Dec 15, 2011, 12:09 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Anyone get conformation on shipment yet? Today is the day I was told that SIG would have them in.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2011, 12:45 PM
The boat from China (Vietnam?) to Iowa has docked ! The planes arrived this morning according to Sig! The woman who answered the phone said it will take a couple of days for the "techs" to inspect each one and get it mailed.

Santa better get busy! Christmas isn't too far off!

I for one, didn't know Montezuma had navigable waterways, but you learn something new each day!

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Dec 17, 2011, 07:27 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot
The boat from China (Vietnam?) to Iowa has docked ! The planes arrived this morning according to Sig! The woman who answered the phone said it will take a couple of days for the "techs" to inspect each one and get it mailed.

I for one, didn't know Montezuma had navigable waterways, but you learn something new each day!

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Great news. If they get everything sorted out by early next week I should have mine by this time next week. Hopefully.
Dec 17, 2011, 05:12 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Well, another 110 took flight today. Thanks again to Skyjet for letting go of one of his collection.

The power system consists of a BP Hobbies BP A5330-9, with a Xoar 19x8 prop, 10s 5000 Sky Lipo, and an Electifly Silver Series 80A HV speed control.

It rotated at 1/3rd throttle, and I left it there for the climbout. At altitude, it required NO trim. A few laps around the field to feel her out, and then into a couple of loops and rolls, as well as some low speed testing, which was impressive. Stalls were a non event, and just dipped the nose a bit. It spins well, and stops instantly. Knife Edge was easy, with just a little coupling...I don't know that I will even worry about mixing it out. I never needed more than 1/2 throttle for the flight, and flew 7 minutes which only consumed 2000mah.

The second flight was just as good, and I did hit full throttle on a vertical climb...and it was IMPRESSIVE! It showed no signs of stopping, the only limit was my vision. I think I am in love!!!
Dec 17, 2011, 06:14 PM
Mark
Ah yes, another one hooked. Looks like you had nice weather for it. What is that structure on the hill in the background? Looks awfully big for as far away as it is, or that may be a wide angle lens doing it.
Dec 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
KJ4YNM
Lookin' good, Tim!

As for that "structure" on the hill in the background. That's the top of Pilot Mountain and it's natural.

I'm still awaiting confirmation that they're actually shipping. It would be nice to have her before Christmas.

--
Tom
Dec 18, 2011, 06:57 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
IFLYOS,

I like the electric setup. The 110 looks nice in the air. Wish we had some of your good weather around here. I just received my SYSSA 30cc gasser that will be the muscle for my new 110 along with a Vess 18.5X5.5 prop. It would be nice to get an email from Sig on Monday saying that my 110 has shipped. Here's a pic of my previous Rascal 110.
Dec 18, 2011, 09:10 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
The SYSSA will really make the Rascal scream...those are some AWESOME engines. I gotta admit, I am jealous. That is one engine that has been on my wishlist for a long time....

I hope you get shipping confirmation soon, I look forward to hearing how the SYSSA does in your Rascal!
Dec 18, 2011, 04:24 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
I received an email from Becky at SIG today and she told me that they got their shipment in on Friday 12/16/11 and the Rascal 110's will start shipping on Monday 12/19/11 .
Dec 18, 2011, 11:51 PM
I too have one on the way, should be a good Christmas!!! I am having trouble deciding which engine to put in it. I have no experience with gas but like all the pros of gas. I'm pretty much a Saito guy and was leaning towards the 150. I also have been looking at the Syssa engine but don't know if it would be too much power or too much noise. I'll probably call Todd and ask for his opinion. I talked to him before at the Toledo show and think he is a good guy. The engine is definitely a very nice engine. Any thoughts or recommends from you guys would be greatly appreciated!!
Dec 19, 2011, 06:47 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Oiler747,

Gas is so much easier, cleaner, and cheaper to operate. The most popular engine around here for the Rascal 110 is the G26 swinging an 18X8 prop. We do have one gentleman in our club that flys his with an OS 120. I have seen one fly with a ZDZ40 and it was insane. The Saito 180 will hover the Rascal all day long. I guess the power plant all depends on your style of flying. I do know this, the last Rascal 110 I had was sporting a G26 swinging a XOAR 18X8 prop and it would hover the 110 for just a few seconds and then begin to fall off. This time around I want to make sure I have enough power that's why I went with the SYSSA 30cc swinging a Vess 18.5X5.5 prop. The RPM's on this engine are a lot higher swinging a bigger prop. I can't wait to get another Rascal 110 in the air.
Last edited by olezippi; Dec 19, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
Dec 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thanx for the reply Olezippi !!

I do like the idea of less clean-up, cost and ease a gas engine provides. I like the 4-stroke sound but a 150 would drink a lot of fuel and cleaning the slime off the 110 would be a pain in the butt!! Looking at the SYSSA engine it should fit almost perfect by my measurements. What size stand-offs do you get with your engine?
Hopefully the planes are on the way so I'll have to make up my mind pretty soon!!

THANX
Dec 19, 2011, 05:05 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler747
Thanx for the reply Olezippi !!

I do like the idea of less clean-up, cost and ease a gas engine provides. I like the 4-stroke sound but a 150 would drink a lot of fuel and cleaning the slime off the 110 would be a pain in the butt!! Looking at the SYSSA engine it should fit almost perfect by my measurements. What size stand-offs do you get with your engine?
Hopefully the planes are on the way so I'll have to make up my mind pretty soon!!

THANX
I bought the 5.687" Firewall to Hub Dimension. Depending on what the centerline offset is on the Rascal 110 the only issue I can see is the corner of the box on the rear exhaust. I'm thinking it should all fit inside.
Dec 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
HAV
HAV
Consider the Saito 180 gas motor. Friend has one in a TF182. Runs very well.
http://www.espritmodel.com/saito-fg3...gine-180g.aspx
Dec 20, 2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Is Sig chinese made planes? I tought it was all the way american!