New "TOBA" F3B/F from RCRCM available through www.soaringusa.com - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 04, 2011, 06:33 PM
Registered User

Greeting from Argentina!!


Hi Friends!!!

I am Carlos Pisarello the Toba´s Designer...If you have some question about the toba please let me know!!

Greeting from Argentina!!


moro

msn:moropisarello@hotmail.com
skype: moropisarello
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2011, 09:31 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
I'm glad that you have subscribed to the build thread, Carlos. Welcome to RC Groups!

I do have a questions about the plane, especially the ballast system.

1. What is the furthest forward, and furthest aft CG that has been used on your Toba design?

2. Do you have a method of adding ballast to the wing slots and wing joiner, to keep the CG in the right place?

3. Which style of tow hook have you used, to allow it to fit with the ballast tube in the fuse?
No tow hook came in the kit I recieved, I think they may have just forgotten to include it.

4. Do you recommend a bulkhead from foam with bearings installed mid-boom for the push rods that the kit comes with?
4a. Can I save weight in the tail by using a "snake" system instead, with @ 1.4mm CF inner rods?

Any help appreciated, sir!


R,
Target
Nov 04, 2011, 09:36 PM
Aussie F3K Team
Hi Moro,
It is nice to hear from the designer of the plane
Can you let me know your philosophy for the design or choice of the airfoil? Was it chosen for any particular strengths and do you know how it compares to other planes (either in theory or practice)?.
Thanks
Marcus
Nov 10, 2011, 03:11 AM
Registered User
Hi, What Batteries to use in the Toba ? I think I will be using Nicads.. what size batteries & what pack format ?.. will a 5 cell sub C pack fit ?..
Cheers
Ian (impatiently waiting for my new toy )
Nov 10, 2011, 06:27 AM
Registered User
f3f-f3b's Avatar
Hi Ian I've had my toba for three months now and still have not started it
Got it to use as a slope hack to fly at CONTO'S
Last edited by f3f-f3b; Aug 31, 2015 at 07:54 AM.
Nov 10, 2011, 12:10 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Thompson
Hi, What Batteries to use in the Toba ? I think I will be using Nicads.. what size batteries & what pack format ?.. will a 5 cell sub C pack fit ?..
Cheers
Ian (impatiently waiting for my new toy )
Ian-

I really doubt that a 5 cell Sub-C pack will fit in the nose, its actually pretty narrow and slim.
Probably a 5 cell pack of 2/3A cells will, in the normal configuration;
IIII- or III-- and, I think probably a Hyperion LiFe 1450 as well.

I will check for you today a bit later and report back so you can buy gear.

I'm actually off to Soaring USA today to do the same.

Kyle! send me some servos so I can build this thing!

R,
Target
Nov 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Ian-

Here are the pics I promised you..... Looks like a 1/2 Sub-C pack would fit, if configured like this: ll--

I only had a "flat pack" laying around of the 1/2 Sub-C's. Best fit is the 2/3A linke this: lll-

The LiFe Hyperion 1450 pack needs to be back a bit from the nose. Check the pics.

R,
Target
Nov 15, 2011, 12:24 AM
Registered User
Servos should be arriving to your door step in a day or two Sir Target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Ian-

I really doubt that a 5 cell Sub-C pack will fit in the nose, its actually pretty narrow and slim.
Probably a 5 cell pack of 2/3A cells will, in the normal configuration;
IIII- or III-- and, I think probably a Hyperion LiFe 1450 as well.

I will check for you today a bit later and report back so you can buy gear.

I'm actually off to Soaring USA today to do the same.

Kyle! send me some servos so I can build this thing!

R,
Target
Nov 15, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User
2/3 A `s & 2/3 sub C`s have been purchased..not really fussed about NIMH batteries..
Nov 15, 2011, 04:23 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson
Servos should be arriving to your door step in a day or two Sir Target!
Thanks buddy!

R,
Target
Nov 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
4 wheels move a body; 2 a soul
I dont see this plane on SUSA site. Is it there and Im just missing it?
Walter
Nov 16, 2011, 09:58 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Bob says he's working on the SUSA web site right now, Walter.

You can call Annette or Gary for pricing and availability.

R,
Target
Nov 17, 2011, 05:47 PM
Bro
Bro
Registered User
Bro's Avatar

Toba


Walter,
In stock, 1150, for carbon version.
Lots of new models coming on site here in the next week or so!
Best,
Bob
Latest blog entry: 2015
Nov 22, 2011, 09:05 PM
Registered User
T did you get the servos?
Nov 22, 2011, 09:30 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Yes thank you.


Thread Tools