Nov 09, 2011, 05:20 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Video please....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2011, 05:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
... so you are making the trip on Saturday? Cool!
only reason it was off the cards was that it was so close to the JR indoor, but since I didn't go to that, then I reckon I can get there
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Nov 09, 2011, 05:24 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Question, all my 25% 8s set ups run 65a +/- with a watts up. I've been running a ice 100, I can save a few bucks and get an ice 75. Worth it? From the pictures they look about the same and I still have 10% more capacity than I need.

Thoughts?
I had an ice 80 HV,that wen tits up a couple weeks ago (smoked) Found a 75 ice regular in the shop and put it in so I could keep flying.No problems since I got it going.Several flights.Castle Creamations wont even answer my emails checking on the darn thing i sent in a week or so ago...Uggg.Getting quite irritated.

update:email came in from them finally lol..3-5 weeks for replacement unit.Im so glad it didnt kill my plane.
Last edited by Manta1; Nov 09, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Nov 09, 2011, 06:17 PM
Team 3DHS
ctunder77's Avatar
Glad you're going to make it down Arron!
Nov 09, 2011, 06:19 PM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I had an ice 80 HV,that wen tits up a couple weeks ago (smoked) Found a 75 ice regular in the shop and put it in so I could keep flying.No problems since I got it going.Several flights.Castle Creamations wont even answer my emails checking on the darn thing i sent in a week or so ago...Uggg.Getting quite irritated.
We had multiple 100HV's go bad this summer on new planes here at my club. I sent in a Ice 75 in for warranty a couple of weeks ago - no word from them yet.

I think Castle has a BIG problem on their hands, and they better respond quickly or their business may suffer greatly.
Nov 09, 2011, 09:12 PM
Stick banger
Ace4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
We had multiple 100HV's go bad this summer on new planes here at my club. I sent in a Ice 75 in for warranty a couple of weeks ago - no word from them yet.

I think Castle has a BIG problem on their hands, and they better respond quickly or their business may suffer greatly.
I imagine they're still slammed from the HV ESC recall. They're really slow with email, it was incredibly frustrating trying to figure out when they would get my 80HV back to me from the recall (took 7 weeks).
Nov 10, 2011, 08:43 AM
Righteous 87
Randidly's Avatar
Are they here yet???
Nov 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
I imagine they're still slammed from the HV ESC recall. They're really slow with email, it was incredibly frustrating trying to figure out when they would get my 80HV back to me from the recall (took 7 weeks).
call them. they always answer the phone when i call
Nov 10, 2011, 08:53 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
Are they here yet???



I need to decide on the motor now. I'm thinking the Hacker maybe on 8s forsure.
Think my Ice 100 should be fine, and was thinking of adding a Castle CC Cap Pack inline. Need to get batteries and a black spinner, then I'm ready to roll on this guy!


Cory
Nov 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
Are they here yet???
go to bed!
Nov 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
Registered User
Is anyone putting a DLE-30 in this plane? I'm looking for a home for mine but not if you have to hack away too much of the cowl to get it to fit.
Nov 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
I'm going dle30.....
Nov 10, 2011, 12:49 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
All right I think now I have everything. 6" 10-24 all thread. Going blind nuts this time. nylon lock nuts, extra jam nuts for the inside. GG warmed up.

Ready!
Nov 10, 2011, 12:50 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Brill 1's Avatar
GG? Grease Gun??
Nov 10, 2011, 12:54 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill 1 View Post
GG? Grease Gun??
That's for the tractor...you should know.

gorilla glue. flows a little better after it's been in your pocket a little while!!



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 01:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 10:13 PM