Oct 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Plug-in module for older Futaba FP-8SSAP Single-stick 8ch TX?

I have an older Futaba FP-8SSAP Single-stick transmitter, on 72MHz. It has a plug-in module in the side, that lets it change frequencies. I'd imagine that most such modules intended for it, are all in the 72MHz band.

Does anyone know if there is a plug-in module that will let it transmit on 2.4GHz?

It has an oddball PCM-512 modulation scheme. Even among 72MHz receivers, there are only a few Futaba ever made that work with it. This oddball scheme might mean, that even if I could find a 2.4GHz module for the transmitter, there might not be any 2.4GHz receiver made that can decode the signal. I frankly don't know.

You classic-radio gurus out there, can you help me out?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
AA4AH
Well, it has a trainer port, so you might be able to use the ppm off of that for a 2.4 module. Otherwise, you'll need a new encoder board. Might wanna check this out. http://mstar2k.com/index.php?option=...blog&Itemid=11 I know radio south converts them.

Quick Reply