Thread Tools
Nov 19, 2011, 10:53 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Brill 1's Avatar
I'm thinking the 74" Edge would be a great home for the Neu 1515/3D F HD6.7:1 I have laying around.

This is one sweet looking airplane!

Brill
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2011, 10:58 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
I'm gonna maiden it with my Rimfire 1.20 on 6s tomorrow.
AUW is 9lbs 9 ounces. Just slightly heavier than my Slick.
The Rimfire alone weighs 16 ounces.
I just wondering what the measurement is from the leading edge of the wing for the cg?
The wing tube is usually the center of cg?

I've got a cc bec pro inline with a 2 cell lipo set at 6 volts.
10-4 on the prop for 8s.

Here's a few pic's.

throw set ups:
aileron
low- 15 deg
high - 30 deg

Rudder
low - 30 deg
high - 45 deg

Elevator
low - 20 deg
high - 45 deg

Cory
Last edited by RC4x4; Nov 19, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Nov 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Brill 1's Avatar
Very nice install! Good luck on the maiden!
Nov 19, 2011, 11:14 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
I'm gonna maiden it with my Rimfire 1.20 on 6s tomorrow.
AUW is 9lbs 9 ounces. Just slightly heavier than my Slick.
The Rimfire alone weighs 16 ounces.
I just wondering what the measurement is from the leading edge of the wing for the cg?
The wing tube is usually the center of cg?

I've got a cc bec pro inline with a 2 cell lipo set at 6 volts.
10-4 on the prop for 8s.

Here's a few pic's.

Cory
I was told by Ben, in talking to him about the 55" Edges that due to the straight leading edge of the wing that Edges do not balance on the wing tube as do other 3DHS planes with a tapered wing. That said, I do not know what the balance point would be on the 74" Edge.

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Nov 19, 2011, 11:17 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphan
BUZZED !! Thanks so much.... just ordered a red one.... $50 flat rate shipping.... score !
Agghhhhhhhh! Do they have any left???

Nov 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo
I was told by Ben, in talking to him about the 55" Edges that due to the straight leading edge of the wing that Edges do not balance on the wing tube as do other 3DHS planes with a tapered wing. That said, I do not know what the balance point would be on the 74" Edge.

SteveT
Hmm. I think that's correct. I remember the 55'' Edge now was like that.
Ahh, I guess we'll put the pack in the forward position a little.


Cory
Nov 19, 2011, 11:19 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Agghhhhhhhh! Do they have any left???

What were doing? Should of jumped on one!


Cory
Nov 19, 2011, 11:20 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
I balance my 48" edge on the wing tube and it's perfect... I've never had a 30CC plane before so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Nov 19, 2011, 11:35 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar

stripes not match up


Is this suppose to be like this?
On the prototype the one main stripe matches up with each other where they meet. Not sure why there would be a gap on the cowl?




Cory
Nov 19, 2011, 11:38 PM
Registered User
yankphan's Avatar
Hi, i dont have the plane yet but does it require a pull pull system or servos direct to rudder ? Also 1 or 2 servos for elevator ? I cant seem tp find a manual online....
Nov 19, 2011, 11:39 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
Is this suppose to be like this?
On the prototype the one main stripe matches up with each other where they meet. Not sure why there would be a gap on the cowl?




Cory
Black magic marker...

Nov 19, 2011, 11:40 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
What were doing? Should of jumped on one!


Cory
Gonna' try n' get one on Monday here in Tempe. Wish me luck!

Nov 19, 2011, 11:40 PM
Team Hillbilly 🐘💨
bullittjeff's Avatar
There's a gap on the wingtips where the orange starts. But to answer your question I'm obviously not in the know on this one
Nov 19, 2011, 11:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
Is this suppose to be like this?
On the prototype the one main stripe matches up with each other where they meet. Not sure why there would be a gap on the cowl?

ya, prototype got it wrong... it's meant to be be same look as the wing tips as Manta mentioned, like as if the black stripes run behind the red and then slice through...
Nov 19, 2011, 11:44 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
Steve talked me into this puppy; http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Bru...Outrunner.aspx

250 watts/lb should make this Edge a blast on 6S 5000.

Woohoo!



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 01:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 10:13 PM