Apr 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo
I have found that these Dubro crimps are just a bit larger than the 4-40 hole, but the I.D. is perfect for 2mm bolts. So... I drill the arms to accept the crimps, and insert them into the arms, cut them to the thickness of the arms, and insert my 2mm bolts...works perfectly!!

SteveT

not a shabby idea
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 06:58 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
I'd keep a CLOSE eye on this...I predict it won't stay slop-free for too many flights. For sure I'd plan on trying to find the right ball-links for the proper bolts before too long. Let us know how it performs...particularly if you see a little slop start developing or if you find that you have to tighten regularly.....Just curious. Enjoy.

Nice arms.
I have been checking them very often. Both my 71 and 74 have links setup this way. The 71 has had 30+ flights setup like that. The ball link is rounded just enough to center the bolt in the servo arm hole. They still are nice and tight. The problem i was finding was that i couldnt find any tubing that didnt require me drilling out the servo arm to a larger diameter than the 2mm nut so it wouldnt hold anything but the spacer. I already had 3mm servo arms but could not find 3mm ball links locally. I probably should order some but its hard to when they are working how they are now.
Apr 12, 2012, 08:40 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
not a shabby idea
Thank you...it has worked well for me...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Apr 12, 2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn
I have been checking them very often. Both my 71 and 74 have links setup this way. The 71 has had 30+ flights setup like that. The ball link is rounded just enough to center the bolt in the servo arm hole. They still are nice and tight. The problem i was finding was that i couldnt find any tubing that didnt require me drilling out the servo arm to a larger diameter than the 2mm nut so it wouldnt hold anything but the spacer. I already had 3mm servo arms but could not find 3mm ball links locally. I probably should order some but its hard to when they are working how they are now.
TheKM,

I'm doing the same thing here and found the same thing lammbn did. I just took a quick look and I think on one I drilled another hole. But on the ailerons it has the larger hole but the ball fits perfectly in the hole just a bit and still has plenty of free movement. . And since the brass ball doesn't move(either set up), it should be good to go.

Looks like I need to adjust the angle of the aileron, but it works fine and I'm having to much fun flying this plane!!
Apr 13, 2012, 03:22 AM
oh yea about the DS610 servos they are the same as the Savox 1258TG
also the DS650 is the same as the Savox 1290MG
Savox OEMs for Align the new Align HV servos are the same as the Savox HVs as well
and they are all very good servos
im running the Savox 1258s on the cyclic of my 6HV and a 1290 on the tail
Apr 13, 2012, 07:46 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
I know this plane has been called tail heavy a few times, so I'm probably wasting time worrying about such things, BUT, do you think 2 of these batteries will be too heavy?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I building my plane with the Motrolfly 5320 motor, CC BEC Pro, and ZTW 120HV ESC (135g)

Thanks for the advice,

Gary
Apr 13, 2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
I know this plane has been called tail heavy a few times, so I'm probably wasting time worrying about such things, BUT, do you think 2 of these batteries will be too heavy?

I building my plane with the Motrolfly 5320 motor, CC BEC Pro, and ZTW 120HV ESC (135g)

Thanks for the advice,

Gary
I don't think they would be, I am using two 4S 45C 3800mAH packs in my 72" Extra, and I had to add three ounces of lead to get it to balance...but of course they are two different planes, so this is just conjecture on my part...

SteveT
Apr 13, 2012, 09:26 PM
Yeeah buddy!
I have 8s, 5000mah in mine sometimes....when I want to go really fast.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:45 PM
OOPS
thats weird,Randidly has a 4325 on 6s in one of these,I flew it in Fla a cple weeks ago and it didn't feel tail heavy to me..He does have his flight battery up front tho.
Edges I think can fool ya in how easy they go into the stall into thinking they are tail heavy?
Apr 14, 2012, 12:15 AM
KBDD TEAM PILOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-

Thanks for the advice,

Gary
5320 cc ice 100 cc bec pro 2 4s 4000 sky lipo's balanced at 5 1/8, batteries almost touching firewall.
Apr 14, 2012, 10:35 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb.man
5320 cc ice 100 cc bec pro 2 4s 4000 sky lipo's balanced at 5 1/8, batteries almost touching firewall.
Thanks for the info! I feel better about getting some of those batteries
Apr 14, 2012, 10:41 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
I have those on my 70. Work fine. Just a lot slower. 2 planes I have the 1258tg/ds610 on the rudder/elevator only. And check out the Align ds610 on Ebay. $55 each, same servo.
Rob,

I spent quite a bit of time hunting, and found 4 of the DS610 servos on Helifreak for $175 total shipped. One was brand new & sealed, the other 3 had less than 20 flights. Much cheaper than spending $240 on new 1258tg. Thanks very much for the advice!

Gary
Apr 14, 2012, 10:21 PM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
First time home in 6 weeks and get to pull the cob webs off mine. Is it just me or did it grow... Steve Tooo, I'll be in your neck of the woods in about two weeks or so. I'll have to bring my heli out to Tomcats.
Apr 14, 2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleared2Engage
First time home in 6 weeks and get to pull the cob webs off mine. Is it just me or did it grow... Steve Tooo, I'll be in your neck of the woods in about two weeks or so. I'll have to bring my heli out to Tomcats.
By all means.... I'll PM you my tele numbers....

SteveT
Apr 15, 2012, 08:58 AM
No one has more fun than me
I have to resist the urge to get the DA35 when it comes out and replacing my motrofly…. maybe not

Quick Reply