Which RX is compatible with the Devo 7? - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 18, 2012, 06:46 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
I just tested and the RX802 binds no problem out of the box to the Devo7.
Just plug the BEC/ESC into THRO, a servo in to ELEV/AILE/RUDD whatever and power up the TX then RX - no problems.

I tried first with Devo 7 -- OK
then with Devo 8 -- OK
then again with Devo 7 -- OK (to check if binding a 6 digit random code then a 5 caused any issues - apparently not)
Which makes it even weirder that your rx801 doesn't bind in exactly the same way.

Devo 6,7,8,10 or 12 should not matter at all.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
I just tested and the RX802 binds no problem out of the box to the Devo7.
Just plug the BEC/ESC into THRO, a servo in to ELEV/AILE/RUDD whatever and power up the TX then RX - no problems.

I tried first with Devo 7 -- OK
then with Devo 8 -- OK
then again with Devo 7 -- OK (to check if binding a 6 digit random code then a 5 caused any issues - apparently not)
and what is your Devo7 firmware version?
Mar 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
and what is your Devo7 firmware version?
v0.1A
Mar 23, 2012, 11:53 AM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
v0.1A
thank you. the reason to ask is because I've ordered rx802 and already have Devo7 with 0.1A firmware. Awaiting Align TRex 450 Sport V2 to use with it. Have you used bind-plug in order to make it bind - or it is so simple as you have described here?
Mar 23, 2012, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
thank you. the reason to ask is because I've ordered rx802 and already have Devo7 with 0.1A firmware. Awaiting Align TRex 450 Sport V2 to use with it. Have you used bind-plug in order to make it bind - or it is so simple as you have described here?
With the 802, I just plugged a motor+ESC with BEC and a servo into the RX, turned on TX, plugged battery to ESC and it bound without any trouble.

The bind plug is, in my experience, only required to reset the RX after using a Fixed ID.
May 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
Registered User

Mine is working fine!


Hey guys,

Just binded my Devo 7 V0.1A with a RX-801 with two different ESCs.

One is a walkera ESC and binding took about 2 seconds. With a hobbyking ESC, it worked fine too.

Going to order some more.

Cheers.
May 06, 2012, 08:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenaud
Hey guys,

Just binded my Devo 7 V0.1A with a RX-801 with two different ESCs.

One is a walkera ESC and binding took about 2 seconds. With a hobbyking ESC, it worked fine too.

Going to order some more.

Cheers.
You didn't bind it to a Devo 8, 10 or 12 beforehand I guess. I wonder if it's a 5 digit code vs 6 digit code difference... anyway good for you.
May 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Thatīs correct. I got a new RX801 from the box and binded it directly with the Devo 7.

I am using RANDOM ID, and when I try with FIXED ID I will post the results.

Cheers.
May 10, 2012, 03:47 AM
Registered User

Devo 7 and RX2610S


Can anyone advise if its possible to bind the RX2610S receiver with the DEVO 7 transmitter?

many thanks
May 10, 2012, 04:09 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcopter
Can anyone advise if its possible to bind the RX2610S receiver with the DEVO 7 transmitter?

many thanks
No. rx2610s can't bind to Devo 7. only walkera rx /w suffix D like rx2622V-D can bind to devo tx.
May 10, 2012, 05:47 AM
Registered User
Appreciate the quick reply.
May 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
You didn't bind it to a Devo 8, 10 or 12 beforehand I guess. I wonder if it's a 5 digit code vs 6 digit code difference... anyway good for you.
That really doesn't make any sense though as it changes nothing to the receiver and obviously both are compatible. When clearing the fixed ID it really deletes any information, whether 5 or 6 digits. It's also the same firmware that controls all Devo type receivers, so there's no reason for the Devo 7 not to bind. Bear in mind that the Devo 7 binding with the RX802 also uses only 5 digits for fixed ID, so there's no difference there...
Last edited by PHMX; May 11, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
May 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
Registered User
I agree. Maybe I have an older RX801 and they made a V1.1 firmware but I have no way to check.
Anyway, it seems that the D7 might well be compatible with all Rx-D now.
May 13, 2012, 10:41 AM
Registered User
It's looking like it might well be my RX801. It doesn't appear to pair with another Devo TX either.
May 13, 2012, 11:44 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
It's looking like it might well be my RX801. It doesn't appear to pair with another Devo TX either.
Hmm I don't understand, didn't you claim it binding to a Devo 8?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Fs: Mint- ko propo pds-2123 7.2-7.4v lipo compatible servo sir Cars - Accessories (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2011 05:11 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 01:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 12:38 PM
For Sale Spektrum DX5e with DSM2 compatible AR6110 like rx *PENDING* justplainold Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 02, 2011 07:38 PM
Off Site Hitec 7-channel RX, Airtronics compatible, on ebay jim breese Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jun 08, 2011 01:23 AM