . That is also the reason the tail grouping is bolt on and removable .a second plus is the the stab incidence can be adjusted if needed.
Oct 31, 2011, 05:25 PM
Thread OP
I put a bit of info about my builds in the blog ,But I do a fairly extensive build log as well
the 1 for the Boomerang can be found here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1439203

Quick Reply