E-flyin Melbourne Florida - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 08, 2003, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kelvin
What planes is everyone bringing?

I'll be bringing my E3D, Sport E-Stik, and maybe my Kyosho Spitfire.

Hope I have room in the van for the family

Kelvin
I'm gonna rent a U Haul to bring my planes down...Steve Duke (SEFF soundman) and I are making the trip together....he should have some cool stuff too...

I'll have:

The Quest
Kadet Senior
X Ray Hotliner
Beoing P-26 Peashooter (it's almost done)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2003, 02:45 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally posted by kelvin
What planes is everyone bringing?

I'll be bringing my E3D, Sport E-Stik, and maybe my Kyosho Spitfire.

Hope I have room in the van for the family

Kelvin

I won't be bringing my Sport E-Stik. I lost it this weekend due to a bad radio glitch on it's third flight. More room for the family in the van now. I better not fly anymore until I get there. I almost lost my E3D this weekend also due to a mid-air. The rudder got taken off clean but luckily the E3D flew well enough to land with only it's short stubby vertical stab.

Kelvin
Dec 08, 2003, 09:38 PM
This space for rent
I'll be bringing the Giles 3-D, Formosa, LaSoar sail plane, Kwik E, Zagi Zilla,and if I get the re-build done in time the Watts. Might even work up the time to cover one of these Tantrums. Guess we better rent a big trailer

Steven
Dec 08, 2003, 09:44 PM
can i bring kwik-e too?
Dec 09, 2003, 04:52 PM
Product Manager at Hobbico
I'll have a couple kwik-e's there, mike weiss should have his, there are more in the club, maybe we could chase each other around a bit
Latest blog entry: blog
Dec 09, 2003, 07:45 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
I'll bring my Kwik-e also. I'm going to try it with a 2s4p TP 7.8 pack. I'll save 5oz over my 7 cell 2600 pack.

Kelvin
Dec 09, 2003, 08:16 PM
Extra 330L
I can't wait.. I hope I can bring my new project down there!

Rob
Dec 10, 2003, 01:10 PM
Does it cost anything for spectators ?
Dec 10, 2003, 08:55 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Spectators have to make runs for food and drinks for the pilots

Kelvin
Dec 10, 2003, 09:04 PM
kelvin what is your's weight on kwik-e?
paul
Dec 10, 2003, 11:35 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
I use a Jeti 15/3, Graupner 8x4 folder and with 7 2600s it weighs about 35 - 36oz. I'm going to stuff in a TP 2s4p 7.8 pack. The plane weighs 30.5 oz AUW with this pack. I haven't flown it with this pack yet so I don't know how it will perform. It puts out about 33 amps. I'm using a Castle Creations Phoenix 45 in it.

I can barely balance it. I have the pack shoved forward as far as it can go and the ESC postition by the LE former. Its a good thing the Graupner prop hardward is heavy. Should be interesting.

Kelvin
Dec 15, 2003, 04:03 PM
Extra 330L
..............so are there lots of hotels around or is Gary putting us all up at his house

Rob
Dec 15, 2003, 10:41 PM
Baymont Suites.....it's about 1/2 mile from the field....that's headquarters for the weekend....
Dec 15, 2003, 10:49 PM
shut up & fly
can a large EDF ROG from that field ?
Dec 16, 2003, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by hoser
can a large EDF ROG from that field ?
Hope so - I'll be there . I spoke with Gary and after watching my stuff ROGrass at NEAT he thinks I'll have no problems. So, come on over.