3DHS 74" Edge 540 - Page 242 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 28, 2012, 01:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edavis
What is a good starting point from the leading edge for the CG for a maiden flight?
The CG is about 4.5 - 5.25" back from the leading edge...start at the front, work your way back...

Found by using the "Search this Thread" tab...(it really does work)...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphan
Anyone have pics of the fuselage with a gas setup ? I'm assuming the throttle servo will be pretty close to the firewall ?
Yes, close....thanks for the finding the pic Pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000
ok i have to ask whats with the vent line with gas setups? seems like if your flying around inverted there would be an issue
is there like a one way valve or am i missing some thing?
No valve...you just run the line BACK past the rear end of the tank before running it down underneath to exit......it works well.

The placement of bringing the line past the rear of the tank just prevents spillage when you're handling the plane, picking it up, standing it on the nose, etc.....during handling.

Don't forget, in flight, there's ALWAYS air being drawn in the vent as fuel is exiting.....that keeps it from leaking out in flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphan
Does your spinner rub the cowl with vibration being so close ? I just fit my cowl on and it looks the same as yours.... I know this plane is built around the dle30... But man is it close.
Actually, it would've rubbed....I had set up the plane without washers....just the stock DLE30cc standoffs...and that's the proper spacing by design to the prop hub......BUT...when you tighten the spinner bolt, the backplate of the spinner I used flexes back some....and that's why it's too close in the photos. I added 2 washers on each standoff before maiden. Nice catch ....
Apr 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
Registered User
yankphan's Avatar
My spinner is VERY close to the cowl... But it doesn't rub... I can't believe it doesn't rub, that's how close it is. Ito windy to maiden but it came out great... Thanks for all your help fellas ! It just seems so much nicer as a gasser to me... Although the electric setup was nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHbj...e_gdata_player
Apr 29, 2012, 11:42 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
nice vid...can't wait for the maiden....

I should have a nice new prop to try out on mine this week.....

I got to fly Joe's E-74 this weekend.....it was nice and smooth, very easy to fly....but not stupid power like the OS33 on mine....Wamsy told me that Ctunder's 8s setup was indeed VERY much like stupid power....Joe's was milder than mine I thought.....Now I wanna drag-race Chris's 8s setup....

I love the 74.....and the 58 is nice too....
Apr 30, 2012, 08:46 AM
ProBro, 3D
gregory.da's Avatar
You have to love the Edge color scheme, motor sounds great, like it's ready to to a trip down the 1/4 mile drag strip. Beautiful airframe, and the pilot and cowling really make it pop! DG
Apr 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphan
My spinner is VERY close to the cowl... But it doesn't rub... I can't believe it doesn't rub, that's how close it is. Ito windy to maiden but it came out great... Thanks for all your help fellas ! It just seems so much nicer as a gasser to me... Although the electric setup was nice.
We need an actualy flying video. I've never seen that plane leave the ground!
Apr 30, 2012, 08:54 AM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
nice vid...can't wait for the maiden....

I should have a nice new prop to try out on mine this week.....

I got to fly Joe's E-74 this weekend.....it was nice and smooth, very easy to fly....but not stupid power like the OS33 on mine....Wamsy told me that Ctunder's 8s setup was indeed VERY much like stupid power....Joe's was milder than mine I thought.....Now I wanna drag-race Chris's 8s setup....

I love the 74.....and the 58 is nice too....
Mike mine is setup on 8s so in two weeks you can get a comparison
Apr 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
Registered User
steve400's Avatar
any idea when the next shipment of these is coming in i really need a red one
Apr 30, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Here is the collection from the ebay guy I've been getting the arms from. Purple is Futaba. All of these for just under $17, received in about a week.

I cut the long ones down as needed.


http://www.ebay.com/sch/servohorns95...&_trksid=p3686
Apr 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
bradhoke08's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve400
any idea when the next shipment of these is coming in i really need a red one
+1 me too
Apr 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
Mike mine is setup on 8s so in two weeks you can get a comparison
Drag race at Nall.....line em up... New carbon Mej 20x6 prop just came in...
Apr 30, 2012, 06:02 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
Drag race at Nall.....line em up... New carbon Mej 20x6 prop just came in...
can we fly this size plane at Nall? 71 slick/74 edge,etc? if so, this would be cool!
Im guessing electric flight line. Ive not been but had it in my head they only allowed 50cc or bigger at this event except at an electric flight line.
Apr 30, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
can we fly this size plane at Nall? 71 slick/74 edge,etc? if so, this would be cool!
Im guessing electric flight line. Ive not been but had it in my head they only allowed 50cc or bigger at this event except at an electric flight line.
Jason, Mike, and me flew them alot on the 3d line last year.
Apr 30, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
Drag race at Nall.....line em up... New carbon Mej 20x6 prop just came in...
Its on!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
Jason, Mike, and me flew them alot on the 3d line last year.
WOOT! thanks!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 03:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 11:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 03:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 02:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 11:13 PM