Nov 03, 2011, 10:30 AM
departure from controlled flt
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
I'll be doing my part, build on my silver scheme starts tomorrow... OS GT33 providing the horses...
Awesome!

I'll be waiting for your GT33 flight report before making a motor decision.

--
Larry
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2011, 10:50 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
Well.....look at that...no need to "Drill" props like a 4-bolt pattern....

Wow.....$420 at tower....I hope it's got the power.....over my soon-to-be-here DLE30.....

That may be like comparing a DA120 to DLE111......ya think?

You'll be the FIRST I know of with one of those motors....I'm very curious to hear what you think of it. According to the weight shown on the Specs section of tower's site vs. the weight of engine/ign/muff from the DLE30 manual, it'll be about 6oz heavier than a DLE.....that's not much if it's got the POWAH!!! You know we expect video soon...right....
yup, I'm curious about all this myself

I may have to round up a DLE to really compare...
Nov 03, 2011, 10:52 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala
The silver is lighter too. Something in the manufacturing process makes it lighter than most other colors, especially red.

Silver also resists deterioration from UV much better than other colors.

Silver is better.....it's science

+1 ...not to mention it's also the one that the chicks are clearly more attracted to... silver is the pantie-off plane, no doubt...
Artillery! King of Battle!
Sub'd

It's killing me that I'm going to have to wait until the next shipment to order mine!

But I did order a couple servos for the wings of my 103". On the deck, high speed passes are in my future!
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgalen
I really like the silver, but does it have red or orange trim? It looks like the prototype was orange (but it may just be my lousy computer)
tips are red
Nov 03, 2011, 10:53 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle72
So did I read this right, no Silver 58" Edge? Crying shame!
So is there a 58" thread started yet? I do believe I have found my next plane.

Matt
when they get closer to their ETA, when we have prototypes flying, etc etc... we'll get the thread going then
Nov 03, 2011, 10:54 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Quote:

Wow.....$420 at tower....I hope it's got the power.....over my soon-to-be-here DLE30.....

You'll be the FIRST I know of with one of those motors....I'm very curious to hear what you think of it. According to the weight shown on the Specs section of tower's site vs. the weight of engine/ign/muff from the DLE30 manual, it'll be about 6oz heavier than a DLE.....that's not much if it's got the POWAH!!! You know we expect video soon...right....
A friend of mine had lots and lots of trouble with his GT-55, and bad service from Hobby Services to boot. Despite occasional problems I think the DLE 30 may be the best 30cc option at the moment.
Nov 03, 2011, 11:14 AM
I used to be all thumbs...
Quote:

I've been curious about the OS Gassers.. Cant wait to see more.

As for the prop mount... YOu can buy a bolt on adapter for the DLE30 that will give you the same style prop mount, without having to drill the prop.

I've been wanting to try one out, but haven't pulled the plug yet.

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/d...er-dle-30.html
Nov 03, 2011, 11:16 AM
I used to be all thumbs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill 1
Sub'd

It's killing me that I'm going to have to wait until the next shipment to order mine!

But I did order a couple servos for the wings of my 103". On the deck, high speed passes are in my future!
Me too!!! I was all ready to pull the plug on this one, but I'm going to have to wait....

I don't foresee a great deal of flying time for me until after winter anyways... Hopefully by then I'll be caught up at work!! If not, surely they'll fire me by then, and I'll have plenty of flying time!!
Nov 03, 2011, 11:21 AM
customstandoffs
I saw a guy with a Saito 36cc 4-stroke gas engine in a Decathlon not long ago. The engine sounded great running. Used an NGK cm6 plug. Sounded more like a tractor instead of the zippy throttle response that I'm used to but I don't know how he had it propped.

$750 is a little steep for me though.
Nov 03, 2011, 11:21 AM
OOPS
Bahahaha silver is the pantie off plane aaaahahahHahahahah.
Nov 03, 2011, 11:22 AM
customstandoffs
Or the pantie pull down plane
Nov 03, 2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull
I've been curious about the OS Gassers.. Cant wait to see more.

As for the prop mount... YOu can buy a bolt on adapter for the DLE30 that will give you the same style prop mount, without having to drill the prop.

I've been wanting to try one out, but haven't pulled the plug yet.

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/d...er-dle-30.html
I know a guy who bought that single bolt prop adapter and he is very happy with it.
Nov 03, 2011, 03:40 PM
Scott Stoops
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
What's going on Scott. Got any pic's or info to share with us. Great job on the design of the Edge.

Cory
Good, busy, no added media, but I'm sure that you guys are going to love the airplane. Very solid design, and superb performance. You guys are going to love this one.

Scott
Nov 03, 2011, 07:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx
Good, busy, no added media, but I'm sure that you guys are going to love the airplane. Very solid design, and superb performance. You guys are going to love this one.

Scott
let us know when it's the Stoops off-season... should go flying some time

looking forward to loving this one. I got my 3D footing on the 47 Edge, I'm completely psyched about this one!

Quick Reply