Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 25, 2003, 09:12 AM
Speed Demon
Dr. E (Carlos) is an all around good guy. We've done a few trades before and never a problem. I looked a bit earlier and he still has one of the three combos available at a good price.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2003, 04:19 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Greg & Kevin, Thanks for the tip. I just made a deal with Dr.E for an F12. Looks my rebuilt Suprise 10 will fly.
Sep 25, 2003, 04:40 PM
Tragic case
Good luck Bernie
Sep 25, 2003, 05:18 PM
Yes, good luck!

The F12 works very well in a hotliner/F5B model with an RFM 15x15 on 12 cells. A bit bigger prop should do well if you're going to fly 10 cells.

Seeya,
Lenny
Sep 25, 2003, 06:38 PM
Flutter - I'm glad he still had one, and that you made a deal.
Greg - Carlos is indeed a good guy. I had bought a few things from him over the last few years. Ran into hin last year at NEAT, truely a nice guy in person too.
Sep 25, 2003, 10:50 PM
slope'n somewhere in the Andes
Quote:
Originally posted by Flutterbug
Greg & Kevin, Thanks for the tip. I just made a deal with Dr.E for an F12. Looks my rebuilt Suprise 10 will fly.
Excellent! -- Will you have it ready for our last F5Bish contest of the season on October 12?

Dieter Mahlein
http://shredair.com
Sep 26, 2003, 03:22 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
I am going to try to remember to post pictures of my repaired Surprise 10. I sat in front of the TV set last night with a syringe filled with CA. I poke through the top layer of glass and squirt a little CA in the crack then push the CA along the crack with my finger. This does about 1 1/2" per stick. After about a minute the crack is fixed. The only problem with this technique is a little CA comes out of the needle hole and gets on the wing surface. But this will be a learning plane so I am not too bothered.

When doing this I have this horrible fantasy about sticking myself with a hypo filled with CA. A really disturbing image.

What makes this work for me is local along with E-Zone support. There is a strong F5F/F5B community here that includes this weird little guy with a German accent and a very strange man that participats in US team trials that are ready and willing to help with my journey into speed. After I get the plane finished and test flown I hope I have enough nerve and skills to fly it.

(Oops, the weird little German guy responded before I could post this ) I don't know if I will be ready for the last contest of the year. I need to get the motor installed, battery packs built and learn how to fly it first. Perhaps, but I am trying to take is slow. I have already done too much test flying in contests, with not so good results.

Bernie
Last edited by Flutterbug; Sep 26, 2003 at 03:31 PM.
Sep 26, 2003, 03:47 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Speaking of weird little German Guys , Dieter, what would be a good learning prop for a Surprise 10 with 10 cells and an F12??
Last edited by Flutterbug; Sep 26, 2003 at 04:30 PM.
Sep 26, 2003, 04:49 PM
And if you don't mind a quick "off topic" What prop for an F-16/M260 16 Sub-C cells in a Supprise 2 ? If you don't mind Dieter.
Sep 26, 2003, 04:51 PM
Or 14 Sub C Cells while I'm getting the hang of it. ???
Sep 26, 2003, 05:15 PM
slope'n somewhere in the Andes
Quote:
Originally posted by Flutterbug
weird little guy
Hey, that's SLS (short little sh*t) to you, Mister...

S2 with F16/M260, seat-of-the-pants says 17x10 for thrust and 15x13 for speed. But for this combo, these GIGO-Calc programs may actually yield a usable result; check them for a second opinion.

Dieter Mahlein
http://shredair.com
Sep 26, 2003, 05:35 PM
BANNED!!!
the gigo calc programs were pretty much dead on for my readings on the my f5f setup. amazing really....
Sep 28, 2003, 02:10 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner

Repaired Suprise Pictures

Laid Out
Sep 28, 2003, 02:11 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
This the wing top repairs. Sorry about the picture, there was too much sunlight for my camera.
Sep 28, 2003, 02:12 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Oops, here is the wing top.