Thread Tools
Dec 22, 2011, 07:27 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
olezippi's Avatar
skyjet,

All the hinges are Robart style and the only surface not pre-glued is the rudder.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
Electric or Bust!
skyjet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi
skyjet,

All the hinges are Robart style and the only surface not pre-glued is the rudder.
Thanks! If they did a good job, it will save a lot of time.
Last edited by skyjet; Dec 22, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Dec 23, 2011, 02:48 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi
Just received my new Rascal 110. The box was not crushed and all the contents look good so far. Beside the addition of flaps SIG has went to Robart style hinges which I'm glad to see because I switched all of mine to this style of hinge when the CA hinges started giving away on the old Rascal. I do not like that the hinges are pre-installed and glued in. The limit of travel is minimal. The wheel pants now do not have the seam line that was visable on the old Rascal. The quality still looks as good as the original Rascal 110. Only time will tell as I get deeper into the build but so far the first impressions are good.
"the limit of travel is minimal". Do you mean the hinges give you limited travel?

If you don't mind, could you post what maximum deflection is for various controls.
Dec 23, 2011, 06:48 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
olezippi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinTD
"the limit of travel is minimal". Do you mean the hinges give you limited travel?

If you don't mind, could you post what maximum deflection is for various controls.
Looks like you can get the throws that are listed in the manual. I just like a lot more for 3D.
Dec 23, 2011, 07:35 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS

SUSSA 30 and Rascal


Just too dad gum neat Zippi. Keep us updated. Brian
Dec 23, 2011, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi
Looks like you can get the throws that are listed in the manual. I just like a lot more for 3D.
Think it will still 3d? At least knife edge? If not, does it look like changing hinges would fix it, or are there other mechanical limits to throw?

Sorry about all the Q's.
Dec 23, 2011, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Made in China or Vietnam? Should say on the box
Dec 23, 2011, 01:16 PM
Electric or Bust!
skyjet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celltech
Made in China or Vietnam? Should say on the box
I think somebody told me from Sig that they were made in Taiwan.
Dec 23, 2011, 01:21 PM
Registered User
If made in Taiwan that would make the quality probably better then before. Taiwan (ROC) quality is normally better then China let alone Vietnam. Thunder Tiger is a good example. I would take a TT 46 over an OS 46 any day of the week. That could also explain the large price hike. Taiwan is more westernized then China.
Dec 23, 2011, 01:48 PM
Electric or Bust!
skyjet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celltech
If made in Taiwan that would make the quality probably better then before. Taiwan (ROC) quality is normally better then China let alone Vietnam. Thunder Tiger is a good example. I would take a TT 46 over an OS 46 any day of the week. That could also explain the large price hike. Taiwan is more westernized then China.
Sigs quality was good before. If it is as good as it was before, I will be very happy. I bought my first Rascal 110 7 years ago and this is the first price increase. I didn't want to see the price go up, but I was expecting it to. Hangar 9's 1/4 scale cub sells for $580, so the pricing is in line with them.
Dec 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
KJ4YNM
RCPtero's Avatar
Box says made in China.
Dec 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
Electric or Bust!
skyjet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPtero
Box says made in China.
What color did you get?
Dec 23, 2011, 03:06 PM
KJ4YNM
RCPtero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjet
What color did you get?
Blue. Photos on ATTF thread.
Dec 23, 2011, 03:51 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
olezippi's Avatar
Yeap, box says made in China.
Dec 24, 2011, 01:59 AM
Registered User
Would it be possible to weigh al the parts as they come, unassembled?
So including all the hardware that comes in the box. I'm curious on the "empty" weight.

Gerben


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Sig Rascal 110 g wheeler Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 May 29, 2012 03:05 PM
For Sale Sig Rascal 110 g wheeler Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 18, 2011 08:49 PM
For Sale Sig Rascal 110 g wheeler Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2011 08:55 PM
Sold Sig rascal 110 red/white lpu yates55 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Apr 15, 2011 06:06 PM
Sold Sig rascal 110 red/white lpu yates55 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Apr 15, 2011 06:05 PM