Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 07, 2012, 04:13 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Man, I would love to fly a plane set up by Joe. That must be amazing, perfect, and fun all wrapped into one.

I thought all 3dhs planes were that way
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2012, 05:48 PM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
split_s's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
I thought all 3dhs planes were that way
They are, but they're even more awesome if they're set up properly.
Sep 07, 2012, 06:07 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Bring some planes to Nall or a FLI and we'll get Joe right on it....
Sep 08, 2012, 12:09 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
I thought all 3dhs planes were that way
Yeah, you are right, but throw in a little of Joe's Magic CG and it would be awesome!

Hehe

Sep 08, 2012, 08:00 AM
KBDD TEAM PILOT
lb.man's Avatar
totally bummed out, charging batteries this morning getting ready for a day of flying. for some strange reason i decide to pull the cowl off and check the screws holding the x mount to the motor. and i notice that i i have thrown a magnet on my beautiful motor.
last week i watched my smoke system go up in smoke. now this. at least all the manufacturers that i deal with have awesome customer support.
Sep 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
rcdrum's Avatar
Any of you gas guys have a bolt-on electric motor box that they're not gonna use? I'm in need of one, please let me know. Thanks

RC
Sep 09, 2012, 04:21 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
So I'm getting tired of batterys. To convert electric to battery...running an ar6200, becpro, should just need a dle30, tank, dot, etc. then an a123 or simular for the ignition and rx? Maybe a life to run the whole thing? Gens-ace is driving me this way.

Can you run a dle30 straight from a life or is a a123 better? Size?

Thanks,
Rob
Sep 09, 2012, 04:38 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
So I'm getting tired of batterys. To convert electric to battery...running an ar6200, becpro, should just need a dle30, tank, dot, etc. then an a123 or simular for the ignition and rx? Maybe a life to run the whole thing? Gens-ace is driving me this way.

Can you run a dle30 straight from a life or is a a123 better? Size?

Thanks,
Rob
Since you already have the bec pro i would use 2s lipo. I would also get the tech aero ibec http://www.tech-aero.net/.
Sep 09, 2012, 05:14 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
May I suggest the OS gt33...
Last edited by Bivens; Sep 09, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Sep 09, 2012, 08:28 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
May I suggest the OS gt33...
yeah I looked at those,maybe more than I want to spend. More than a dle55 I just bought for the 87. da60 more than double but after flying Zed's 87 with a 55 it had plenty of power!

But ok another question, most run a 16oz tank in a 50cc, but my 72 came with a 16oz tank. Do yall run a 16 un a 30 and 50cc plane?
Sep 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
Since you already have the bec pro i would use 2s lipo. I would also get the tech aero ibec http://www.tech-aero.net/.
Ok per Mike I've got one ordere for the 87, we'll see how that one goes.

thanks,
rob
Sep 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
yeah I looked at those,maybe more than I want to spend. More than a dle55 I just bought for the 87. da60 more than double but after flying Zed's 87 with a 55 it had plenty of power!

But ok another question, most run a 16oz tank in a 50cc, but my 72 came with a 16oz tank. Do yall run a 16 un a 30 and 50cc plane?
8-12 oz is all that is needed for 30cc.
Sep 10, 2012, 12:10 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
yes.8 is OK...10 is plenty for 12-15min flights.
Sep 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I stated a couple of times, that I hoped to write a manual for the 74" Edge, but it just hasn't come to fruition....what I have done though is to write a couple of articles that might help to build any ARF....and I took a lot of pics while building my Edge....so...over my next few posts, a little info, and pics... I'll start with installing the hinges....

SteveT
Really nice info Steve. Someone should give you a hat!
Sep 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Thank you Jim....need to get somebody to take some pics of how to measure the stab to the wing though.....kind of hard to take those by myself....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 01:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 10:13 PM