Jan 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphan
OK so I went to maiden my edge...... powered her up, adjusted the INSANE throws.... goosed the throttle before flight with the plane held back.... taxi her around for a little bit... man my adrenaline is pumpin now !! SSSSSCCCCCCCCRRREEEEAAAATTTCCHHHHH !! The damn motor locked up..... took it apart to find the "round bracket type ring" that holds all the magnets in precise order I guess you can say..... start working its way back out of the can...started to rub on the motor half mounted to the firewall.... anyhow, I tapped it back in carefully... and used 30 minute epoxy all around including between all the magnets.... I think I did a pretty nice job on it.... will find out today.... but I did power up the motor last night and it seemed fine.... just want the epoxy to cure.... Did I use the right stuff ? I used a 30 minute epoxy.....never had to re-glue magnets before in my 4 years of flying !! I hope I dont need a new motor. 5 1/4" CG if im not mistaken ?? Don't want any surprises during the maiden... Thanks for your time everyone... and man does that pjn xoar WHITE prop w/red tips look sweet !!
Photos of that prop please!!!

Also, where did you buy it?

Thanks and have a blast with the maiden.

-Buzzed
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
A tale of two slickies
So using the motrofly 4325-380. I did as you said Steve and used some debonder to get the backings off.

Then filled in the preexisting holes and cutout the pattern for the wire coming out of the back of the motor. I realized however that I did not necessarily need to do this because the motor will be on standoffs. Oh well. If I do choose to slide the wires through the box now I can.

So far getting the backings off was the hardest part. Tonight I'll get the motor on with 1/2" spacers plus some washers and we will see how we line up.
Jan 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Photos of that prop please!!!

Also, where did you buy it?

Thanks and have a blast with the maiden.

-Buzzed
I think Espirit carries those white Xoars.
Jan 11, 2012, 12:53 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
Thanks!
Jan 11, 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
Indeed they do.

http://www.espritmodel.com/xoar-prop...hite-pjmw.aspx
Jan 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
Wow, double the price for paint? I painted mine myself, I like the black on the red plane. Red tips.
Jan 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliprob17
at this size I would ditch the bullets and solder direct
At least, I use 4mm bullets but the Ice wires are about twice the size of A50. If I recall the A50 are still multi stranded but the strands are thicker.
Jan 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMC
jhorton,

That isn't as complicated as it looks or seems. I will start with the most rounded top section first. Wet the balsa pretty good and test the bend in your hands. Pre-bending is good for the wood anyway. Always have a few extra pieces available as some pieces resist the bending and will break. Once this piece is in place the rest are just slightly bent sides and easy to install. The factory sometimes installs the turtle deck in one piece but they are set up for the process. In our case a joint is not a problem.

I'll have pictures in the next few night of this work. I need to repair the bulkheads tonight.

RCMC
Using common household ammonia will really help with bending balsa.....just saying...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jan 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
Here's my edge...... still need to maiden it.... what is the best CG before I maiden it ? anyone !!

http://www.youtube.com/user/yankphan100?feature=mhee
Jan 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Here's my edge...... still need to maiden it.... what is the best CG before I maiden it ? anyone !!

4.5" - 5.25" from the root leading edge.
Jan 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Game on
Quote:

5 1/4" CG back from the leading edge of the wing is safe. For maiden, 5" would be even better.
Last edited by joesmith285; Jan 11, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Jan 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Quote:

NICE! The white prop with the red tips looks killer on your Edge.
Jan 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing and we can't wait to hear about the maiden.

-Buzzed

BTW, that prop is awesome! I'm getting one now.
Jan 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
It's a little pricey but man does it make the plane !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing and we can't wait to hear about the maiden.

-Buzzed

BTW, that prop is awesome! I'm getting one now.
Jan 11, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hey thanks... I'll give the 5" a try ... looks like tomorrow for a maiden... a bit windy today !! I'll fly my precision aerobatics planes in winds today .... but not a maiden !

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285
5 1/4" CG back from the leading edge of the wing is safe. For maiden, 5" would be even better.

Quick Reply