Dec 08, 2012, 10:27 AM
The 270A while slow is a very nice flyer. Fly it anyware you want and go for precision landings. Many ways to enjoy it. Velvet smooth and nice banked turs etc. The 260A is more agressive and smooth also. My 260A has xtreme l/g and works well. Even funky TX works fine and has dual rates. Newbies will find 260A a lot to handle. Its nice to fly both and just enjoy them. If you want a hot heli get a Walkrea Super F/P fbl/ MSR-X. They are fast agile and a handful. Terrible in ground affect a c/p handles better.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2012, 05:45 AM
I love FPV!
My Solopro 270 is basically useless since I got it. Won't go forwards fast at all. Infact, won't really go forwards, unless I am turning. Is there a fix?
Dec 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
NE solo free spirit V2
Maybe it is tail heavy? You could check the centre of gravity of your heli.
Dec 17, 2012, 10:28 AM
hello. im into this topic since it started, and i havent seen a reply for my question:
When im adding the throttle, the engine starts when the throttle is 7%. Is it normal?? or can i fix it somehow? My friend has a Trex100, and it is running smoothly from the 1% throttle.

The second thing is, that i have equiped my 270A with xtreme parts, and i must say it is more stable, and the flybar more more persistent. And the good thing about it is the abillity of changing weight on it, so with the full weight it gains stability during the outside flying.
Dec 20, 2012, 05:38 PM
i change my question, because i know that i can trim the throttle, that it starts with 1%,
but i would like to know, why 270a even on low rates at the 1% throttle is behaving like it would like to go up just in the same moment, and trex100 for example starts smooth and is standing still at 1%, and starts beeing unstable on the ground after 5 or 6% ??
is this the lack of adjusting the curves on the TX ?? or is this only my version ?
Dec 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
My Solopro 270 is basically useless since I got it. Won't go forwards fast at all. Infact, won't really go forwards, unless I am turning. Is there a fix?
Check if the links between and swash and head are on the longest balls, I've seen some 270s being shipped with the links on the shorter balls, reducing swash action. Also, check if you don't have excess vertical play on the main shaft, if you you, part of the servo movement when going forward, is being used to pull the shaft down before the swash starts moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dywanesko
hello. im into this topic since it started, and i havent seen a reply for my question:
When im adding the throttle, the engine starts when the throttle is 7%. Is it normal?? or can i fix it somehow? My friend has a Trex100, and it is running smoothly from the 1% throttle.

The second thing is, that i have equiped my 270A with xtreme parts, and i must say it is more stable, and the flybar more more persistent. And the good thing about it is the abillity of changing weight on it, so with the full weight it gains stability during the outside flying.
The throttle curve on the J4 transmitter is a little odd. It goes to hover rpm pretty fast, then reduces the response for the middle section of the throttle stick's movement, and then the response gets faster as throttle is increased. It's not as linear as on the 260. Benefit is, it's easier to maintain altitude as the throttle is less twitchy around hover rpm, but as a result it's less smooth above and below hover rpm.
Jan 04, 2013, 05:07 AM
Master of the world !

270 + 911...

Hi guys,

I'm not posting very often here... but I'm reading a lot...
I'm the proud owner of a SoloPro 270 for one month.
This litlle heli flies perfectly, is strong enough (never broke anything on it), but like others, I think it isn't fast enough, especially when flying outdoors with very little wind.
So, after having read this long post, I ordered a WL 911 (combo) at Banggood (was shipped yesterday), and I'll install the RX on my 270.
I will try to bind it with my children radios too (Turnigy 6) just too see if that's possible...
And I will put the 270 RX on the 911, so my children can use it too (and let me play with the 270 )
Jan 04, 2013, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
Did you check if the links from swash to blades are already on the longer balls on the swash? That's an easy way to get more cyclic and forward speed. Also, shifting the battery forward or adding a little weight in the nose will help. The 270 is a little tail heavy, less than the Bravo SX or V911, but still. The 260 has more weight in the front, and as a result is much zippier in forward flight.

If the Turnigy 6 is the new transmitter, I doubt it will bind, they changed protocol between 9x and newer transmitters...
Jan 04, 2013, 08:08 AM
Master of the world !
Yes, the links to the blades are already on the longer arms of the swashplate...
I played a little with subtrims, but if I can go fast forward, I can't have speed on rear trajectories...

It doesn't matter if the 6X can't bind with 911 RX, I planned to use the 911 TX anyways.
I'll giving news here when I'll receive the 911...
Jan 04, 2013, 09:39 AM
Master of the world !
Another thing, SoloProFan :
What do you think about using flybar paddles instead of weights, like that ?
I saw this mod on the WL911 thread...

post #1000...
Jan 05, 2013, 03:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugpat
Another thing, SoloProFan :
What do you think about using flybar paddles instead of weights, like that ?
I saw this mod on the WL911 thread...

post #1000...
Haven't seen it used on the 270 before, if I recall well. It's not a drop in fit like the mSR flybar on the V911, as I understand. But I believe Xtreme has seperate mSR paddles for their CF flybar for the mSR, those will be a lot easier to fix on the 270 flybar.
Jan 05, 2013, 07:03 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Haven't seen it used on the 270 before, if I recall well. It's not a drop in fit like the mSR flybar on the V911, as I understand. But I believe Xtreme has seperate mSR paddles for their CF flybar for the mSR, those will be a lot easier to fix on the 270 flybar.
Well, here is my take on it:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...591898&page=12

Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jan 09, 2013, 04:41 AM
Master of the world !
Very interesting...
For the moment, I'm waiting for the V911, and after having installed his RX in the 270, I'll see if I'll try the paddle mod...
Jan 09, 2013, 08:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
Interesting. Though this is done on a V911/270 hybrid it appears to be worthwhile. What were the exact improvements on flight? And did you also try a stock 270 head on your V911 before doing this flybar mod to paddles?
Jan 09, 2013, 10:58 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Interesting. Though this is done on a V911/270 hybrid it appears to be worthwhile. What were the exact improvements on flight? And did you also try a stock 270 head on your V911 before doing this flybar mod to paddles?
You mean because of the weighted flybar ... or why else? I tried the V911 with the stock (complete) head, but the weighted flybar - which is as flexible as the original one - plus the fact that the V911 main shaft is a tad shorter than the SP270 main shaft makes it even more prone to get flybar strikes than original (and that is already bad in my book). So for the V911, if you do NOT want to go with the CF one, it is not really the most brilliant idea ...
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...

Quick Reply