Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:03 AM
Find More Posts by Trnquill
Discussion

How to control brushless ESC with Mach3 PWM?

I just recently got a cheap 3-axis CNC and I'm looking into upgrading the spindle part with a brushless motor. I have already collected (or at least ordered) most of the parts (motor, ESC, collet, power supply) but I would like to make my spindle Mach3 controllable. This means I need some sort of electronics in between my printer port and ESC to convert the PWM signal Mach3 produces suitable to ordinary brushless ESCs (1...2ms). Any ideas?

I know there is a ready commercial product that's doing exactly what I want, it's called RCNC: http://www.logicnc.com/rcnc.html Unfortunately I have not been able to reach the manufacturer and I need to do that in order to ask for a shipping quote to Finland.

Furthermore I found a youtube video that shows exactly what I need and even suggest the implementation is extremely simple with a single PIC and few other components:
Mach3 to brushless ESC PWM converter (1 min 40 sec)

Unfortunately, again, I can not contact the user who posted the vid, youtube says "Channel not available".

So, does anyone of you have any ideas or actual implementations for this scenario? I know the solution is really simple (converting PWM signal from Mach3 to 1...2ms PWM signal with a PIC) but as I know nothing about programming PICs nor the PWM signal coming from Mach3, I'm quite lost.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by LOGICNC.COM

RCNC controller

Hello Trnquill,

I wasn't able to contact you via the email that was input to our contact form on the website. It was returned 3 times saying it was undeliverable. Sorry for the confusion.

The shipping is $9.99 to Finland (and actually anywhere else in the world)...if you wanted to make a purchase you can just use the link on the webpage (it adds $9.99 for shipping).

If I can be of any assistance please let me know. You can contact me directly at info@LOGICNC.COM

Chris
@LOGICNC.COM
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by Trnquill
Now THAT I call customer service! Thanks! Must have typoed my email...

Ordered!