Sep 22, 2003, 10:07 AM
Whirled Peas
Thread OP

Sig Fazer worth the build time?

I'm currently flying a ProTwister. I've got a Fazer kit under the stairs that I was intending an Irvine 36 w/Ultrathrust but I've been told the Fazer won't hold a candle to the Twister.

Thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2003, 04:10 PM
Yes the fazer is worth the time to build if you want a great flying sport plane. It hovers well but does not knife edge well or do good spins.Great flying airplane. You need a os 46 fx on it at least a 36 will not do it. Later
Oct 04, 2003, 09:53 PM

SIg fazer

If you want a funner flying airplane inlarge the ale rudder and elev you will fly 3-D much better. Add small 45 -50 4 stroke and have a blast. #429 Pro Bro
Oct 04, 2003, 10:00 PM

pic 2

PIc is worth 1000 words #2 *(rudder)
Oct 04, 2003, 10:02 PM

pic 3 airframe

last one airframe (3)
Oct 06, 2003, 09:04 PM
Whirled Peas
Thread OP
Am I right in that the Fazer won't be near as capable as my ProTwister?
Oct 07, 2003, 11:51 PM
You are right it would not be as capable. I have had both and the pro twister is a lot better then the fazer for fun fly stuff. I liked the fazer a lot though. Fun airplane to do real low and fast pass down the runway. The airplane held together fine at high speeds. And being a speed guy I had it hauling butt a lot and no flutter.
Oct 17, 2003, 12:13 PM
Tork it or Dork it
Quote:
Originally posted by sircrashalotnot
Yes the fazer is worth the time to build if you want a great flying sport plane. It hovers well but does not knife edge well or do good spins.Great flying airplane. You need a os 46 fx on it at least a 36 will not do it. Later

My fazer does very well knife edge. I can even do knife edge loops with it. It does inverted flat spins, but cant get it quite to do an upright one. I only have a webra 32 in mine with a pipe, 10x3. Flies great. Hover awesome and pulls right out of it. I've been flying my fazer for 7 years now.
Oct 20, 2003, 02:47 PM
Well maybe your super pilot or somthing because I have flown four of them and they all fly the same. My was built very light and flew the way I described it. And I have flown my now for 5 years.
May 17, 2009, 09:38 PM

Sig Fazer worth the build ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircrashalotnot
Well maybe your super pilot or somthing because I have flown four of them and they all fly the same. My was built very light and flew the way I described it. And I have flown my now for 5 years.

I have heard that a very usefull mod is to add 1/2" to 3/4" extra to the rudder .... have you done that to any of yours?
May 18, 2009, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribstitch
I have heard that a very usefull mod is to add 1/2" to 3/4" extra to the rudder .... have you done that to any of yours?
Dude, you responded to a 5 1/2-year old thread. I suspect he's moved on from his issue with the Fazer.
May 18, 2009, 01:33 PM
Whirled Peas
Thread OP
As a matter of fact, yes. But I did add extra rudder to it, and did enjoy it for two seasons before selling it to a friend.

I built it fairly light, covered it with the boxart colour scheme, and powered it with the Irvine 36. Hovered fine, but capabilities were more like a Somethin' Extra than my Pro Twister. I still have my ProTwister, btw. Definitely a more capable ff airframe.
Jun 07, 2009, 11:34 PM
What a hobby!
I took my Sig Fazer out tonight. Flights #196 and 197. It sat for a couple years (broken) or it would have more flights on it. I built it in 2000. OS 46 SF. One of the best planes I have ever built and flown. It can do knife edge. Spins are not great. Snap rolls are not great either, but inverted tumbles look really neat with this plane. Fly straight and level but inverted, on low rates, give it hard left rudder and at the same time give it full down and left aileron. Hold it there until you are back to the attitude it started at. I have pylon raced it and had no flutter or any other problems. I love to fly it in the winter off snow or ice with skis on it.

Quick Reply