Nov 07, 2012, 05:41 PM
Throw it like you hate it
Yes, the Polaris is an incredible plane and it's contest track record is proving this. The Polaris actually took the top two places in the prelims at our last Blue Skies contest. It would have taken the top two in the flyoffs as well because other than one land-out, Donnie was on fire in the flyoffs and would have taken the win in both the prelims and flyoff. The Polaris also had five slots in the flyoffs this year, more than any other plane. It was cool seeing so many in the air during the flyoffs. I can't say enough good things about this plane. This last contest was also special for both Donnie and me; it was our Polaris' birthday! They debuted last year at this very contest. Really cool! Thanks to MMT for providing such an amazing aircraft. Send more please
Paul
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mike M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPC
Yes, the Polaris is an incredible plane and it's contest track record is proving this. The Polaris actually took the top two places in the prelims at our last Blue Skies contest. It would have taken the top two in the flyoffs as well because other than one land-out, Donnie was on fire in the flyoffs and would have taken the win in both the prelims and flyoff. The Polaris also had five slots in the flyoffs this year, more than any other plane...
Actually I think 6 of the 10 pilots in the BSoAZ F-offs were flying Polaris. In order of finish: 1-Paul, 4-Mike M, 5-Jon P, 6-Donnie, 8-Mike S, 10-Jon F.

Yes, it is a superb glider!
Nov 07, 2012, 07:10 PM
Throw it like you hate it
I think Jon Padilla was flying his Twister 3 in the flyoffs. It was easy to mistake though. They look quite similar when they are high up. I mistook Jon's T3 for Seid's Polaris once. It was quite funny aftwards. I kept telling Seid to go deeper because there was a plane out farther that was killing it in good air. Later when Seid landed he told me that his plane was the deeper one. I guess that's why the plane I was calling for didn't go deeper. Sorry, Seid

But we can all agree the Polaris had a great showing last weekend. Quite a remarkable airplane.
Paul
Nov 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
Mike M.
Ah, I think you're right. It was the T3. My bad.

Sounds like my light layup will be shipping from Bruce's next week
Nov 15, 2012, 05:05 AM

2.4 spektrum receiver

Hello
When using the 2.4 Spektrum receiver are you guys putting the antenna outside or inside the fuse?
Charles
Latest blog entry: Tuff season
Nov 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
Team ATX Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indgroove
Hello
When using the 2.4 Spektrum receiver are you guys putting the antenna outside or inside the fuse?
Charles
I have them inside I use ATX. With Spektrum I would go outside like they recommend. These planes cost to much to take chances.
Donnie
Nov 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
Jeff Carr
I have mine on the inside too. ATX also. I'm sure Bruce has his on the inside. The fuse has plenty of wiggle room to get good placement of the antennas. Just make sure you get the 90 degree orientation

Jeff
Nov 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
What is ATX?
Nov 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Where did my plane go???
Quote:
What is ATX?
Airtronics setup...

HUGH
Nov 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Airtronics??
Nov 15, 2012, 09:11 PM
Bob W
Quote:
Hello
Charles
I use the Spekturm Ar6255 and run my antennas inside. With the nose area being kevlar and free of carbon allows the 2.4 to pass without issue.
Bob
Nov 15, 2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHARRIS
Airtronics setup...

HUGH
Oh, okay, Thanks.
Nov 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Great photo explaination. I have some similar repairs to do on a used Polaris I picked up. Unfortunately, a previous repair by the previous owner is a little more serious. I believe I have damaged top spar on the outboard wing. It's near the servo pocket so I'm hoping to use that as an access point to the inside of the wing and make the repair with a splint across the damaged section.
Nov 22, 2012, 02:54 PM

Wow!!!

Finally flew the Polaris. I have a used Swedish team ship . WOW!!! This ship climbs and flys great. Rudderless in no problem. It flies like moonshine, smooth.
I now understand why most wear a glove to launch. I cut my finger on the wing tip launching. Now have modify golf glove for launch hand.
Can't wait for tomorrow to go fly some more.
Charles

Quick Reply