Dec 24, 2011, 06:39 AM
KJ4YNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben
Would it be possible to weigh al the parts as they come, unassembled?
So including all the hardware that comes in the box. I'm curious on the "empty" weight.

Gerben
I'll try to remember to do that next week before I get busy assembling.

--
Tom
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2011, 07:27 AM
Mine is on the way but I guess the big brown airplane delivery truck is busy!! Could one of you lucky guys measure the length of the box it was delivered in? I need to see if it will fit in the back of my truck. Zippi, I still haven't decided on the SYSSA or the Saito 150. I change my mind about 3 times per day!!!

Thanx!!
Dec 24, 2011, 07:53 AM
KJ4YNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler747
Mine is on the way but I guess the big brown airplane delivery truck is busy!! Could one of you lucky guys measure the length of the box it was delivered in? I need to see if it will fit in the back of my truck. Zippi, I still haven't decided on the SYSSA or the Saito 150. I change my mind about 3 times per day!!!

Thanx!!
The shipping box is 11" x 19" x 69"
Dec 24, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
I change my mind about 3 times per day!!!

Thanx!!

I'm glad I'm not alone in that. Saito FG-36? DLE30?
Dec 24, 2011, 10:28 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Beware...the DLE is a shaker. I know all single cylinder engines are, but the DLE 30's I have seen in side by side comparisons with other similar sized gassers (Syssa, Zenoah..) the DLE's beat the fool out of airframes.

Strange, cause their 50cc and 100cc class engines are pretty smooth..
Dec 24, 2011, 11:17 AM
Mark
I have a couple Evolution 26cc gassers that run pretty smooth and quiet. Excellent engines in my estimation.
Dec 24, 2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert
I have a couple Evolution 26cc gassers that run pretty smooth and quiet. Excellent engines in my estimation.
The Evolution engines are incredible. They hit a home run for cost vs. Performance. You know, it'd hard to belive how far we have come with gassers....I still remember ordering conversion kits with cut down flywheels and prop adapters for the old Ryobi 31cc engines...
Dec 24, 2011, 02:10 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Quote:

Thanx!!
I know what you mean. Just tose a coin and if it comes up Saito 150 tose it again .
Dec 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
Thanx for the dimensions RCP. The box will fit in my truck, but don't know what's going to happen once I get her put together!?!? Maybe a new Leer cap is in my future!!

Zippi, that coin flipping comment was the best laugh I had all day!!! I tried calling Syssa Wed, Thur and Fri but no answer and their voice mail was full. If someone would have answered, I probably would have bought the engine. Now I just have more time to think about it...and keep flipping the coin!!

Thanx for your help Guys and Merry Christmas!!
Dec 24, 2011, 05:09 PM
Oiler...if you have a full size truck the assembled fuse will fit in the bed no problem...the wing is two piece so no worries there either..

Merry Christmas to all y'all Rascal owners!
Dec 24, 2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert
Interesting. The only Evolution I own is a 1.00 nitro, that has never run well. Might have to check out their gas engines.

Anyway, Merry Christmas all.
Dec 25, 2011, 02:55 AM
Mark
My customer service with Horizon Hobby has been excellent in the past and I'm sure if you have a problem with your engine, they will make it right if it is in fact the fault of the engine. They are very good to deal with IMHO.
Dec 25, 2011, 03:44 AM

Plans

Hi, to all of you who are waiting since 2 years without success, here my contribution to build it yourself.
I have drwan the plan for a giant 165" size to be built. After a workshop fire I lost all my tools and models and the semifinished 165" size Rascal too.

Here is the plan:
http://www.wabo.ro/download/wascal.dxf

Contact me by mail or in this topic for questions.
I have sent the plan to SIG as well in 2010, maybe that is why they added the flaps. Never got any reply.
Dec 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
Im also looking at getting a Rascal 110... would the DLE20 be a good option?? I definately am sticking with gas... Ive read the Zenoah G26 EI is rather heavy and the ignition draws alot of current... would the DLE30 be a better option??
Dec 25, 2011, 08:55 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCYWG
Im also looking at getting a Rascal 110... would the DLE20 be a good option?? I definately am sticking with gas... Ive read the Zenoah G26 EI is rather heavy and the ignition draws alot of current... would the DLE30 be a better option??
It all depends on how you want to fly your Rascal 110. If your just a sunday flyer the smaller engines do just fine. We have a gentleman in our club that flys his with an OS 120 4 stroke and it does fine. For those of us that like to mix it up a little a gasser in the 30cc-40cc range is the ticket. If you get a G26 from Ralph Cunningham you will not have the weight or the current draw.